Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personal Interview. Overall the interview went pretty well in my opinion, first you walk in and they sit you down in a room with just a laptop and there are some directions to follow. You basically make a very dumbed down powerpoint presentation, at least thats what the directions say to do, this dosen't mean you cant enhance it (which is exactly what I did). Personally I believe anyone with drive and a few good success books in them (Dale Carnegie, Frank Bettger...) can get this job. I was not offered a position due to past criminal charges.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? Why sales? Name a time you set and exceeded a goal? Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, in-person interview with hiring manager and HR team, phone interview with VP of HR, then second-round interview with hiring manager and business leaders, directors, etc.

Interview Questions

• "There was one concern from your last interview we wanted to share with you and seek your feedback on, if we may?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle in February 2015.

Interview

A Yodle recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn concerning an opening the company had matching my career history and credentials. I’m not currently on the job market, but why not see what the company and position is all about? The recruiter and I emailed a few times over two days before we set up a telephone appointment to talk about the position. The recruiter was prompt and lovely to speak with -- she seemed interested in what I had to say and was receptive to my work experience. And then she moved into the “behavioral interviewing” portion of the talk, which she informed me Yodle is a proponent of doing. Some of these questions stood out as overly arbitrary and complicated; I was asked four of them. Here’s an example: “Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition.” OK... It’s not a bad question, but would be more effective when worked into a conversation during an in-person interview and not an initial screening. Afterward, I was told my information was being passed along to the hiring manager, and if he/she was interested in talking further with me I’d hear back in 24 to 48 hours. But no matter what, I’d hear something either from the recruiter or hiring manager in that time. I never did. While the initial telephone screening was fine, I do find it inconsiderate and disrespectful I wasn’t contacted back -- even to tell me they didn’t want to consider me further -- considering the Yodle recruiter approached me first.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition...   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Slapdash and filled with hypothetical questions. Room for interview was very loud that a phone conf call was impossible. Moreover, gave me a paper cup from a dunkin donuts cup found in a desk junk draw of the HR person. Showed that they are uncoordinated, cheap and sloppy. The interviewers were overly, goofily enthusiastic and all white men.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

First they schedule a phone interview after you successfully complete that you are then asked to come in for a face to face interview. When you go in for your one on one interview you are asked to prepare a quick power point presentation and email it to the recruiter.Then you will side jack (listen to a rep cold call), then you will be asked to read a script, and then after that your asked about your sales skills and general interview questions.

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Overall the process was fairly short. I applied for an open position. Had a 30 minute phone screen (and was told that Yodle is moving fast and would have results the day after the interview). Received a message asking for an in person interview. Went to the in person interview. And then waited for a response. The interview itself lasted four hours. I had a schedule to meet with five different people (two via Skype). Two people that were on the onsite schedule did not end up meeting with me. One being the manager. There was a ton of lag time between interviews. Took me a week to hear back after the interview. Simply put: I think that they were rushing through the interview/ hiring process and forgot a lot of the details.

Interview Questions

• What kind of personality do you have?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I got an email right away saying that they were interested in setting up an interview. I of course agreed and told the HR lady the days and times I was available to talk. Well I never heard back until a week later. We then set an interview for this past Monday. Well guess what, I got stood up. This company is the most unprofessional, especially the HR department. How rude can you possibly be!

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had 3 phone conversations with an HR rep and manager. They were straight forward and less than 45 minutes each and always friendly. The process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me multiple times/in different ways/in different conversations about my commitment to sales. If you don't have any experience or strong interest in sales, dig deep into your soul to find a good answer to that question.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executivce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was a 5 step interview process. 1st interview was with the HR Department, 2nd interviews were with the Sales Managers and the final interview was with the Area Sales Director. After I approved through all these steps I had an on the phone closing presentation where they verbally gave me a product and I had to overcome their objections and close them on the spot.

Negotiation

There wasn't a huge long negotiation phase. They are very cut and dry. It is what it is take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The entire process took about a week and a half. I sent my resume and applied online. It took about 4 days for someone to get back to me. I had a phone interview and then I got called into the office for two more interviews before I got hired. The first interview was basic questions, regarding my history and past experience. The last interview was all behavioral, seeing how I would react under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the objection of someone who doesn't see the value in something?   2 Answers