Young & Rubicam Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.5

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

My interview was mainly behavioral questions. Be prepared to describe projects that you succeeded in as well as the ones you failed in. I interviewed with 3 people in total and most of the questions were marketing focused. Come with lots of questions to show your enthusiasm!

Brand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

I applied for the job via a connection I had (lucky me) and had 2 in person interviews followed by one phone interview. All were pretty standard, just covering off on past experience and felt more like a personality check than anything else. They were hiring for a new account so there wasn't much to speak of as far as work.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you want to be a planner?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was actually surprised by the offer I received, because they came in higher than I had initially expected. We didn't negotiate because I'm a big chicken, and I accepted the offer outright.

Intern Interview

Interview

Great company, the interviewer was very cleaver. I would recommend young people looking to get into marketing to work at y&r. They are on the cusp of great innovations and ahead of the rest of the market.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

The interview process was average. I met with one employer at the company and after a satisfactory interview with them, I was called back the next day to meet with another supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table to help raise productivity in my department.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to come in for interviews. After scheduling me to meet with two AE's who I would potentially be supporting, I sat in a conference room and waited for what seemed like an eternity. When I finally did meet the first person, they rushed through the interview. The AE had not looked at my resume, seemed bored and inconvenienced. The second AE never interviewed me in person as she was busy. Then why did I come in for an interview? An all around waste of time and bad experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to the head of the internship program. As a result I received the complete application and instructions about the cover letter and essay required. After submitting and waiting a few weeks I was brought in for an interview. The interview went well and wasn't overly challenging and I felt good about it. Unfortunately, I didn't get the internship in the end but was happy with the process and the opportunity to learn more about this company.

Interview Questions

• If you could create a product what would it be and how would you advertise it?   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Young & Rubicam in March 2014.

Interview

Came into the office and spoke with people in HR and on prospective team. Two people in HR asked relatively general questions on resume, while prospective team members asked strategy-specific questions. Received informal offer on way out of office. Followed up with HR and submitted formal application for internship, then received offer letter. Signed and started a month afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate but was unsuccessful.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had to first interview through my university advertising program to be recommended by a professor. Once I interviewed and was recommended I interviewed in New York at Y&R with Dot. She was very sweet and the interview was short and casual. Made the mistake of calling her ma'am but still got the job.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Young & Rubicam (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone call from headhunter, then phone call with Staffing head later a face 2 face with Globa head of HR

Interview Questions

• Interview was very much like a conversation. Very pleasant and open about the job.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Young & Rubicam (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I worked as a freelancer before they hired me. The interview process was more cursory because I had already shown them what I could do. The interviews were scheduled with the Executive Creative Director and the ACDs, both writer side and art director side. They looked at my portfolio as well.

Interview Questions

• Which is the portfolio piece that you're most proud of?   Answer Question