Yorkshire Building Society

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Mortgage Consultant Interview

Mobile Mortgage Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society.

Interview Details – Online application, online aptitude test, telephone interview, face to face competency interview.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, usual competency based questions. A lot of info is on the web for ybs interviews.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in February 2009.

Interview Details – I initially saw the role advertised through an agency. They gave me the details and quickly decided to put me forward. The interview was booked quickly and the manager was happy to see me after hours. My first interview was around 2 hours long but really informative, it wasn't all about me, i gained a lot of information about the business and what its future plans were. I was keen to come back in as I thought this sounded like just to right place for me. I heard back to next day and a second interview was arranged.
I met the GM and other members of the team and I had another interview for an hour and a half. I really felt that they were keen to make the right decision and this gave me confidence that if I was offered the role they did feel I was right for them. Throughout this process I was kept informed and when offered the job I had no reservations in accepting.
All the people I met were so welcoming and friendly from reception through to the other department members.

Interview Question – As this was a step up in my career I did get some questions which were theoretical rather than competency based. Not difficul per se but they did make me think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Clear and simple, i had all the information I needed to make a decision.

Graduate Trainee Accountant Interview

Graduate Trainee Accountant
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in January 2013.

Interview Details – Assessment session was an afternoon long process split into:
60 minutes: getting to know the group
45 minutes: group exercise with the other candidates
45 minutes: personal interview
30 minutes: individual prioritisation exercise

Interview Question – The prioritisation exercise can be a little tricky. Make sure to explain your reasoning and means of communication thoroughly, rather than worry about whether the work is correctly prioritised.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary is only £18,500 with progression to £29,000 upon completion of CIMA (roughly 3 years). This is well below the UK market rate.

Worked for Yorkshire Building Society? Contribute to the Community!