Yodle Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

i was referred by an employee who worked there. the interview process was very quick. when you arrive to the interview they let you shadow a worker for 30 minutes which is extremely helpful in understanding the job. then I interviewed.. the interviewers were extremely helpful in answering all my questions/concerns. they asked me to read a script in the interview. I had never done that before but it was fairly easy to figure out. you can tell the interviewers really love their jobs. the energy there is very apparent. i walked in that day to gongs banging, people cheering, and music jamming.

Interview Questions

• they ask you to read script in the interview, so be prepared to do that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yodle

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and received a phone interview the same day. Fairly simple screening questions about customer service experience and challenges I've successfully dealt with. I was then told to confirm an in-person interview for the next week along with an application and an online scavenger hunt (very easy, just to show that you're competent with technology).

The in-person interview was really not my cup of tea though. I was fairly OK with the environment -- large call center, lots of chatter, music blasting. I shadowed an employee who was pretty funny and frank about his job. Saw firsthand a lot of the rejection that sales representatives face on a daily basis, though that didn't deter me. I was then taken to an interview room where I spoke to two guys about the job and read off from a script. While one guy was pretty nice, I felt like the other was a tad rude. I remained friendly and kept a professional demeanor, but it seemed that he made up his mind the moment I walked in.

I would normally try to follow up after an interview, but the job didn't seem to be very worth it after this interview in particular. Just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What will keep you motivated in the face of rejection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call, was a great experience really cool guy, easy questions very straight forward. Made me take a test on the computer, a little tricky, but nonetheless simple. We spoke about baseball and the product/ service that Yodle provides. Seem really sincere and genuine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Next day got a phone call interview.
    Typical questions...
    How did you hear about us
    What do you know about yodle
    Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it
    Experience with sales and phone

Interview Questions

• What do you know about yodle   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Shadowed a sales representative for about half an hour to get a feel of things then was put into a room where I followed some simple instructions on the laptop. About five minutes later, I was interviewed by a couple of people who asked pretty typical interview questions based on my past experiences and how I handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a boss and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

First step of the process completed by telephone. Questions were standard, such as how did you hear about us, what do you know about the company, tell me about your previous sales experience, etc. There were also questions regarding computer skills. The interviewer was well informed and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Was told if they were interested, I would hear back by phone or e-mail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

They came across my resume online, she contacted me immediately through email. The interview process was quick, I had one interview. During that interview they asked me to make a short power point and attach it to an email. (to see if you're computer savvy) and they offered me the position the next day. It took 2 weeks to actually start training.

Interview Questions

• What did you have trouble with recently that you couldn't figure out how to use? and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

strict 20k base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Mine was quick and mainly centered on experience, personality, and if I was willing to be on the phones for long periods of time. Yodle typically has training classes at the start of every month, especially the Scottsdale, AZ office since it's expanding. I guess I was one of the first people they called for an interview since I was asked if I was willing to wait until October to start. I said it was fine. The actual interview went horrible, personally. I was 40-minutes late due to my bus breaking down, but the hiring manager was sweet and gave me a 10-minute interview and an offer right on the spot! They usually accept people with personalities, confident people, and people who are willing to be on the phone for hours on end. They don't care if you have experience, the paid training is a month long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with computers, technology, or marketing/advertising?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation made. The offer was okay at $9.62. Most of my money came from sales anyway. They have three tiers: 52%, 62%, and 73% of every sale you make. Which tier you're on depends on a list of the sales every rep made, but the worth is what matters.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

30 minute shadow of a rep on the floor, followed by making a powerpoint slide with your name and date on it just to show you can use a computer.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, except how do you want your name for your company email   Answer Question

Negotiation

is none, strict 20k base

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

interview phone & in person (Year ago)really nothing to add - very easy - will take most anyone breathing that can answer a few questions and can handle a power point - must be able to read!

Interview Questions

• what kind of salesman are you Samaria or nijia   1 Answer

Negotiation

none