Yum! Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.9

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I received a call hours after I submitted my online application. HR immediately set up a phone interview the next day and a face to face interview the following week. As one of the other interviewers mentioned, I was also given an agenda to interview with four individuals. The beginning of the process went quickly, but it slowed down soon thereafter. I reached out to HR to find out about the status and was quickly (within 30 minutes) asked to give five references. My references were contacted to fill out an online reference survey. I received no feedback from HR or the hiring manager. I again reached out to the hiring manager and received silence. Three of my references are colleagues of my current employer. I gave five references because the company led me in believing that I am a candidate for the position. Word from the (now)wise... DO NOT give Yum! current colleagues as references if you are seeking a confidential job hunt because they will blow your confidentiality while having no intention of seriously considering you a candidate. Make the references available upon contingent offer. Poor communication and unprofessionalism during the interview process will not make for a good work environment later. I decided to move on from this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR initially for a brief phone interview and the following day I received a phone call asking when I would be able to come in for an interview. They emailed an itinerary to me where I would actually be interviewing with 6 individuals back to back. I was extremely nervous to meet with so many people in a row but it ended up being very informal and they all made me feel so welcome. All in all the interviewing process was great and I feel they truly just wanted to get to know me. Culture is very important to them and I think they are most interested in whether or not you'll be a good fit with everyone, as long as you have the credentials to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position? What makes you want to be a part of our team?   Answer Question

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. 4 rounds of interview starting with a phone interview. The questions were easy and straight forward. I was offered the job after interviewing with the Area Coach. The recruiter was very nice and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum! in September 2014.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The first was by HR and the second was by the Hiring Manager.Overall, it was a typical phone interview process. The company led me on to believe I was a running candidate when I followed up both times. I have yet to hear if they have filled the position or not. Will be following up for the third time in a few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yum!.

Interview

I had a interview for Yum! this weekend. They asked the typical questions, and what you did at your previous employment

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 30 minutes of basic fact finding.The second interview was a job preview in the store, a view of the actual job and management responsibilities. Final interview was with an Area Coach, final questions and review before they decide on a final offer. Great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided to interview with the company?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Questions

• What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Louisville, KY).

Interview

My initial interview was fairly straight-forward given that my role was new to the organization, as was this particular department. My specific core competencies were what mattered most to the interviewer who sought me out for the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was a bit surprised at the salary that was offered, but the benefits package were good.   Answer Question

RGM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yum! (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Very long. Involved several meetings with upper mgt. Though this was good as it provided a clear picture of expectations. They were very careful about hiring responsible people. Even though they are fast food they are a massive successful company and treat their mgt. very well.