Young & Rubicam Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.4

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

The process was very long and had 3 rounds of interviews. There was little consideration for my current employer, but I did what I had to do to get the job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (San Juan, PR) in June 2015.

Interview

A friend sent in my resume and they called me when a position was available. The interviewer asked me to tell her about myself and then proceeded to explain in detail the position I was applying for, daily tasks and details about the account and client. She explained the different benefits that the company offers and specified that they were looking for someone open to work long hours. Overall, she was extremely nice and it was a very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask much questions, as soon as she sat her first comment was tell me about yourself, and left the floor open to me, which was pretty nerving but the conversation flowed very well.   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

My interview was mainly behavioral questions. Be prepared to describe projects that you succeeded in as well as the ones you failed in. I interviewed with 3 people in total and most of the questions were marketing focused. Come with lots of questions to show your enthusiasm!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiters visited campus through an advertising organization on campus. I met with two HR representatives and from there applied to an internship position. After that we set up an interview for two weeks later before the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Tell us where you see yourself fitting in from an account management standpoint?   Answer Question

Brand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

I applied for the job via a connection I had (lucky me) and had 2 in person interviews followed by one phone interview. All were pretty standard, just covering off on past experience and felt more like a personality check than anything else. They were hiring for a new account so there wasn't much to speak of as far as work.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you want to be a planner?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was actually surprised by the offer I received, because they came in higher than I had initially expected. We didn't negotiate because I'm a big chicken, and I accepted the offer outright.

Intern Interview

Interview

Great company, the interviewer was very cleaver. I would recommend young people looking to get into marketing to work at y&r. They are on the cusp of great innovations and ahead of the rest of the market.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

The interview process was average. I met with one employer at the company and after a satisfactory interview with them, I was called back the next day to meet with another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table to help raise productivity in my department.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to come in for interviews. After scheduling me to meet with two AE's who I would potentially be supporting, I sat in a conference room and waited for what seemed like an eternity. When I finally did meet the first person, they rushed through the interview. The AE had not looked at my resume, seemed bored and inconvenienced. The second AE never interviewed me in person as she was busy. Then why did I come in for an interview? An all around waste of time and bad experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to the head of the internship program. As a result I received the complete application and instructions about the cover letter and essay required. After submitting and waiting a few weeks I was brought in for an interview. The interview went well and wasn't overly challenging and I felt good about it. Unfortunately, I didn't get the internship in the end but was happy with the process and the opportunity to learn more about this company.

Interview Questions

• If you could create a product what would it be and how would you advertise it?   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam in March 2014.

Interview

Came into the office and spoke with people in HR and on prospective team. Two people in HR asked relatively general questions on resume, while prospective team members asked strategy-specific questions. Received informal offer on way out of office. Followed up with HR and submitted formal application for internship, then received offer letter. Signed and started a month afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate but was unsuccessful.