York University Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

19 interviews

2.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Telephone Interviewer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at York University.

Had to call a number, leave a message answering a few questions that had been outlined in the answering machine message. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. I was asked simple interview questions like how would you handle a difficult call. I had a lot of experience doing over the phone jobs so the questions were very easy to answer. After I answered the questions I was asked to go into the lab and read out a paragraph and few questions while the interviewer listened in. We then went back to the office and she gave me an offer of employment. I was given the training days/times and my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions regarding difficult phone situations, how to calm people down over the phone.   View Answer
    I was not able to start on the start date due to a prior commitment so they allowed me to start two weeks later.

Consultant Interview

Phone Interview to confirm what is on Resume, ask a few more questions, determine salary requirements.
    Rest of Interview is scenario based and includes question on Diversity.
    Panel interview.
    Set questions.
    Points based.
    There are some great people at York, and if you are enthusiastic about being part of a challenging role then this is the place for you.

Interview Questions
    • Salary Requirements. Hard to answer without knowing caseload or team make-up.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate.

Course Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at York University in May 2012.

A very professional workplace that aligns with the reputation of the school for attracting the brightest undergrad and MBA students. Interviews explore your ability to connect with students and faculty, both from an academic and real world perspective.

Interview Questions
    • How would keep 55 19 year olds engaged in a classroom for 3 hours?   Answer Question
    None, standard agreement

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at York University in June 2012.

You have to write a good letter explaining why you would want to pursue graduate studies and in what fields and describing your interest in the field.
    You have to have at least 75 % average just to be considered since it is really competitive to get in and depending on your major.
    You will get a TA work there as a graduate student as well.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about your studies might be asked.   Answer Question

Student Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at York University in September 2013.

very easy, relaxes, it was very very quick and did not really get asked a lot of question. questions were fairly genral easy alomost like they had made up their minds already to hire me. so it was smooth.

SOS Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at York University.

After applying by a week I got a response asking me for an interview. Once there, they grouped me with other applicants, gave us a list of other possible applicants and asked us to number them as they watched and saw us perform and convince one another.
    Then there was a station where we had to give a small presentation, a station giving us possible scenarios, a station to talk about yourself and a station to see how committed/devoted to the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the academic orientation, what you liked/did not like   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

telephone interview

Work/Study - Marketing & Web Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at York University in October 2012.

Got an invitation for an interview through email; had one interview with my future boss - discussed my resume and the job requirements in detail. There were probably a couple of people considered for this position; however, I had prior marketing experience plus I was a marketing student which worked to my advantage (since it was a work/study position). Overall, pretty easy interview.

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at York University in March 2010.

Required IELTS more than 7.0 for an international students
    at;east minimum GPA >3.0 on the scale of 4.0

Interview Questions
    • How do you use GPS data into weather forecasting model   View Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at York University in April 2011.

Initial contact with prof via email, than vigorous interview with regards to theory of LOPAP

Interview Questions
    Set contract for 4 months non negotiable.

Worked for York University? Contribute to the Community!