Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Yodle.

Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle in November 2013.

I applied Online and then received an email saying that they were looking elsewhere. Then, oddly, I was contacted by recruiter for phone interview. It was pretty causal and friendly. I suppose I did well because the recruiter then set up second interview with someone at the company for a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

turnover rate is extremely high, not a fan of cold calling

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yodle in November 2013.

Went in for for interview in person - Charlotte office, after a phone interview from AZ office. Interviewed with two people, though neither were the person I was told I would interview with. I was there for about an hour and a half. They went over my resume and asked some typical, and some not as typical questions. They seemed to want to get a sense of my sales style, and ability to handle the environment.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations do you think are in the united states?   View Answer
    No negotiation, salary is same for everyone starting in this position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle.

Entire process took about two weeks:

- Applied on website

- Received a call a few days later which turned into a short phone interview with a recruiter

- Received a call a day later to set up interview for the following week

- Was told to dress business casual

- Interview lasted 30 minutes and included speaking with SDR manager and senior recruiting manager

- Basic questions asked in every interview (previous experience, overcoming obstacle, why you'd be great at position, etc.)

- Received a job offer on the drive home

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Yodle in October 2013.

I filled out an application online for Senior Software Engineer In Test. There was a link to try some puzzles that would get you to the top of their queue. I solved the puzzles and got an email several days later from an internal recruiter. The position that she interviewed me for turned out to be a regular Software Engineer position, not the QA position I had applied to. They said they were looking for smart programmers and did not care what languages candidates had experience in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time that you had to solve a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle.

This was the first job that I had to submit my interview through video. After the interview they will notify you and schedule your next interview. The actual face to face interview went well. The atmosphere was very upbeat.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the basic questions. The video interview was the hardest.   Answer Question

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in July 2009.

Three rounds of interviews. Started with members of the team and then with the VP of Search Marketing. These guys really put you through the grinder. I've interviewed with the likes of Google and Yahoo and these guys are worse. Worthless brainteasers thrown at you, problem solving questions that barely relate to the job. Lot's of questions and thoughts on Google algorithm, CTR, etc..

Interview Questions
    • there's a duck and chicken on one side of the river and a goat on the other, you have a boat that only holds two people. get them across but can't leave the goat and the chicken, or something to that extent. so dumb.   View Answer

I really didn't like the vibe of the people I interviewed with and the company in general.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

I had 2 phone calls with a recruiter. The first was more of an informational session where we discussed the company and details about the position available. The second was a more formal interview/phone screening. The recruiter asked some technical questions as part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • I found the following question a bit unusual, in that it was fairly... Can you create a hash from a tree.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Yodle.

The initial contact is to setup a 20-30 minute phone interview, if you are a good fit, you'll be scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the recruiter and/or with a senior manager. You can talk your way into it if you are a good salesman, but time will tell if you truly belong there.

Interview Questions
    • With all the constant rejection, what's going to keep you motivated?   View Answer
    No negotiation, I was informed of everything prior to the in person interview.

Sale Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle.

It was a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were situation focused. The interviewer was very calm and pleasant. There were about six different questions. My resume was not brought up for question. It is important to know the company history and some current events about it. It would be wise to have a few questions to ask the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to adapt to change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question