Young's Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with HR then management (1st position). Promotion/new position was one interview (2nd position)

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Analyst Intern Interview

Sales Analyst Intern
Tustin, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Interview Details – First interview was a typical interview, STAR situations.
Was called back for a 2nd interview, where it was more informal and talked about why you want the internship, what you hope to get out of it, and why should the company hire you.

Interview Question – Anticipated every question   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Orange, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Young's Market.

Interview Details – phone screening: required knowledge of pivot tables with an emphasis on vlookup formulas

Interview Question – explain your skills with excel   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Young's Market in October 2009.

Interview Details – In 2000, I posted my resume on the Monster job board and within a day I was contacted by a head hunter who sent me on a few interviews (this was during the dot com boom when things were popping in SF). One of the interview was Young's Market's The Estates Group office on Cesar Chavez Blvd. in San Francisco. I met with their Sales Services representative for about 15 minutes who asked me about my background and got a feel for my personality, then I met with the VP of Sales who would be my boss for another 15-20 minutes. After that interview, they offered me the job on the spot and I accepted on the spot. Then I just had to pass a drug test and the job was mine.

Interview Question – Honestly the interview was pretty easy. I think they were desperate for a good candidate and I was young and eager, and accepted their lowball offer on the spot - so there you go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was really young at the time and didn't understand that I could negotiate, so I didn't even though I should have.

Choose Not to Disclose Interview

Choose Not to Disclose

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Young's Market.

Interview Details – Im very disappointed with the communication of this company. I sent my application online.. and received a call back weeks later on a friday night (odd). My interview was with two people whom seemed very cold and uninterested in interviewing me or possibly anyone? Plus they gave me a project to do in one day... I submitted in in a timely manner. And have NEVER heard back. Seriously, its been a week and not a response to email, nothing. Why give me the project if you have no interest in me? Also, neither interviewer could give me specs on benefits or salary range. So essentially, I interviewed blindly on a this job, did a project as requested, and nothing at all from them. Kind of sad between two managers and a recruiter that the communication is so poor. It would be nice to know that they at least reviewed my files.. or have selected someone else.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? ...this question is still asked? None of the questions asked were original and all of them seemed to have been downloaded from the internet.   Answer Question

Express Store Clerk Interview

Express Store Clerk
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Young's Market in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took a long time but was standard for a union job. Got called by a recruiter and did a brief phone interview. Got the call a month later to do an in-person interview with the store manager and an HR person. Interview was kind of difficult for basically a cashier/stocker position, so was kind of caught off-guard. Didn't get a job offer and was notified by email.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Young's Market in February 2013.

Interview Details – the interviewer showed up late and unprepared. He kept looking at his notes like he never had interviewed anyone before. There was a lack of professionalism from the beginning. He had a very friendly disposition. Some of his questions were average and overall he painted the company as a whole in good light. He however revealed too much information about his department and his distaste for it.

Interview Question – I do I feel about working for someone who knows less than I do ?   View Answer

Chain Sales Representative Interview

Chain Sales Representative
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Young's Market.

Interview Details – Initially submitted application through CareerBuilder. Heard from within a few days. Had an interview within one day of phone screen. Had to make an overwhelming amount of feedback to prove I "wanted" the job. However, the approaching holiday season busies everyone in this industry and it's difficult to truly get anyone free time. Most likely would have been hired sooner if I applied earlier. Overall: accepted offer after one month of waiting...

Interview Question – "Why Wine and Spirits?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base salary, car allowance, at the time cell phone allowance, and an outline of benefits, etc.

Workers Compensation Claims Manager Interview

Workers Compensation Claims Manager
Tustin, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Young's Market in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online after seeing it on indeed. Over a month later I was contacted by a recruiter and completed a phone screening. Then I was interviewed in their corporate office. My first interview was with the HR person and the second interview was with the hiring manager. After the interview I sent a thank you e-mail to the interviewers. A month later I got a rejection e-mail.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, describe your background and experience.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Tustin, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Young's Market in May 2012.

Interview Details – Low key, nice offices, good interview environment
They asked good questions and listened to the answers
Answered questions that I had
They explained what the job would be like without sugar-coating or exaggerating the difficulties
Wanted industry experience; not a lot of that around locally; seemed to think that the job wasn't doable without it.

Interview Question – What do you know about the beverage distribution industry?   Answer Question

Worked for Young's Market? Contribute to the Community!