Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

My interviewer walked me around, showed me the sales floor, introduced me to who I'd be working with and asked why I felt I'd be a good fit. I am just typing this part because of the 30 word minimum to post.... short and sweet I say!

Interview Questions

• If a penguin walked into the room wearing a sombrero while holding a margarita, what would you say?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter by e-mail about a month later. I thought it was strange that it had taken so long but I was still in the job market, so I went with it. We set up a phone interview for the following day. She was about 15 minutes late calling me but the conversation went well. She thought that I would be a good fit and asked me if I was still interested. The pay was lower than I had anticipated and it was a temporary position so I hesitated and told her I would take the night to think about it some more. Before we got off the phone, she set up a call for the following morning at 9:00 a.m. I e-mailed her before the call time to tell her that I was in fact interested and she responded with, "Great. I'll call you later today with the next steps." She never called and this was a Friday so I e-mailed her over the weekend and never heard back ever again.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Completed the Juggle fest program in C++. I received an email a few days later for a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. I was then given a 2 hour coding challenge to do in java. It was sent to me late but I still finished early. Never got any response back and it's been 2 weeks.

Sales Representatuve Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Quick over the phone interview and then one in person interview with hiring manager. Very easy and want to make sure you will follow their exact instructions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Questions

• Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It took less than 10 minutes and I was already over qualified for the roll. They were just trying to fill numbers for the next round of who can make it here a month or two until we fire them for not being able to make their $900 revenue every two weeks to pay for the seat you sit in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site.

Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site.

The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview.

In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

There was an informal phone interview followed by a formal phone interview which led to a in person interview followed by a role play phone call. The job seemed decent but the vibe during the interview process was sketchy from start to finish. I waited nearly an hour in this 8X8 room only to be interviewed by 2 employees due to the fact the person who suppose to interview was busy. I would recommend this to a college grad but not to anyone looking to start and build a career.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just a lot of probing questions trying to more feel out your personality.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, fairly simple and straight to the point. shadow interview and then one final interview with the director of recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could perform the job to our standards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Went in for for interview in person - Charlotte office, after a phone interview from AZ office. Interviewed with two people, though neither were the person I was told I would interview with. I was there for about an hour and a half. They went over my resume and asked some typical, and some not as typical questions. They seemed to want to get a sense of my sales style, and ability to handle the environment.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations do you think are in the united states?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is same for everyone starting in this position.