York University Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

There was no interview process. The position came as part of graduate funding I received as a new graduate student. I believe that is the only way you get hired as a Teaching Assistant.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, since no interview. I was just asked whether I will be comfortable teaching Math courses to undergraduate students   Answer Question

Telephone Interviewer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at York University.

Had to call a number, leave a message answering a few questions that had been outlined in the answering machine message. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. I was asked simple interview questions like how would you handle a difficult call. I had a lot of experience doing over the phone jobs so the questions were very easy to answer. After I answered the questions I was asked to go into the lab and read out a paragraph and few questions while the interviewer listened in. We then went back to the office and she gave me an offer of employment. I was given the training days/times and my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions regarding difficult phone situations, how to calm people down over the phone.   View Answer
    I was not able to start on the start date due to a prior commitment so they allowed me to start two weeks later.

Consultant Interview

Phone Interview to confirm what is on Resume, ask a few more questions, determine salary requirements.
    Rest of Interview is scenario based and includes question on Diversity.
    Panel interview.
    Set questions.
    Points based.
    There are some great people at York, and if you are enthusiastic about being part of a challenging role then this is the place for you.

Interview Questions
    • Salary Requirements. Hard to answer without knowing caseload or team make-up.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate.

SOS Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at York University.

After applying by a week I got a response asking me for an interview. Once there, they grouped me with other applicants, gave us a list of other possible applicants and asked us to number them as they watched and saw us perform and convince one another.
    Then there was a station where we had to give a small presentation, a station giving us possible scenarios, a station to talk about yourself and a station to see how committed/devoted to the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the academic orientation, what you liked/did not like   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

telephone interview

Student Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at York University in September 2013.

very easy, relaxes, it was very very quick and did not really get asked a lot of question. questions were fairly genral easy alomost like they had made up their minds already to hire me. so it was smooth.

Compute Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at York University.

there were 3 interviewers. They were nice and professional. One HR, one my future supervisor, one professor. Questions were all about the job and my experience.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at York University in January 2013.

I was very pleased with the interview process at York. The committee were friendly and welcoming to visitors. I ended up getting an offer the same day! Great place so far.

reasonable and fair

Work/Study - Marketing & Web Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at York University in October 2012.

Got an invitation for an interview through email; had one interview with my future boss - discussed my resume and the job requirements in detail. There were probably a couple of people considered for this position; however, I had prior marketing experience plus I was a marketing student which worked to my advantage (since it was a work/study position). Overall, pretty easy interview.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at York University.

Via personal connections. I do not know what the regular process is, but I assume you need to submit your CV and your published work and have a conversation with the person hiring you

Worked for York University? Contribute to the Community!