Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.7

Sale Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle.

It was a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were situation focused. The interviewer was very calm and pleasant. There were about six different questions. My resume was not brought up for question. It is important to know the company history and some current events about it. It would be wise to have a few questions to ask the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to adapt to change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Search Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle in June 2013.

Referred by a current employee. Was interviewed by the senior manager and 2 senior consultants, followed by a follow up phone interview by the team's director. The interviews were about 1.5 hours overall, and not overaly rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the questions were geared towards how to handle clients and my professionalism. No marketing experience was required except a general understanding of digital marketing/SEM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle.

Applied for a sales job. The next day I had a phone interview with a recruiter and the following Monday I had a panel interview with three sales managers. Very casual. Was offered the position by the end of the interview.

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

Applied on yodle career website, got a call for Phone interview. Was asked basic HR questions and then a technical quiz like:
    -What is inheritance and composition in Java.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a tree.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a list.
    -Why do you like java.
    -Difference between a stack and a queue.

**I really didnt like the interview process. HR person asking yes and No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

All I did was look them up online, I saw the positions available. I went to the location and asked to meet with a member of the Human Resources. They came out we spoke for about Five minutes and scheduled an interview for the next week. DO NOT WHERE A SUIT. I was over dressed. They have a very casual environment.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard or tricky. They mostly asked about my previous sales experience and why I would like to work at Yodle.   Answer Question

The starting pay was too low. They were going to start me at $20k plus commision.

Yodle/Software Developer Interview

They have two programming exercises, the harder one is a programming challenge where you have to place jugglers in their preferred circuits. I spent a few hours programming it and got the correct solution, and you e-mail your solution and resume to the e-mail address based on your answer. The e-mail just goes straight to HR, you don't bypass them. All I got was a disinterested reply saying they'll pass my resume to managers and see if there's any interest. You don't get an automatic interview as the challenge sort of implied. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Programming test involving jugglers in circuits.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yodle.

There was a general phone interview with the someone where they tell you about the job description. Then you have another phone interview with the Manager of sales and that about 15 mins. he asked general question about why this company , why sales and what makes you different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Applied online and then was contacted by recruiter. A few rounds of phone interviews, a relatively online programming test, followed by an on-site interview in New York. On-site interview consisted of obvious technical/whiteboard design questions, a simple programming test on one of their machines, lunch with two developers,. meeting their CTO.

Performance Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

I interviewed with Yodle and the VP interviews you first. She asks behavioral questions. Then you will meet with the Reporting Manager, just depends on who you get, because they seem to have their own style. I am more than qualified for opportunities in online marketing. The only thing for the Charlotte Office is that they seem to only hire the MAJORITY. If you walk around the office, everyone is of the same race. This exists in a city that is 40% minority. How is that possible? It's possible because if you dare list a college that is a HBC on your resume they won't call you - regardless of your experience level. If you take the HBC off your resume, they will call you. Bottom line is I think they have a racist hiring process. How else can you explain the demographics of the Charlotte Office.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult. It's getting them to look past one's skin color in order to be given a fair chance.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Solved the harder problem from their website, got a call in a couple of days
    First was a minor tech screening with their HR recruiter who was courteous and knowledgeable. Discussed about experience and some easy datastructure questions.
    Second was a phone interview with one of their engineering manager. Asked about some project experience picked from my resume. Further on a question to design a small system with OOP. Requirements were clarified beforehand. Interview was nice and simple but I think the time frame was not big enough for me to design the system. Interviewer was very patient and we had a good interaction.