YogaWorks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at YogaWorks

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YogaWorks.

Interview

Structured interview with well-thought out questions that are directly related to the job description. Interviewer was on time and kept the interview brief but concise. Got a call back within a very reasonable amount of time.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YogaWorks.

Interview

Took a few weeks which is understandable,once you apply online or however you fill out the application, you have phone interview with HR, then meet with your potential manager then finally upper management. The whole process for me took maybe 3 weeks because I was still working at my old job and had to find the right times that fit mine and the managers schedule to interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a $1 pay drop, but negotiated in a raise over the year and was satisfied.

Yoga Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YogaWorks (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to finish the 500hour training. Then applied for the yoga sub instructor position. There was a phone interview and then generally there is a class audition. Though I bypassed this as the interviewer had already observed my teaching from the training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach for YogaWorks? What are your strong skill sets as a teacher?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YogaWorks (Studio City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist ad and was contacted almost a month later to come in for an interview the very next day. The "interview" consisted of filling out an application along with 10-15 other people and then speaking with the manager for about 1 minute after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YogaWorks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

For the greeter position, expect the assistant manager and the manger to interview you. Standard employment questions. The hiring process is pretty straight forward. They like you, they hire you. If not, well, at least you had an interview. Due to the high turnover of managers and staff, you'll always have the opportunity to meet new people!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. It's pretty much "Can you hold a tag and check people in? Good!"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation and your rate never changes. There are sporadic pooling bonuses if your studio reaches retail goal. But, your flat rate never changes unless you get promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YogaWorks (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) Assistant manager interview in person
    3) Manager interview
    4) Sometimes Regional Manager interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in South Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YogaWorks (South Pasadena, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Called in through email, interview was pretty laid back. Simple questions asking about my work experience and if I enjoy practicing yoga. Everyone was really nice from the moment i walked in.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty easy. Self explanatory, especially if you are interviewing for a greeter position.   1 Answer