Yodle Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Next day got a phone call interview.
Typical questions...
How did you hear about us
What do you know about yodle
Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it
Experience with sales and phone

Interview Questions

• What do you know about yodle   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yodle

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Shadowed a sales representative for about half an hour to get a feel of things then was put into a room where I followed some simple instructions on the laptop. About five minutes later, I was interviewed by a couple of people who asked pretty typical interview questions based on my past experiences and how I handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a boss and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

First step of the process completed by telephone. Questions were standard, such as how did you hear about us, what do you know about the company, tell me about your previous sales experience, etc. There were also questions regarding computer skills. The interviewer was well informed and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Was told if they were interested, I would hear back by phone or e-mail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

They came across my resume online, she contacted me immediately through email. The interview process was quick, I had one interview. During that interview they asked me to make a short power point and attach it to an email. (to see if you're computer savvy) and they offered me the position the next day. It took 2 weeks to actually start training.

Interview Questions

• What did you have trouble with recently that you couldn't figure out how to use? and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

strict 20k base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Mine was quick and mainly centered on experience, personality, and if I was willing to be on the phones for long periods of time. Yodle typically has training classes at the start of every month, especially the Scottsdale, AZ office since it's expanding. I guess I was one of the first people they called for an interview since I was asked if I was willing to wait until October to start. I said it was fine. The actual interview went horrible, personally. I was 40-minutes late due to my bus breaking down, but the hiring manager was sweet and gave me a 10-minute interview and an offer right on the spot! They usually accept people with personalities, confident people, and people who are willing to be on the phone for hours on end. They don't care if you have experience, the paid training is a month long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with computers, technology, or marketing/advertising?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation made. The offer was okay at $9.62. Most of my money came from sales anyway. They have three tiers: 52%, 62%, and 73% of every sale you make. Which tier you're on depends on a list of the sales every rep made, but the worth is what matters.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

30 minute shadow of a rep on the floor, followed by making a powerpoint slide with your name and date on it just to show you can use a computer.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, except how do you want your name for your company email   Answer Question

Negotiation

is none, strict 20k base

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

interview phone & in person (Year ago)really nothing to add - very easy - will take most anyone breathing that can answer a few questions and can handle a power point - must be able to read!

Interview Questions

• what kind of salesman are you Samaria or nijia   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I received a phone call for an initial interview. The first interview was with two people, mainly assessing my interest in the company and the position, as well as my going over my experience. The second interview with the hiring manager was a behavioral one asking questions about different scenarios I might face or dealt with in the past.

Some of the questions: Why Yodle? Why you? Sales experience? Most successful/challenging sale?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Within hours of submitting my application online, I received a screening interview call. The call lasted under ten minutes and was primarily based on confirming the information on my résumé. At the end of call a 1:1 interview was set up with the Hiring Manager for the following day.

The second interview began by focusing on my résumé — specifically the cold calling experience I have. The quotas are based on attaining 15 solid leads per week. Commissions for these are split with the senior reps when the accounts close.

After assessing that my skill set might be above entry level, the manager explained the senior rep opportunities explaining the differences between the transactional and relational sales opportunities. Both have a $20K base salary with commission ranging from 40-70% depending on where your monthly sales fall within the entirety of the sales reps. After explaining all of this to me, the manager paused and asked what I thought. Turns out this was actually a job offer.

I was a bit caught off-guard since I was not expecting an offer after a 20 minute conversation. I inquired as to benefits and vacation and was informed that the position included medical with Aetna, dental/vision, pet insurance, 3 weeks vacation (10 hours accrued per month), and company holidays (10 per year).

Interview Questions

• How many cold calls were you expected to make in a day? And how many closes were you expected to make in a week?   Answer Question

While this is clearly a rapidly growing company, the entirety of their sales is based on scripted cold calling. It appears to be a fantastic place to gain experience and demonstrate quota capacities. However, at this juncture, it does not seem the most appropriate career step for my goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

My interviewer walked me around, showed me the sales floor, introduced me to who I'd be working with and asked why I felt I'd be a good fit. I am just typing this part because of the 30 word minimum to post.... short and sweet I say!

Interview Questions

• If a penguin walked into the room wearing a sombrero while holding a margarita, what would you say?   1 Answer