Yum! Interview Questions & Reviews

25 interviews

Yum Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

The interviewer was a great guy and the company seemed like a great place to work, but in the end I ultimately went with a different job somewhere else

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yum!.

Interviewed with VP and and HR VP, as well as, spent time with peer Sr Manager. Interviews all lasted about an hour with the standard questions about past experience and where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years. Total process from resume submittal to job offer took 2 months (I had a vacation and the HR VP was traveling a lot during the interview process).

Interview Questions
    Yes. Asked for a higher salary and the VP called the next day with my request being granted.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yum! in December 2011.

I interviewed with a recruiter, then had a 1:1 with the hiring manager, and finally traveled to the location to interview with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider relocating internationally for a future position?   View Answer

IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yum! in March 2010.

Well designed interview process, with printed agenda and variety of managers from different department areas.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yum! in May 2009.

My first interview was at my school and all other rounds were conducted at their offices in Irvine. Taco bell seems like a great company to work for, however, I did not make it past the first interview.

Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yum! in September 2013.

I applied online , which then lead to an email saying my application was successful and I would be hearing from the store which I applied too. Two days later I received a call from the RGM of the store I applied to , Informing me that I had an interview 3 days later. I then went for the interview which was very informal , more like a conversation with the RGM which I suppose was just to get a feel for what sort of character you were then I was asked which days I was available to work and how soon I could start.After ending the conversation , The RGM said he would contact me regardless of whether or not I was successful. Then I got a call 2 days later saying that my interview was successful and that I had the job and that I should bring in some documents to organize how I will be paid.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yum! in August 2012.

Good to work with this company as company has high definition standards, interview process are three steps.

your choice

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yum! in January 2010.

Internal Referal through LinkedIn

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yum! in May 2008.

Easy process with 2 interviews, with the direct supervisor and the Business Unit General Manager. The company was clear on what they were looking for and straight forward on understanding my motivation for applying to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate. It took some time but the company was open to negotiate in some items, not on the start date though!

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yum! in July 2008.

The hiring and the interview process was very lengthy and detailed. The GM hiring me was very clear on what he would want from me. But as soon as I was hired the job description changed, reporting relationship changed.

Interview Questions
    Can negotiate, but negotiations depends on where you've been working so far. There was no negotiation phase for me.