Yodlee

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee.

Was contacted through linkedin by one of their internal recruiters; initial phone screen was followed up by an in-person about a week later. Pretty easy interview overall in terms of technical difficulty, and the "soft" questions were pretty predictable.

One thing that struck me was the overall sense of malaise by a lot of the interviewers. Their body language and communication made it seem like they were'nt too happy to be working there which seemed like a big red flag for me. The technical talent (at least in my interviewers) also seemed to be lacking. One thing that also kind of freaked me out was the divide between the upstairs portion of the office and downstairs. Downstairs looks like a sweatshop in the middle of India, dimly lit, and kind of depressing, while the upstairs was well manicured and hosted management level people.

Director, Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee.

Applied directly on Yodlee website. Was contacted by their HR dept 1 week after application and had a pleasant conversation. A week later, had a 2nd phone screening, this time with the hiring mgr. Hiring mgr wanted samples of my work for the in-person interview. A couple of weeks later, was brought onsite for face-to-face. Interviews lasted from 1-4pm, with 6 different people. No one requested to see the writing samples, though I did incorporate them during my interview. After interview, ws told by hiring mgr that it would be several weeks before they could make a decision as they had a list of candidate. Never heard back from them which was a bit frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • You have two ropes. Each takes exactly 60 minutes to burn. They are made of different material so even though they take the same amount of time to burn, they burn at separate rates. In addition, each rope burns inconsistently. How do you measure out exactly 45 minutes?   View Answer
    • There are 12 coins, all identical in appearance, and all indentical in weight except for one, which is either heavier or lighter than the remaining 11 coins. Devise a procedure to identify the counterfeit coin in only 3 weighings with a balance.   View Answer

Product Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee in April 2014.

I applied by emailing their HR division with my resume and cover letter. They got back to me within a week, saying they sent my resume out to managers in PM and Marketing. A PM manager expressed interest and contacted me 2 weeks later. We had a phone interview, and I was notified a day later about the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the biggest challenges small businesses face in their financial management?   Answer Question

Do Not Wish to Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee in December 2012.

I was invited to interview and the process was very well run. I received a call from HR to schedule my time and I was given options of days and times. I came into interview and was greeted at the front door. All of the people I met were very welcoming and talked to me specifically about why I choose Yodlee and discussed the job I was interviewing for. I had a clear impression of the people, the culture and the responsibilities of the job. The follow up after the interview was within 48 hours. Overall the experience was well ran, the company and the people represented themselves, the company and the position very well.

It was professional and very well handled

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee in October 2012.

Email, phone screen, then interview. Very secretive on the phone giving very few workplace details. In-person interview was interesting in that they changed interviewers mid-stream so I was unprepared for them (was not able to review their linked in background). In the end neither party was interested and they never sent the flush letter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Really, they should be selling me on that!   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Yodlee.

The recruiter was supposed to call me at 2, didn't call until 215. I asked if they could wait just 1 minute, she said call back when I'm ready. I called 1 minute later, no answer, no call back. Ever.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yodlee in September 2010.

A recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager called me and asked me lot of technical questions. I did feel that the manager was trying to check the level of my knowledge. He wanted to check the upper limit of my knowledge. So he was going deeper in to all the questions till I could not answer. Overall a good method to test a candidate. Then I was called in for personal interview where the same thing happened. It was a standard process and I think all I needed was overall good Java knowledge.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated with the middle vendor. No discussion with Yodlee people

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee in July 2010.

Really expected more up front from the company for being a potential new hire. Upon finally being scheduled a day and time for a telephone interview ( minimum 5 emails back and forth ), I was looking forward to discussing the position and how my skills and experience would be a good match. 10 minutes after the scheduled call time I was contacted and immediately told the interviewer was 'Double Booked' and that he would call me back in 10 minutes. 1hr later, still no call back.

Extremely unprofessional and rude. I set aside time to take the call and prepared myself to discuss my skills and learn more about the company and how they operate. This I would say is a bad first impression.

Long story short, I will look elsewhere if a 30 minute call is so difficult.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Yodlee in May 2009.

Interview arranged by a recruiter
    - on time interviews, well scheduled
    - interviewed by mix of technical and project manager folks
    - Asking scenario based questions and questions related to past projects
    - Explain a technical problem you solved in your past job
    - algorthim for Binary search
    - Client management questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yodlee.

First round will be online test which includes aptitude,Grammar,Technical and one progamming sections. Second round will be the Gd round(around twenty members got shortlisted). Third round was technical round which includes linked linked list programs, few sql queries, few time complexity question, question from resume, questions from project, JAVA. Fourth round wasTechnical cum managerial round which includes questions on operating system. The last round was HR round.