Yum! Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.9

Restaurant General Manager Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. 4 rounds of interview starting with a phone interview. The questions were easy and straight forward. I was offered the job after interviewing with the Area Coach. The recruiter was very nice and pleasant.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yum!.

I had a interview for Yum! this weekend. They asked the typical questions, and what you did at your previous employment

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yum! in January 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yum!.

I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Questions
    • What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yum!.

My initial interview was fairly straight-forward given that my role was new to the organization, as was this particular department. My specific core competencies were what mattered most to the interviewer who sought me out for the role as well.

Interview Questions
    • I was a bit surprised at the salary that was offered, but the benefits package were good.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Yum! in July 2013.

The interview process was a bit rigorous; there were many questions asked.
    Between 30 to 50 I believe. Some scenarios were given to see how you'd handle a situation. "Are you an honest person?" "Give an example of a time in which you've been honest"

Interview Questions
    • "What's more important to you; people, ideas, or ethics?"   View Answer

Senior District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Yum!.

Interview process went well. The HR person didn't keep their commitments regarding a response so I was forced to accept another position.

Interview Questions
    • None. I researched interview questions online and I was prepared.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yum! in March 2013.

After sending my resume, met with four people. Even though my resume did not mention specific brand launch experience (my background is in marketing), the interviewers keep pressing me to give an example of a brand that I launched???

Interview Questions
    • All questions are textbook MBA questions but the interviewers want to know about hands on experience.   Answer Question

Yum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The interviewer was a great guy and the company seemed like a great place to work, but in the end I ultimately went with a different job somewhere else

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yum!.

Interviewed with VP and and HR VP, as well as, spent time with peer Sr Manager. Interviews all lasted about an hour with the standard questions about past experience and where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years. Total process from resume submittal to job offer took 2 months (I had a vacation and the HR VP was traveling a lot during the interview process).

Interview Questions
    Yes. Asked for a higher salary and the VP called the next day with my request being granted.