Youth Villages Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted within 24 hrs by a recruiter I then had an interview with a supervisor by phone and then flew from out of state for the face to face interview with 3 management personnel the process took 2 weeks from start to finish. They started off the last interview saying they wanted someone with a masters which isn't in the description nor was it said in the first 2 interviews. This was especially irritating since I paid for the last minute flight assuming things were going well and I actually was qualified. Note: I have a bachelors in psychology and a year and a half of case management experience for a non profit.

Interview Questions

• 3 scenario questions in each interview. One example: there is a 5 yr old who is ok at school but at home is aggressive the mom is not present at sessions what do you do?   1 Answer

Bilingual Family Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages (Douglas, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was in-person at GA location. Interview consisted of lots of "describe a situation where you were..." , questions about your personal style and scenario questions. A LOT of scenario questions. They gave you a scenario and asked open-ended questions about what you would do, what approach you would take, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where someone gave you feedback that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Teacher Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

The interview process is extremely laborious. I went through 2 interviews for one position then 2 interviews for one that the staff thought better suited me (the Teacher-Counselor) only to find out after a month-long process that I didn't get the job. The HR Director gave me no answer as to the reason. I later found out it was probably due to the fact that I had a speeding ticket on my background check. I think it was cowardly for them not to be honest about it.

Interview Questions

• Typical: What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle stress? They gave scenarios and asked how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Family Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Youth Villages (Johnson City, TN).

Interview

I met with the regional supervisor for the department. Job expectations and typical problems were discussed. My resume and education was reviewed. I was then given a scenario and asked to discuss what needed to be addressed and in which order. I was asked to describe barriers that I have overcome and struggles that I have experienced in the office.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress in the workplace.   1 Answer

Family Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

Initial phone interview about 30 minutes long. Asked about relevant job experience and education. The woman was friendly, however they were upfront about the low pay and long work hours associates with the position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages (Asheville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This was after an initial phone screen. The process went well and was quite casual until the end when I was asked several scenario questions. I received a form e-mail saying that I had not been selected. It was quite polite but obviously impersonal. I think the fact that I asked very specific questions about the workload, schedule and that I brought up the horrible reviews of the company didn't help much. LOL. Probably not for me anyway. It had an "indentured servant" feel to it because of the promise of paid supervision provided you work for 2 years IN ADDITION to the years it takes you to become fully licensed or else pay back the company. With the starting salary of 34k...no thanks anyway. I have to pay back my student loans somehow.

Interview Questions

• "You are working with a client and his mother calls you saying he is threatening to hurt her. How do you handle the situation"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was full of "what-if" type questions that were simple to answer. Interviewer was up front about schedule and pay. The pay was VERY low and the schedule was terrible. You were REQUIRED (even on off days) to drive patients places on your own time, no over time given. The position would be great for a person without kids and should most likely be single.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have disciplining children?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

I was called about 2 days after I applied online by a woman in the Tennessee area.She gave me a few options as to what job I was interested since I applied for more than one. She asked me basic questions about my experience and then gave me a scenario to answer. The scenario was about conflict and she wanted to know how I would have handled it.

She then stated the hours and salary. Afterwards she stated I may get a call back within 7 days once she sends over my info to the hiring manager for the position. I got a call back a few days later from the hiring manager. That was last week. Today I will be interviewing over the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

Several days after applying online, I received a short phone interview. It was very relaxed and simple questions such as any experience I had in the field, etc. Afterwards I was asked when I would be available for a face to face interview.

1 week later I met with my interviewer. I showed up 15 minutes early, yet my interviewer was roughly 15 minutes late. He was very casually dressed, and the interview was not at all what I expected. The whole experience was very unprofessional, as he would constantly look at his phone or mess with his computer, showing little interest.

After the interview I set up a date less than a week later for an orientation (walk about) at the group home I would be working at. Over all the experience went well.

The final step was a second interview, where I was asked more scenario questions, focusing more on my willingness to physically detain an uncompliant youth. Once again the interview was unprofessional, and the interviewer seemed distracted and uninterested. Afterwards I was told he would call me later that evening to let me know if I received the job or not......never heard from him again.

Interview Questions

• Given short scenarios to see how you would react and handle a situation.   Answer Question

Youth Care Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

The first step in the process was a short phone interview with a recruiter where I was asked about my experience working in mental health and particularly about my experience with crisis management. The recruiter typed notes to record my answers and told me that I may or may not be contacted for the next part of the interview process. A few days later, I was contacted by a program director at the Germaine Lawrence campus and scheduled an in-person interview. I interviewed with one manager for about 40 minutes and then did a brief classroom observation. After the observation, I interviewed with another manager for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What part of the job requirements do you think you would struggle the most with?   Answer Question