Yum!

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Yum!.

Interview Details – I had a interview for Yum! this weekend. They asked the typical questions, and what you did at your previous employment

Interview Question – Try to sell this ruler to me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yum! in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. I had a phone interview and went over the usual interview questions like why Yum, tell me about yourself, why are you a good fit, etc. After answering these, I asked her about the hiring manager for this position as I did have more experience and more projects under my belt compared to this individual. Her response you ask? "Yum managers are a cut above all others in the country while on paper this person doesn't have as much experience they do however have a more powerful career and career track than where you." After this I ended the interview. Not saying that Yum isn't a great place but this interview left me with a bad impression. I'm sure others have had a way better experience. I wouldn't mind speaking with them in the future about a position just not with that recruiter.

Interview Question – Walk me through why you want this job.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I interviewed at Yum! in December 2010.

Interview Details – I have had phone interview from YUM brands recruiting team for industrial engineer position

Interview Question – To justify my current credentials to job responsibilities and the products YUM develops   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Yum! in March 2013.

Interview Details – After sending my resume, met with four people. Even though my resume did not mention specific brand launch experience (my background is in marketing), the interviewers keep pressing me to give an example of a brand that I launched???

Interview Question – All questions are textbook MBA questions but the interviewers want to know about hands on experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yum!.

Interview Details – I earned my hire due to the work I demonstrated as a temporary employee. Even though I did no get the job at first, I got it when the new hire quit after 90 days!

Interview Question – What job do you aspire too? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yum!.

Interview Details – My initial interview was fairly straight-forward given that my role was new to the organization, as was this particular department. My specific core competencies were what mattered most to the interviewer who sought me out for the role as well.

Interview Question – I was a bit surprised at the salary that was offered, but the benefits package were good.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yum! in February 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent Experience - Interview with HR, then Hiring Dept

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job? Difficult if you were part of a downsizing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and fair. Only needed to negotiate a few items.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Yum! in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit rigorous; there were many questions asked.
Between 30 to 50 I believe. Some scenarios were given to see how you'd handle a situation. "Are you an honest person?" "Give an example of a time in which you've been honest"

Interview Question – "What's more important to you; people, ideas, or ethics?"   View Answer

Senior District Manager Interview

Senior District Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Yum!.

Interview Details – Interview process went well. The HR person didn't keep their commitments regarding a response so I was forced to accept another position.

Interview Question – None. I researched interview questions online and I was prepared.   Answer Question

Area Coach Interview

Area Coach
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yum! in June 2010.

Interview Details – Many phone and face to face interviews. They will sell you a dream but in reality it's all smoking mirrors.

Interview Question – Standard stuff, focus on telling them how much you love working long hours and developing people and you'll get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer extended, I counterd with 15% increase and they accepted

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yum! interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yum! employees and interview candidates.