Young & Rubicam

Very Easy Interview

Associate Creative Director Interview

Associate Creative Director
San Juan, PR

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in May 2011.

Interview Details – As I was scouted and brought in by the VP Creative Director herself, so my interview process was unusually fast and easy. I met with the VP Creative Director, and then interviewed with the General Manager. In less than a week, a secured a job at Y&R. The process was smooth and all the people involved were very courteous and professional.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was trying to secure my salary, as I was coming from a well paid position, and this agency couldn't meet my salary needs. However, upon making an offer on what they could pay, the General Manager did honor my experience and background and agreed to a higher salary. I was very grateful for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I was scouted and brought in by the VP Creative Director herself, so my interview process was unusually fast and easy. I met with the VP Creative Director, and then interviewed with the General Manager. In less than a week, a secured a job at Y&R. The process was smooth and all the people involved were very courteous and professional.

Assistant Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview Details – I applied online and was selected to come in for interviews. After scheduling me to meet with two AE's who I would potentially be supporting, I sat in a conference room and waited for what seemed like an eternity. When I finally did meet the first person, they rushed through the interview. The AE had not looked at my resume, seemed bored and inconvenienced. The second AE never interviewed me in person as she was busy. Then why did I come in for an interview? An all around waste of time and bad experience.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call from headhunter, then phone call with Staffing head later a face 2 face with Globa head of HR

Interview Question – Interview was very much like a conversation. Very pleasant and open about the job.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President, Group Account Director Interview

Senior Vice President, Group Account Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in May 2012.

Interview Details – Haphazard with two old crusty-types who used to "work in the business" during the Reagan administration playing gatekeeper. If you want to see what the eighties were like this is the interview process for you.

Interview Question – Can't think of any. It comes down to if they like you or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward--had some help from a client to get me in there.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very seamless. It's all based on current availability and fit.
My friend shared my resume with HR, she followed up with the HR manager a week later.
HR contacted me over the phone then invited me interview with her and the Account Managing Director of one of the accounts. Interviews went well and was asked to return two days later to meet with two Account Director of the same team.
A week later I received the job.

Interview Question – What was my favorite campaign from Cannes Lions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary non-negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in August 2012.

Interview Details – Resume and cover letter emailed to hiring manager. Interview was set up and that's it. The interview was basically a quick meeting.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview Details – I worked as a freelancer before they hired me. The interview process was more cursory because I had already shown them what I could do. The interviews were scheduled with the Executive Creative Director and the ACDs, both writer side and art director side. They looked at my portfolio as well.

Interview Question – Which is the portfolio piece that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Producer

Interviewed at Young & Rubicam

Interview Details – standard drill. portfolio required. experience.

Interview Question – what's your career's DNA ?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Young & Rubicam

Interview Details – Very analytical questions

Interview Question – Describe a company' ad you believe does a great job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Young & Rubicam in August 2011.

Interview Details – A series of questions. Followed by a series of answers. Then a farewell.

Interview Question – What is your favorite color?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Young & Rubicam

Worked for Young & Rubicam? Contribute to the Community!

Young & Rubicam Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Young & Rubicam interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Young & Rubicam employees and interview candidates.