Youth Villages

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.7

Residential Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages.

I was called about 2 days after I applied online by a woman in the Tennessee area.She gave me a few options as to what job I was interested since I applied for more than one. She asked me basic questions about my experience and then gave me a scenario to answer. The scenario was about conflict and she wanted to know how I would have handled it.

She then stated the hours and salary. Afterwards she stated I may get a call back within 7 days once she sends over my info to the hiring manager for the position. I got a call back a few days later from the hiring manager. That was last week. Today I will be interviewing over the phone.

Behavioral Youth Counselor (Teacher Counselor) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages.

Several days after applying online, I received a short phone interview. It was very relaxed and simple questions such as any experience I had in the field, etc. Afterwards I was asked when I would be available for a face to face interview.

1 week later I met with my interviewer. I showed up 15 minutes early, yet my interviewer was roughly 15 minutes late. He was very casually dressed, and the interview was not at all what I expected. The whole experience was very unprofessional, as he would constantly look at his phone or mess with his computer, showing little interest.

After the interview I set up a date less than a week later for an orientation (walk about) at the group home I would be working at. Over all the experience went well.

The final step was a second interview, where I was asked more scenario questions, focusing more on my willingness to physically detain an uncompliant youth. Once again the interview was unprofessional, and the interviewer seemed distracted and uninterested. Afterwards I was told he would call me later that evening to let me know if I received the job or not......never heard from him again.

Interview Questions
    • Given short scenarios to see how you would react and handle a situation.   Answer Question

Youth Care Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Youth Villages.

The first step in the process was a short phone interview with a recruiter where I was asked about my experience working in mental health and particularly about my experience with crisis management. The recruiter typed notes to record my answers and told me that I may or may not be contacted for the next part of the interview process. A few days later, I was contacted by a program director at the Germaine Lawrence campus and scheduled an in-person interview. I interviewed with one manager for about 40 minutes and then did a brief classroom observation. After the observation, I interviewed with another manager for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What part of the job requirements do you think you would struggle the most with?   Answer Question

Family Intervention Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages in November 2014.

I was contacted via phone to schedule an initial interview with an HR manager from HQs. I then conducted another phone interview with the regional manager and was invited to an in person interview in the local office. The interviews consisted of case studies and questions but were relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews consist of case studies in which you are asked questions about how you would handle them.   Answer Question

Salary was too long and job required a lot of driving to client's homes

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages.

I'm still in the interview process. I've had the phone interview and I have an in person interview next week. The phone interview was pretty simple and laid back. Job duties and salary were discussed. I was asked how I would handle different scenarios.

Transitional Living Specialist Interview

I've had the pre screening interview, afterwards I was told I would be contacted 7-10 business days after that. I've been emailing and calling about the second interview.....no response. I'm kind of frustrated because they are giving me the blues about my second interview that was suppose to be THREE WEEKS AGO

Family Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages.

There is an initial phone interview, then an in-person interview. They replied back quickly and stayed in contact with me of I had any questions. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant and helpful. They assisted with finding the situation that worked best for me. They were open to listen to questions and concerns, and were honest about the disadvantages of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a confrontation; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Specialized Crisis Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages.

There was a telephone 'screening interview,' followed by in person interviews with local management. The telephone interview was weird! The interviewer was constantly pausing without explanation. I understand 'pausing' to be an interview tactic, but this was beyond that. The interviews left me with a strong impression that the company is a tad disorganized. I think most non-profits are the same way though, so I didn't draw any bias from that.

Interview Questions
    • They present scenarios during the interview and ask what you would do in that scenario.   View Answer

Teacher Counselor Interview

Call with interviewer on the phone then had a group interview with a home director and someone else. I was honest and upfront. I believe one of the ladies was texting on her phone during the interview though.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest questions they ask about is situations that really happen and see how you respond. My interviewer told me when it was over that they were looking at my ability to think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Teacher Counselor Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and convenient. I was part of a large college group and they brought managers to all come together in the operations center to interview us. I was nervous and a bit unprepared but I was able to get through it by being very personable.

Interview Questions
    • Information about the company because i was confused about the numerous facilities   Answer Question