Young's Market Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.5

Chain Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Only had one phone interview and a one on one with HR and my sales manager, very easy questions, didn't try to stump you just wanted to get to know you. I was very nervous this being my first big boy job net review, but they knew how to make you feel right at home. I Got a grate vibe from them and went with YMCo even though I got an off from SWS as well.

Not negotiable

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Initially interviewed with HR then management (1st position). Promotion/new position was one interview (2nd position)

None

Sales Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

First interview was a typical interview, STAR situations.
    Was called back for a 2nd interview, where it was more informal and talked about why you want the internship, what you hope to get out of it, and why should the company hire you.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Young's Market.

phone screening: required knowledge of pivot tables with an emphasis on vlookup formulas

Choose Not to Disclose Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Young's Market.

Im very disappointed with the communication of this company. I sent my application online.. and received a call back weeks later on a friday night (odd). My interview was with two people whom seemed very cold and uninterested in interviewing me or possibly anyone? Plus they gave me a project to do in one day... I submitted in in a timely manner. And have NEVER heard back. Seriously, its been a week and not a response to email, nothing. Why give me the project if you have no interest in me? Also, neither interviewer could give me specs on benefits or salary range. So essentially, I interviewed blindly on a this job, did a project as requested, and nothing at all from them. Kind of sad between two managers and a recruiter that the communication is so poor. It would be nice to know that they at least reviewed my files.. or have selected someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? ...this question is still asked? None of the questions asked were original and all of them seemed to have been downloaded from the internet.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Young's Market in February 2013.

the interviewer showed up late and unprepared. He kept looking at his notes like he never had interviewed anyone before. There was a lack of professionalism from the beginning. He had a very friendly disposition. Some of his questions were average and overall he painted the company as a whole in good light. He however revealed too much information about his department and his distaste for it.

Interview Questions
    • I do I feel about working for someone who knows less than I do ?   View Answer

Express Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Young's Market in November 2012.

Hiring process took a long time but was standard for a union job. Got called by a recruiter and did a brief phone interview. Got the call a month later to do an in-person interview with the store manager and an HR person. Interview was kind of difficult for basically a cashier/stocker position, so was kind of caught off-guard. Didn't get a job offer and was notified by email.

Chain Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Initially submitted application through CareerBuilder. Heard from within a few days. Had an interview within one day of phone screen. Had to make an overwhelming amount of feedback to prove I "wanted" the job. However, the approaching holiday season busies everyone in this industry and it's difficult to truly get anyone free time. Most likely would have been hired sooner if I applied earlier. Overall: accepted offer after one month of waiting...

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base salary, car allowance, at the time cell phone allowance, and an outline of benefits, etc.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Young's Market in May 2012.

Low key, nice offices, good interview environment
    They asked good questions and listened to the answers
    Answered questions that I had
    They explained what the job would be like without sugar-coating or exaggerating the difficulties
    Wanted industry experience; not a lot of that around locally; seemed to think that the job wasn't doable without it.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the beverage distribution industry?   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Young's Market in April 2012.

I applied for the job online after seeing it on indeed. Over a month later I was contacted by a recruiter and completed a phone screening. Then I was interviewed in their corporate office. My first interview was with the HR person and the second interview was with the hiring manager. After the interview I sent a thank you e-mail to the interviewers. A month later I got a rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, describe your background and experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Young's Market? Contribute to the Community!