Yodle

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

Data Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle in September 2013.

Numerous questions about managing even though the position is entry level staff and is not considered a "management" role. The role is tied to sales directly and has direct management duties towards sales and sales management. To say the lease you will be running the sales teams with data driven decision making while the sales managers baby sit the sales people and relay your findings making them the stars of the show with your work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in specific, the interviewer is inexperienced in management themselves therefor the questions asked do not pertain to the position offered.   Answer Question
    Negotiations, zero they will not negotiate salary.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

I had 2 phone calls with a recruiter. The first was more of an informational session where we discussed the company and details about the position available. The second was a more formal interview/phone screening. The recruiter asked some technical questions as part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • I found the following question a bit unusual, in that it was fairly... Can you create a hash from a tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

The initial contact is to setup a 20-30 minute phone interview, if you are a good fit, you'll be scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the recruiter and/or with a senior manager. You can talk your way into it if you are a good salesman, but time will tell if you truly belong there.

Interview Questions
    • With all the constant rejection, what's going to keep you motivated?   View Answer
    No negotiation, I was informed of everything prior to the in person interview.

Sale Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle.

It was a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were situation focused. The interviewer was very calm and pleasant. There were about six different questions. My resume was not brought up for question. It is important to know the company history and some current events about it. It would be wise to have a few questions to ask the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to adapt to change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle in July 2013.

The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter, pretty standard questions, but she did keep asking me if I would rather go into a full circle sales position.

The second part of the interview is to come into the office and shadow a rep on the phone for 10-30 minutes. After that they pull you into an interview room, and ask you some pretty basic questions like what motivates you, do you think you would be able to make over 100 dials a day, etc. THenthey offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I thought it was weird that the recruiter kept asking me if I wanted to go into a full circle sales position, even though I had no real sales experience to speak of.   View Answer
    There isn't a negotiation phase. You're told you get $20k base pay and 20% commision.

Search Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle in June 2013.

Referred by a current employee. Was interviewed by the senior manager and 2 senior consultants, followed by a follow up phone interview by the team's director. The interviews were about 1.5 hours overall, and not overaly rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the questions were geared towards how to handle clients and my professionalism. No marketing experience was required except a general understanding of digital marketing/SEM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle.

Applied for a sales job. The next day I had a phone interview with a recruiter and the following Monday I had a panel interview with three sales managers. Very casual. Was offered the position by the end of the interview.

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

Applied on yodle career website, got a call for Phone interview. Was asked basic HR questions and then a technical quiz like:
    -What is inheritance and composition in Java.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a tree.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a list.
    -Why do you like java.
    -Difference between a stack and a queue.

**I really didnt like the interview process. HR person asking yes and No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

All I did was look them up online, I saw the positions available. I went to the location and asked to meet with a member of the Human Resources. They came out we spoke for about Five minutes and scheduled an interview for the next week. DO NOT WHERE A SUIT. I was over dressed. They have a very casual environment.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not hard or tricky. They mostly asked about my previous sales experience and why I would like to work at Yodle.   Answer Question

The starting pay was too low. They were going to start me at $20k plus commision.

Yodle/Software Developer Interview

They have two programming exercises, the harder one is a programming challenge where you have to place jugglers in their preferred circuits. I spent a few hours programming it and got the correct solution, and you e-mail your solution and resume to the e-mail address based on your answer. The e-mail just goes straight to HR, you don't bypass them. All I got was a disinterested reply saying they'll pass my resume to managers and see if there's any interest. You don't get an automatic interview as the challenge sort of implied. Oh well.