Yodle

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yodle in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for for interview in person - Charlotte office, after a phone interview from AZ office. Interviewed with two people, though neither were the person I was told I would interview with. I was there for about an hour and a half. They went over my resume and asked some typical, and some not as typical questions. They seemed to want to get a sense of my sales style, and ability to handle the environment.

Interview Question – How many gas stations do you think are in the united states?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary is same for everyone starting in this position.

Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – The initial contact is to setup a 20-30 minute phone interview, if you are a good fit, you'll be scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the recruiter and/or with a senior manager. You can talk your way into it if you are a good salesman, but time will tell if you truly belong there.

Interview Question – With all the constant rejection, what's going to keep you motivated?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was informed of everything prior to the in person interview.

Sale Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes. Questions were situation focused. The interviewer was very calm and pleasant. There were about six different questions. My resume was not brought up for question. It is important to know the company history and some current events about it. It would be wise to have a few questions to ask the interviewer.

Interview Question – What was a time where you had to adapt to change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

Interview Details – All I did was look them up online, I saw the positions available. I went to the location and asked to meet with a member of the Human Resources. They came out we spoke for about Five minutes and scheduled an interview for the next week. DO NOT WHERE A SUIT. I was over dressed. They have a very casual environment.

Interview Question – The questions were not hard or tricky. They mostly asked about my previous sales experience and why I would like to work at Yodle.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The starting pay was too low. They were going to start me at $20k plus commision.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – Applied for a sales job. The next day I had a phone interview with a recruiter and the following Monday I had a panel interview with three sales managers. Very casual. Was offered the position by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Details – There was a general phone interview with the someone where they tell you about the job description. Then you have another phone interview with the Manager of sales and that about 15 mins. he asked general question about why this company , why sales and what makes you different.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in January 2013.

Interview Details – First went to an open information session where they told us all the details about the company and what the role entailed. That same day, we set up follow-up phone interview. A couple of days later, they called me up and asked very basic interview questions. Eg. What are your strengths/weaknesses? What has been a challenging event in your life and how did you overcome it? Etc.
On that same call, set up a time/date for the one-on-one interview. Went in a couple of days later and interviewed with head of recruiting. Really easy-going interview process. Nothing really difficult about it. As long as you're into sales, challenges and staying motivated in a goal-oriented role; you'll do just fine. Have a very positive attitude, it goes such a long way. Also got to sit in on a sales call for 30min as part of the interview to see what the role was really like in practice. You get to see the atmosphere on the floor, the energy in the teams and all the action. That's the fun part.
The whole interview lasted around one hour and after, you're told they will let you know in one to two days. I was told the next day that I was being offered the position. Easy, breezy and painless.

Interview Question – What inspires you and what motivates you?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Really no room for negotiating. You either take it or leave it. Very low base (20K), but high commission plan.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call that had some preliminary interview questions. Then was asked to come in for a formal 1 on 1 interview and short demonstration of product. Typical interview questions and very short interview. Wasn't too interested in a cold calling position so did not follow up after interview. I received an email about 2 weeks later saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Question – Name a time when you purposefully did not follow directions from your supervisor and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle in September 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very quick. The Austin office is expanding very rapidly, so they are having luncheons and information sessions for prospective employees.

I went to a luncheon, shadowed a sales rep to see if I was interested in the position, and then came back the next day for my final interview. Everyone there is really friendly!

My interview did not last long, some may take longer. They are very particular abut making sure you are a right for the environment and atmosphere.

I was offered the job right away.

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as far as base and pay for this position. Everyone gets a set base. Perks and benefits are awesome!

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in September 2011.

Interview Details – I traveled down to NYC to have a 1 on 1 interview after speaking with one of their recruiters over the phone. My interview lasted only about 10 minutes and was a complete waste of my time. I have a background in sales and marketing and I was asked which area I would rather work in and replied that I'd be willing to throw my hand into either one because I have experience in both. Apparently they'd like you to have your heart set on one item. How can a recent graduate find what he really wants if not given the opportunity to experience both? Shortly after answering that questions the interview was over. Definitely not a company I'd want to work for if you're open to learning different processes.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yodle

Worked for Yodle? Contribute to the Community!

Yodle Videos

Yodle – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​​Come Grow With Us​​ ​Since 2005, Yodle has grown to almost 800 employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yodle Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yodle employees and interview candidates.