Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Although I was disappointed that the position I applied for was filled, I was surprised to be offered a non position specific interview. The general questions helped identify future opportunities as well. Excellent follow-up and overall interest in the candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The guy was a touch on the unprofessional side. Google the company and you will see they are a shady business.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

My interviewer walked me around, showed me the sales floor, introduced me to who I'd be working with and asked why I felt I'd be a good fit. I am just typing this part because of the 30 word minimum to post.... short and sweet I say!

Interview Questions

• If a penguin walked into the room wearing a sombrero while holding a margarita, what would you say?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I toured the building and sat with an employee to understand the role of the job. I was then called into HR for an interview and asked what I thought of the job. I had worked for another company that the recruiter was familiar with and they had a good track record working for the company. So after answering a few questions, taking an online assessment, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter by e-mail about a month later. I thought it was strange that it had taken so long but I was still in the job market, so I went with it. We set up a phone interview for the following day. She was about 15 minutes late calling me but the conversation went well. She thought that I would be a good fit and asked me if I was still interested. The pay was lower than I had anticipated and it was a temporary position so I hesitated and told her I would take the night to think about it some more. Before we got off the phone, she set up a call for the following morning at 9:00 a.m. I e-mailed her before the call time to tell her that I was in fact interested and she responded with, "Great. I'll call you later today with the next steps." She never called and this was a Friday so I e-mailed her over the weekend and never heard back ever again.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Completed the Juggle fest program in C++. I received an email a few days later for a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. I was then given a 2 hour coding challenge to do in java. It was sent to me late but I still finished early. Never got any response back and it's been 2 weeks.

Sales Representatuve Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Quick over the phone interview and then one in person interview with hiring manager. Very easy and want to make sure you will follow their exact instructions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Questions

• Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

It took less than 10 minutes and I was already over qualified for the roll. They were just trying to fill numbers for the next round of who can make it here a month or two until we fire them for not being able to make their $900 revenue every two weeks to pay for the seat you sit in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site. Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site. The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview. In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.