Yokogawa Electric Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Newnan, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with two individuals and spoke about the company and there expectations for an individual applying for the job. Then toured the factory and returned to ask questions about my interest on the job and my reason for becoming an engineer. Past all of this they went into my school history and why I was involved with certain things throughout school.

Interview Questions

• What is ISO and what does it have to do with production?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Personal interview with department manager, no review of resume due to personal recommendation. The process was simple and without incident but I was wary of how easy it was to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, was not offered negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

they are very friendly and ask me about my resume, projects i done. The difficult situation which i was handled during my carrer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone screen and face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yokogawa doesn't really negotiate...they make you an offer and its either good enough for you or it isn't.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview went normal. HR and HM interviewing at the same time. They emphasized no academic engineering principles teach their stuffs so they consider recent grad or entry levels, but still they try to find someone "more in lines". It won't waste time if prior specified.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Newnan, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Felt like the hiring manager gave me a courtesy interview. Even though I made it clear that I didn't have a strong background in the field of the position she asked me to come in for an interview anyway. When I got there she stressed how important it was for this person to have a strong background in that particular area because she would not have time to train. I felt that she could have told me that over the phone and no one's time would have been wasted.

Senior Proposals Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

My initial interview was with the recruiter, who screened me for the subsequent interviews. The second interview was the one that got me hired. I interviewed with Proposals Manager XuHong Ding and the director of the local operation (forget his name).

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest problem, in terms of the proposals process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; I was glad to get a job with benefits!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of totally 4 rounds. Three technical and final HR. The first round of technical is written test. The questions were from basics of transducers and process control. The second round is a technical interview round where there were bulk eliminations. The questions were simple but you should be strong enough in basics to answer them. The third round is again technical with simple questions. They expect good communication in this round.There were also eliminations in this round. I'm waiting for the HR rounds at bengaluru head office expecting it to be easy.

Interview Questions

• What is the basic principle of pressure gauge. Why do we go for 4-20 mA instead of 0-max. Characteristics of valves. These are some of the interview questions that I was asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric.

Interview

I went for the interview as a fresh graduate. For me, there was a total of 2 interviews. The first was a technical interview, as the company developed software mainly in C# or C++, the programming questions were asked to answer either in one of the languages or if u know both, you can write in both languages. The programming questions were to test the understanding of Object Oriented Concept and certain programming proficiency. For me, i was tasked to write a class to implement an real-world object and its associated behaviors. (Heard from my colleague who entered later than me say the programming questions are now done on laptop, previously we had to write it on paper). After completion of the programming questions, an architect will be present to review the codes and ask questions pertaining to what you have written. If you are applying for Senior Software Developer, i think you are required to model the problem with UML diagram as well. The second interview was done with a HR and 1 management to know more about you and see how you can fit into the company. They will ask you how much you know about the company and what it does (Industry Automation) and at the same time, explain the culture of the company and also the job description. This is also the time where you can ask them about the company as well.

Negotiation

Mine was through an agent so there wasn't much negotiation, and what i learn later from my other colleagues who went in the same time as me was that they got the job through an agent as well

Training Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manama (Bahrain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yokogawa Electric (Manama (Bahrain)) in August 2013.

Interview

You get a call from the company telling you about the time of the interview and test. In the interview they ask you about basics of control and instrumentation in addition to some questions about transducer, senors, op amps and logic gates. The test consists of three parts 1- English grammar and comprehension. 2- IQ questions. 3- Instrumentation and electrical questions.