Yota Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yota (Saint Petersburg (Russia)).

Interview

Quick interview with Manager and then a few Software Engineers. I liked a bit "startup-ish" culture and overall company look. Interviewers seemed to be overall friendly and polite. Interview went well and I was invited to join the team. I was impressed by the speed of making decisions - my future manager asked me to join the team on the next day.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that I remember was to solve a problem related to probability theory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

General advise is to be honest and not underestimate yourself. Don't be too greedy as well.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yota (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter very professional, briefed over Skype before all interviews, interviews themselves by recruiting managers rather traditional and somewhat superficial, not going into great depth you really test your knowledge/experience as you would expect. Thereafter long silence, no feedback on progress despite continuously pushing and ultimately negative decision without any explanation. So downward sliding quality during the process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yota (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in February 2011.

Interview

I was hired in one day. Literally. I visited their office and got an offer on that day. I had an interview with two software engineers - they mostly tested my C++ knowledge, manager interview and interview with HR.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yota (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in December 2010.

Interview

5 interviews starting with the direct manager all the way up to the CEO. Very well organized, different in duration. There are no bullish** questions like Google does, but be prepared for putting together a business case.

Interview Questions

• The business case was a good one, since this was a project management position, it was quite awkward though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary discussion is usually the most difficult one, but you get not what you deserve, but what you negotiated for.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yota (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2010.

Interview

I had 7 interviews to this position up to GM

Lead Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yota (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in August 2009.

Interview

Hiring process split into 4 parts: 1. Interview with HR manager. Short interview which show HR who is job seeker. 2. Interview with Tech specialists/Leads. Long interview where you asked about your jobs, tasks, problems and how you solve your tasks and issues. 3. Interview with HR + Someone from Top-management. Just shows do you liked by Top or not. If it's ok. 4. Interview with other Top-manager. Same as previous. It it's ok - you will get job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your 5 greatest achievements? What's ?our 5 worst achievements?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yota (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, i had 1 phone interview, 1:1 interview with HR, 1:1 interview with my potential manager. in a week i got an offer.