ZF Friedrichshafen

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at ZF Friedrichshafen

Quality Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen.

I got contacted randomly through a 3rd party and set up for an onsite interview. I met with two Quality guys I ended up working with who asked some behavioral questions and a few technical. This took about 20 minutes. All of it was pretty straightforward with a plant tour (the place is huge) after the interview. Just be relaxed and studied up on your resume. They're growing on a pretty big scale and need people. Also, the people there are great and will help you out if you have questions etc.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a bird flying north at 10 mph through winds blowing east at 13mph and it was slightly overcast, how many fingers are on a seals hand?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. I'm an intern.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen.

Was recruited when my resume was posted on Monster. Interview over the phone was about 40 minutes with some pretty high level questions relating to situations, project management, and what kind of things draw you to the position. Recruiter required a PI test which was just words self described and by others. Flew me down for a in person interview and would rate that experience at a 8 out of 10. Was very technically oriented and a little over my head in some areas which I explained how much knowledge and to what extent my experience was with certain things. Asking for training and what opportunities in such areas may have been beneficial as my prior job offered little, as I do want to extend my knowledge base. Two days later I heard back that they wanted me to join the team. Overall the interviewing process was very quick but they are looking for energetic, go get it, and follow the rules type mentality.

Interview Questions
    • Very little was unexpected. Most was technical in nature. Research what questions may be asked at interviews and why. Prepare yourself with your technical background.

I was actually caught out by a previous interview on describe yourself in 5 words and how others would in 5 words.

Answer Question
    Negotiation was taken care of by the recruiter. Only waited two days from verbal offer to actual papers in hand. Offer was over expected rate for only 3 yrs "engineering" experience so my machining and safety training must have played into it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZF Friedrichshafen in December 2012.

No interview for interns