Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site.

Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site.

The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview.

In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

There was an informal phone interview followed by a formal phone interview which led to a in person interview followed by a role play phone call. The job seemed decent but the vibe during the interview process was sketchy from start to finish. I waited nearly an hour in this 8X8 room only to be interviewed by 2 employees due to the fact the person who suppose to interview was busy. I would recommend this to a college grad but not to anyone looking to start and build a career.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just a lot of probing questions trying to more feel out your personality.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, fairly simple and straight to the point. shadow interview and then one final interview with the director of recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could perform the job to our standards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied Online and then received an email saying that they were looking elsewhere. Then, oddly, I was contacted by recruiter for phone interview. It was pretty causal and friendly. I suppose I did well because the recruiter then set up second interview with someone at the company for a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

turnover rate is extremely high, not a fan of cold calling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Went in for for interview in person - Charlotte office, after a phone interview from AZ office. Interviewed with two people, though neither were the person I was told I would interview with. I was there for about an hour and a half. They went over my resume and asked some typical, and some not as typical questions. They seemed to want to get a sense of my sales style, and ability to handle the environment.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations do you think are in the united states?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is same for everyone starting in this position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Entire process took about two weeks:

- Applied on website

- Received a call a few days later which turned into a short phone interview with a recruiter

- Received a call a day later to set up interview for the following week

- Was told to dress business casual

- Interview lasted 30 minutes and included speaking with SDR manager and senior recruiting manager

- Basic questions asked in every interview (previous experience, overcoming obstacle, why you'd be great at position, etc.)

- Received a job offer on the drive home

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Customer Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Interview

This was the first job that I had to submit my interview through video. After the interview they will notify you and schedule your next interview. The actual face to face interview went well. The atmosphere was very upbeat.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the basic questions. The video interview was the hardest.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online for Senior Software Engineer In Test. There was a link to try some puzzles that would get you to the top of their queue. I solved the puzzles and got an email several days later from an internal recruiter. The position that she interviewed me for turned out to be a regular Software Engineer position, not the QA position I had applied to. They said they were looking for smart programmers and did not care what languages candidates had experience in.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you had to solve a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Data Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Numerous questions about managing even though the position is entry level staff and is not considered a "management" role. The role is tied to sales directly and has direct management duties towards sales and sales management. To say the lease you will be running the sales teams with data driven decision making while the sales managers baby sit the sales people and relay your findings making them the stars of the show with your work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in specific, the interviewer is inexperienced in management themselves therefor the questions asked do not pertain to the position offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations, zero they will not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple, efficient and welcoming. They give you a tour of the building and introduce you to management. Part of the process is to have you sit with a rep and listen to the "the grind". That way, you can determine if it's something that you're up for. If it sounds too difficult, you found out the easy way. If you feel comfortable with it, they'll train you and give you a shot at it.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I can't remember any questions specifically. The interview was pretty much like any other interview except just a little happier.   Answer Question