Youth Villages Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.7

Teacher Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

face to face 30 minute interview. then a quick tour of facility and 1 hour sit in with other employees. Face to face with the manager that will be over you and your location. A quick review of the rules and youth.

Interview Questions

• what makes you the right person to work for youth villages?   Answer Question

Teacher Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Bartlett, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

You go through two interviews. The first is an overview of what you will "supposedly" be doing. The second interview is an observation of the facility, specifically the girls or boys you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Are you comfortable restraining children? Name a time you had to do etc...? Have you ever worked in this environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Teacher counselor pays 11.50 an hour

Behavior Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online three weeks before an initial phone contact. The recruiter called me and explained the low salary wage. She stated that employees for this particular position had to work one weekend day of 16hrs( Saturday or Sunday 6am-10pm). She scheduled a phone interview about my work experiences, interest in the job, and my ability to perform the job.

Night Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted via email for a phone interview by a recruiter. Spoke for about 40 minutes, the job was outlined and pay and schedule were touch on. then the interviewer opened it up to any questions I had.. very relaxed and easy, recruiter was open and honest. I declined to move further as the job didn't completely match up to my career goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a resident that is upset and disturbing other residents while they sleep?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted within 24 hrs by a recruiter I then had an interview with a supervisor by phone and then flew from out of state for the face to face interview with 3 management personnel the process took 2 weeks from start to finish. They started off the last interview saying they wanted someone with a masters which isn't in the description nor was it said in the first 2 interviews. This was especially irritating since I paid for the last minute flight assuming things were going well and I actually was qualified. Note: I have a bachelors in psychology and a year and a half of case management experience for a non profit.

Interview Questions

• 3 scenario questions in each interview. One example: there is a 5 yr old who is ok at school but at home is aggressive the mom is not present at sessions what do you do?   1 Answer

Behavioral Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with a HR person in the mid-west. We talked about the specific position and benefits, schedule and salary. Unfortunately this position only paid $11.50/hour, which would be extremely tight, if at all possible, in the Portland area. She gave me a few days to think about it after the interview to decide if I wanted to move forward. I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable intervening physically with a child if needed and after completing training?   1 Answer

Behavioral Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Douglasville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview proceeds was very easy. They just ask a lot of scenario questions. Just be sure of what you're saying. Don't sound as though you're asking or waiting for the interviewer to assure you that your answer is correct. Is very relaxed, felt more like a conversation on all interviews than interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you had to facilitate a group with boys who's ages range from 12-18 what would be the name of the group and what would the topic be?   Answer Question

Teacher/Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Youth Villages after submitting an application. The process began with an online interactive seminar followed by a Q and A opportunity for more information. I was later email an invitation to an 'Open House' to a group home where I was to observe the staff and interact with the clients who lived there. After the session was over, an additional interview was supposed to have been conducted but the person who was to do the interview was needed to transport a child and no one else was available. I attempted to reschedule at a later date and was unsuccessful as my calls were not returned. I later recieved an email that said the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what type of activities would I be able to conduct with the girls in the unit.   1 Answer
    • My interaction was in the course of the observation in which a child was screaming and biting herself repeatedly. I was asked if I would be able to deal with this type of behavior.   1 Answer

Bilingual Family Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Douglas, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was in-person at GA location. Interview consisted of lots of "describe a situation where you were..." , questions about your personal style and scenario questions. A LOT of scenario questions. They gave you a scenario and asked open-ended questions about what you would do, what approach you would take, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where someone gave you feedback that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Family Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

Initial phone interview about 30 minutes long. Asked about relevant job experience and education. The woman was friendly, however they were upfront about the low pay and long work hours associates with the position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge at work   Answer Question