Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy and friendly. This interview is more about getting to know the person than it is getting to know your experience. Go in with confidence and the drive to learn. I would say to brush up on the online training for google adwords and bing ads, just so that you know the terms that they are using. You don't really have to walk the walk, but being able to talk the talk is a huge leg up.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience on Excel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a selective interview process but very professional. I had several phone interviews before finally the 1 on 1 interview. When the 1 on 1 happen i feel the interview process is to make sure you are good fit for the company and their values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

They came across my resume online, she contacted me immediately through email. The interview process was quick, I had one interview. During that interview they asked me to make a short power point and attach it to an email. (to see if you're computer savvy) and they offered me the position the next day. It took 2 weeks to actually start training.

Interview Questions

• What did you have trouble with recently that you couldn't figure out how to use? and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

strict 20k base pay

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

First step of the process completed by telephone. Questions were standard, such as how did you hear about us, what do you know about the company, tell me about your previous sales experience, etc. There were also questions regarding computer skills. The interviewer was well informed and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Was told if they were interested, I would hear back by phone or e-mail.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

30 minute shadow of a rep on the floor, followed by making a powerpoint slide with your name and date on it just to show you can use a computer.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, except how do you want your name for your company email   Answer Question

Negotiation

is none, strict 20k base

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I responded and have not heard back. I prepared to talk to the recruiter based on the time I told him was best for me. It is quite heartbreaking and extremely unprofessional on the recruiter's part. Im very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

interview phone & in person (Year ago)really nothing to add - very easy - will take most anyone breathing that can answer a few questions and can handle a power point - must be able to read!

Interview Questions

• what kind of salesman are you Samaria or nijia   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews at first than an in-office interview with various members of the team. Recruiter was very nice and helpful during the whole process. Interview with team was fairly lengthy but felt they should have had better questions prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Within hours of submitting my application online, I received a screening interview call. The call lasted under ten minutes and was primarily based on confirming the information on my résumé. At the end of call a 1:1 interview was set up with the Hiring Manager for the following day. The second interview began by focusing on my résumé — specifically the cold calling experience I have. The quotas are based on attaining 15 solid leads per week. Commissions for these are split with the senior reps when the accounts close. After assessing that my skill set might be above entry level, the manager explained the senior rep opportunities explaining the differences between the transactional and relational sales opportunities. Both have a $20K base salary with commission ranging from 40-70% depending on where your monthly sales fall within the entirety of the sales reps. After explaining all of this to me, the manager paused and asked what I thought. Turns out this was actually a job offer. I was a bit caught off-guard since I was not expecting an offer after a 20 minute conversation. I inquired as to benefits and vacation and was informed that the position included medical with Aetna, dental/vision, pet insurance, 3 weeks vacation (10 hours accrued per month), and company holidays (10 per year).

Interview Questions

• How many cold calls were you expected to make in a day? And how many closes were you expected to make in a week?   Answer Question

While this is clearly a rapidly growing company, the entirety of their sales is based on scripted cold calling. It appears to be a fantastic place to gain experience and demonstrate quota capacities. However, at this juncture, it does not seem the most appropriate career step for my goals.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I received a phone call for an initial interview. The first interview was with two people, mainly assessing my interest in the company and the position, as well as my going over my experience. The second interview with the hiring manager was a behavioral one asking questions about different scenarios I might face or dealt with in the past. Some of the questions: Why Yodle? Why you? Sales experience? Most successful/challenging sale?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

See What Yodle Employees Are Saying

Current Human Resources in Austin, TX

Pros: “Yodle is by far the most energetic, fun, hard-working and culture-driven environment I have ever worked in or witnessed! It's great to see so many positive people collaborating...”“Yodle is by far the most energetic, fun, hard-working and culture-driven environment I have ever worked in or witnessed! It's great to see so many positive people collaborating together and making the workplace such an engaging place, and to ultimately drive amazing results. The engagement activities, complementary lunches and happy hours, and outstanding values (that are ACTUALLY valued), set Yodle apart from any company. I've truly never loved coming to work as much as I do now, and I am eager to see what the future holds for me here, as I am confident that this will be a successful long-term career for me.” – Full Review