Yodle

Very Difficult Interview

Data Supervisor Interview

Data Supervisor
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle in September 2013.

Interview Details – Numerous questions about managing even though the position is entry level staff and is not considered a "management" role. The role is tied to sales directly and has direct management duties towards sales and sales management. To say the lease you will be running the sales teams with data driven decision making while the sales managers baby sit the sales people and relay your findings making them the stars of the show with your work.

Interview Question – Nothing in specific, the interviewer is inexperienced in management themselves therefor the questions asked do not pertain to the position offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations, zero they will not negotiate salary.

Sales Representatuve Interview

Sales Representatuve

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – Quick over the phone interview and then one in person interview with hiring manager. Very easy and want to make sure you will follow their exact instructions

Interview Question – How many calls can you make in a day here   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Question – Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied Online and then received an email saying that they were looking elsewhere. Then, oddly, I was contacted by recruiter for phone interview. It was pretty causal and friendly. I suppose I did well because the recruiter then set up second interview with someone at the company for a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you showed leadership   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – turnover rate is extremely high, not a fan of cold calling

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yodle in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for for interview in person - Charlotte office, after a phone interview from AZ office. Interviewed with two people, though neither were the person I was told I would interview with. I was there for about an hour and a half. They went over my resume and asked some typical, and some not as typical questions. They seemed to want to get a sense of my sales style, and ability to handle the environment.

Interview Question – How many gas stations do you think are in the united states?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary is same for everyone starting in this position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – Entire process took about two weeks:

- Applied on website

- Received a call a few days later which turned into a short phone interview with a recruiter

- Received a call a day later to set up interview for the following week

- Was told to dress business casual

- Interview lasted 30 minutes and included speaking with SDR manager and senior recruiting manager

- Basic questions asked in every interview (previous experience, overcoming obstacle, why you'd be great at position, etc.)

- Received a job offer on the drive home

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in sales?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yodle in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online for Senior Software Engineer In Test. There was a link to try some puzzles that would get you to the top of their queue. I solved the puzzles and got an email several days later from an internal recruiter. The position that she interviewed me for turned out to be a regular Software Engineer position, not the QA position I had applied to. They said they were looking for smart programmers and did not care what languages candidates had experience in.

Interview Question – Describe one time that you had to solve a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Customer Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – This was the first job that I had to submit my interview through video. After the interview they will notify you and schedule your next interview. The actual face to face interview went well. The atmosphere was very upbeat.

Interview Question – The questions were the basic questions. The video interview was the hardest.   Answer Question

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Search Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in July 2009.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews. Started with members of the team and then with the VP of Search Marketing. These guys really put you through the grinder. I've interviewed with the likes of Google and Yahoo and these guys are worse. Worthless brainteasers thrown at you, problem solving questions that barely relate to the job. Lot's of questions and thoughts on Google algorithm, CTR, etc..

Interview Question – there's a duck and chicken on one side of the river and a goat on the other, you have a boat that only holds two people. get them across but can't leave the goat and the chicken, or something to that extent. so dumb.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I really didn't like the vibe of the people I interviewed with and the company in general.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Software Engineering Manager

Interviewed at Yodle

Interview Details – I had 2 phone calls with a recruiter. The first was more of an informational session where we discussed the company and details about the position available. The second was a more formal interview/phone screening. The recruiter asked some technical questions as part of the process.

Interview Question – I found the following question a bit unusual, in that it was fairly... Can you create a hash from a tree.   Answer Question