Yum!

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yum!.

Interviewed with VP and and HR VP, as well as, spent time with peer Sr Manager. Interviews all lasted about an hour with the standard questions about past experience and where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years. Total process from resume submittal to job offer took 2 months (I had a vacation and the HR VP was traveling a lot during the interview process).

Interview Questions
    Yes. Asked for a higher salary and the VP called the next day with my request being granted.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yum! in December 2011.

I interviewed with a recruiter, then had a 1:1 with the hiring manager, and finally traveled to the location to interview with several managers.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider relocating internationally for a future position?   View Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

interviewed at Yum! in December 2010.

I have had phone interview from YUM brands recruiting team for industrial engineer position

Interview Questions
    • To justify my current credentials to job responsibilities and the products YUM develops   Answer Question

Area Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yum! in June 2010.

Many phone and face to face interviews. They will sell you a dream but in reality it's all smoking mirrors.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff, focus on telling them how much you love working long hours and developing people and you'll get the job.   Answer Question
    offer extended, I counterd with 15% increase and they accepted

IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yum! in March 2010.

Well designed interview process, with printed agenda and variety of managers from different department areas.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yum! in May 2009.

My first interview was at my school and all other rounds were conducted at their offices in Irvine. Taco bell seems like a great company to work for, however, I did not make it past the first interview.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yum! in February 2009.

Excellent Experience - Interview with HR, then Hiring Dept

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? Difficult if you were part of a downsizing.   View Answer
    Straight forward and fair. Only needed to negotiate a few items.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yum! in September 2013.

I applied online , which then lead to an email saying my application was successful and I would be hearing from the store which I applied too. Two days later I received a call from the RGM of the store I applied to , Informing me that I had an interview 3 days later. I then went for the interview which was very informal , more like a conversation with the RGM which I suppose was just to get a feel for what sort of character you were then I was asked which days I was available to work and how soon I could start.After ending the conversation , The RGM said he would contact me regardless of whether or not I was successful. Then I got a call 2 days later saying that my interview was successful and that I had the job and that I should bring in some documents to organize how I will be paid.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yum! in August 2012.

Good to work with this company as company has high definition standards, interview process are three steps.

your choice

Public Affairs Intern In Louisville, KY Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yum! in May 2012.

I am from the city that I applied for the intern position in, and they preferred to Skype for the initial interview. The Skype interview was followed by three in-person interviews, each 45 minutes as well as a 45 minute tour of the building. The corporate headquarters is a beautiful building with a lot of amenities - gym in the basement, food court (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, salad bar, deli, etc.), and daycare. Everyone was very nice and extremely friendly.

The interviews felt more like conversations than your typical interview(s). I was taken into a conference room where I talked to each interviewer, who had a list of questions in front of them. Some of the questions overlapped, as some interviewers would ask the same question as the previous interviewer. They are definitely looking for certain answers and to make sure you will fit in with their culture.

I sent a thank you email following the interviews. I was told I would find out early the following week if I got the position. By the end of the week, I hadn't heard and sent another follow-up/reminder email. They wanted the intern to start in the beginning of June and it is currently June 4th. I have yet to hear from them, it has been almost three weeks since the in-person interviews and I expected to hear back within the week after I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you have a problem with a colleague?   View Answer