Yodle

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Don't even bother with this garbage company. I submitted their coding challenges, thinking I would get an expedited on-site, or at the least a technical screen.
Instead, I was talked to by a rude HR rep, who was over an hour late (with no notice) and who spoke as if she hated my guts before I even said a word.

If this is how they treat their engineers before they even take a job, I can't imagine what it's like to actually work there.

Other Interview Reviews for Yodle

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

The guy was a touch on the unprofessional side. Google the company and you will see they are a shady business.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle.

Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodle in January 2014.

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site.

Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site.

The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview.

In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yodle in October 2013.

I filled out an application online for Senior Software Engineer In Test. There was a link to try some puzzles that would get you to the top of their queue. I solved the puzzles and got an email several days later from an internal recruiter. The position that she interviewed me for turned out to be a regular Software Engineer position, not the QA position I had applied to. They said they were looking for smart programmers and did not care what languages candidates had experience in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time that you had to solve a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

Applied on yodle career website, got a call for Phone interview. Was asked basic HR questions and then a technical quiz like:
    -What is inheritance and composition in Java.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a tree.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a list.
    -Why do you like java.
    -Difference between a stack and a queue.

**I really didnt like the interview process. HR person asking yes and No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Applied online and then was contacted by recruiter. A few rounds of phone interviews, a relatively online programming test, followed by an on-site interview in New York. On-site interview consisted of obvious technical/whiteboard design questions, a simple programming test on one of their machines, lunch with two developers,. meeting their CTO.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yodle.

Solved the harder problem from their website, got a call in a couple of days
    First was a minor tech screening with their HR recruiter who was courteous and knowledgeable. Discussed about experience and some easy datastructure questions.
    Second was a phone interview with one of their engineering manager. Asked about some project experience picked from my resume. Further on a question to design a small system with OOP. Requirements were clarified beforehand. Interview was nice and simple but I think the time frame was not big enough for me to design the system. Interviewer was very patient and we had a good interaction.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodle.

Solved the harder problem on their website, and got an email back within a few days. First interview was not difficult. Asked about basic data structures and object oriented design. Second phone interview focused more on detailed object oriented design questions, and some "how would you approach this problem" type questions, and data structure questions. Received email saying they weren't interested a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yodle in March 2012.

I applied online and got my resume to the top of the stack by solving programming problems they have posted on their website.
    Interviewer called me soon after for interview.

Asked me some pretty basic stuff, but then asked me if I was "ready" to move to Manhattan. He seemed fixated on the fact that since I had never lived in the area before, that I wasn't educated enough (in terms of the area) to really move there and said I needed to do more research. He seemed to concentrate more on that than the technical questions, which were mostly easy.

Interview did not call back after that.

Interview Questions
    • Can you implement a hash map using a tree?   View Answer
    • What is the difference between the stack and the queue in terms of memory?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer strongly typed or weakly typed languages? Why?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a hash map using an array?   View Answers (2)