Younkers

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

1.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Younkers.

She asked me typical interview questions, Tell me about a time when..... How would people describe you. Hours available , she was a very nice lady, we got along well.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you have such a big gap between your two jobs?   View Answer
    Starting pay is $8

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

They were very nice and inviting. They made me feel like they were excited I was there. I felt comfortable and I didn't feel like they were trying to intimidate me in any way.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one, they told me what I was going to make and I didn't question it.

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Younkers in November 2014.

Applied online. I received a call about three days later. I went into the interview. I got an email on the way to my car offering the job. HR Manager was really nice

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Younkers.

HR Manager was super nice. She asked pretty simple questions- Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, name a time where you went above and beyond to do a task. Just be yourself!

Definitely go for it! Got a call back within the same day.

Area Sales Manager Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Younkers.

Interviewed with the store manager. She was late for interview, and her office was totally disorganized. Having a college education and over 15 years retail experience I was asked questions that would be expected to ask a high school student getting their first job. I felt the manager was intimidated with my sales knowledge and knew I would not get an offer.

Receiving/Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Younkers in November 2013.

I applied to the Receiving/Stock associate job, I got a call the next day for an interview. I went in the day after that, somewhat prepared for the basic questions. When I got to the interview she started to show me around and what they did there. Which took about half an hour. Then when she was done she asked me if that was something that I was interested in. I was so surprised that she didn't ask me any interview questions, just showed me around and offered me a job.

The job was only one day a week. I was expecting part time but was hoping for more hours than that. Plus it was only minimum wage and I have a summer job that pays more than that. I was just hoping to get a non-seasonal job but not with those hours and that pay.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Younkers in August 2013.

This was a pretty basic interview. Tell me about yourself, why would you be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

I was offered another position elsewehere.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Younkers in July 2013.

I got the call from the hr manager asking me to come in for an interview. Once the interview with the store manager was done, I got to talk to the manager that would be directly above me. They both approved of me, and I was hired on the spot. Started training the next week.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know what I would do if I believed a coworker was stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Younkers.

The hiring process was really easy. I applied online, not thinking I would get the job, then they called me out of the blue the next day for an interview. I was interviewed by two different people and was hired on the spot. Super chill and easy-going people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Younkers in November 2012.

Pretty basic. Applied online. Saw it posted on a local job site. Didn't know a soul so it was a little scary. Got called for an interview. It was pretty short. Then got called back to see if I wanted to start and was added to schedule fairly quickly. They asked me why I wanted to work for Younkers.

Interview Questions
    • It was something like what was a situation at your last job that was hard for you to handle?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation they just told me what i would be getting paid.