YuMe Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2014
Updated Jun 25, 2014

Human Resources Coordinator (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YuMe in June 2014.

I just had an initial recruiter phone screen. The recruiter had a bit of an attitude and was quite rude. I wasn't sure if he was insulting me or complimenting me at times. He did not display company culture very well and was not a great representation of YuMe.

Interview Questions

He asked me to come onsite but because of my bad experience with the phone screen, I did not feel like YuMe was the right fit for me!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YuMe in March 2014.

Pretty straightforward and standard interview.
    I came in for three rounds and met a variety of staff, managers, and Directors.
    Overall the process was informal. The interview mostly consisted of determining a right fit for the company, team, and culture. There was a lot of focus on expectations and the overall scope of the role which made my decision making a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    The offer was fair and I accepted it.

Acccounting and Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YuMe in January 2014.

contacted by HR recruiter who was pleasant. There appeared to be organizational friction in. High turnover it seemed. (sweat shop)

Interview Questions
    • Higher ups are not good at seeding objectives that are aligned with one another across admin functions. (especially in finance). There weren't any tough questions. There issues are organizational.   View Answer

Organizational dysfunctionality

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YuMe.

I was contacted by a YUME recruiter via Linedin and subsequently expressed my interest to learn more and submitted my resume. A week or two later I had a phone screening with the recruiter which in turn led to an in person interview with 4 people from the team.

I was primarily greeted by a bunch of disgruntled and burnt out employees. I think of the 4 people i met, 2 had only a few months under their belt with YUME and the other two were maybe a year or two in, none of which could really convince me that it would be even a decent place to work for. These people looked and sounded miserable and one senior manager went as far as to say(in a snarky tone mind you) there wouldn't be any growth opportunity in my role which i found obnoxious. Safe to say I wasn't sold on the job.

And the nail in the coffin is the lack of communication from the recruiters after the interview, there was none. Even if I wasn't selected for the job, they could have at least had the common courtesy and professionalism to send me a note via email to inform me so everyone is on the same page.

Side note, i found their location to be terrible and their building to be less than welcoming.

Junior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YuMe.

The interview process was quiet quick. Got a call from the HR and within couple of days the first round of technical interview was scheduled. Asked a lot about present project then the interviewer gave a situation and asked how I will manage it. Then many technical questions. Then the HR called the next day and asked if he can schedule a second round of technical interview within the next two days.

The second round was with a senior DBA who had over 15 years of experience. The moment the conversation started I could see an arrogant attitude from the interviewer like What do you know? While I explained the situation he hardly listened to it and will stop in the middle saying we don't have much time. The interviewer will ask a question and if you know the answer and start explaining, he will stop to listen and stop you from explaining and move to the next question. The moment he finds you don't have a proper answer he will dive deep into it and ask 100 questions even though you had accepted that you are not an expert in that area in the very beginning.

The conversation was more like a situation to show his attitude that he knows everything in an arrogant way.

Interview Questions
    • What is Mutex? Why is it happening?
      How do you set up sharding in MySQL?
      What are the parameters in Optimize table? How do you use those parameters?
        Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at YuMe.

Interview #1 - Phone
    Recruiter - explain duties/responsibilities, pay, etc

Interview #2 - in office
    1) Interview with Sales Engineering manager - explain job, normal boss type questions
    2) Interview with two other coworkers - asked about advertising, support and training exp.
    3) Interview with Software Engineer - DRILLED every technical term/technology on resume

Interview #3 - in office
    1) Interview with Sales Engineering manager again - Reviewed Javascript code to find out how much coding you knew, mostly needed to know how to read code not write it.
    2) Interview with CTO/Co-founder - Very intense interview. Wanted to make sure you already loved to company and work your hardest for him and the company.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't know I would be reviewing Javascript code, this caught me off-guard.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate at all. Original offer was the only offer. Pay was on average for what I was told I would do but ended up doing a much different job. Mostly doing phone/email support

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YuMe in May 2011.

Interview setup was fast since I went through employee referral. Questions are easy. They care more about the fit with the company, ability to work in a startup environment and also work with their R&D team based in India. Looked like the company is growing crazy, since they were interviewing several candidates for various positions. While there weren't any delays in the interview process, they had to be pinged several times for the final decision after they mentioned that they would most likely extend an offer. In the end, it turned out that the decision was a no.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at YuMe in August 2010.

Initial contact via email, helpful phone interview that resulted in mutual feeling that the particular position was not a good fit

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YuMe in June 2013.

Got a call from HR for a technical F2F scheduled on a date. But no confirmation was sent. I called two days before the iview to confirm on the slot. HR was sorry about not scheduling the iview and finally rescheduled it to a week later. First one was a general discussion about projects. it was good. Later part of the discussion, an architecture specific question and a puzzle was given. I did farily well on the first question. But I couldn't crack the puzzle. In the end, I was asked to wait and told that I didn't clear the iview. I was happy though with the result as it was not self-satisfactory. After I came home, I searched for the puzzle and found that the interviewere didn't give a complete question to me. He had missed the most important assumption / point of the puzzle. I am very sure that I would have answered the puzzle if he had mentioned that assumption as I was thinking in those lines. A good experience overall.

Traffickers Trainee Interview

It was great with three rounds. All the rounds were easy and nothing technical for this position.

Interview Questions

Worked for YuMe? Contribute to the Community!