Young & Rubicam Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

I applied online and was selected to come in for interviews. After scheduling me to meet with two AE's who I would potentially be supporting, I sat in a conference room and waited for what seemed like an eternity. When I finally did meet the first person, they rushed through the interview. The AE had not looked at my resume, seemed bored and inconvenienced. The second AE never interviewed me in person as she was busy. Then why did I come in for an interview? An all around waste of time and bad experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Young & Rubicam

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in March 2010.

Very seamless. It's all based on current availability and fit.
    My friend shared my resume with HR, she followed up with the HR manager a week later.
    HR contacted me over the phone then invited me interview with her and the Account Managing Director of one of the accounts. Interviews went well and was asked to return two days later to meet with two Account Director of the same team.
    A week later I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was my favorite campaign from Cannes Lions?   View Answer
    Salary non-negotiable.

Very analytical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in January 2010.

- extremely conversational
    - a lot of questions about my personality and expectations
    - informational
    - less about what I've done and more about what I can do

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. My advice: be aggressive when considering an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in October 2009.

I interview with several different people at Y&R in the NYC office. I was told that I had a great resume and that they would want to hire me. WPP is on a hiring freeze and they were not allowed to hire. I was told to email me resume and they would email me back to set up another interview. After several emails and phone calls I never heard back.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I had a single interview during which I was asked to walk through my resume, explain why my personality and character traits made me well qualified for the job, etc. It was about thirty minutes long, not particularly stressful, and I was offered the position before leaving the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Again, the interview was pretty standard. No surprise questions to try to trick me.   Answer Question

Worked for Young & Rubicam? Contribute to the Community!