York St John University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Temporary English Language Tutor Interview

Temporary English Language Tutor
York, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at York St John University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I sent in my CV on spec and received an email invitation to interview. The interviewer skyped me at the arranged time. There was one interview with fairly standard questions for an EFL job. I was offered the job verbally at the end of the interview. This was followed up with a written offer via email and then a written contract via email and post. The interviewer was professional and fair at all times and gave a clear outline of the duties and conditions.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your experience.   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses as a teacher?   Answer Question
  • If I was to look through the classroom window, while you were teaching, what would I see going on in your classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as the salary was set for temporary posts.

Worked for York St John University? Contribute to the Community!