ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.4

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Had first round interview on campus. Interview was 30 minutes case, 30 minutes behavioral. Had a different interviewer for each part of the interview. Case was a little tricky and I was not quite prepared for all the math I had to do, but overall fair and not excessively difficult. Behavioral was really straightforward and felt like more of a conversation than a job interview. Both Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online and got contacted a few days later by HR for a brief phone screening, which was simple and straightforward; it just goes through your qualifications and preferences. Shortly thereafter, I got contacted for a two-part phone interview, the first part case and the second part behavioral, with each part lasting half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a group project went badly and what you would have done differently looking back at it.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online and had a first-round phone interview within two weeks. The first half was a case interview, consisting of both quantitative and qualitative questions. For the quantitative questions, I recommend using an excel spreadsheet rather than a calculator. The math was fairly easy and straightforward (all numbers were given). The second half was a behavioral interview. The questions were all standard. Waiting to have second-round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Evaluate pros/cons of various marketing techniques used by pharma sales reps on oncologists (ie: publishing in a reputable journal, blogging online, presenting at a conference)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in September 2014.

I applied online and recieved an email asking when I would be able to have a phone interview. It was with HR and they went over my resume, clarifying different points. They said they would contact me within a week, but it took them two weeks. They scheduled two back-to-back interviews with me, the first being technical and the second behavioral. In the technical interview they showed me data for different companies and asked me to find patterns. Have a pen and paper ready to come up with simple algebraic formulas and have a calculator handy. The difficulty was easy/medium. The behavioral interview had questions like "describe a time when you worked as part of a team and failed to meet a deadline. What did you do?". All questions were asking to describe negative experiences from the past, and how I handled them.

Interview Questions
    • Here are different marketing strategies and how much it costs to execute them. Which one would you choose and why?   View Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied on the website and heard back shortly for a phone interview. Phone interview was half case and half behavioral. After phone interview, later that day was invited for final round interview in office. Final round interview was 5 hours long and consisted of 4 1:1 meetings and lunch. One meeting was behavioral, one was a what to expect presentation, and two were case related.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were straightforward as long as you took your time and thought logically.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Questions based on the experience from your resume, many behavioral questions, such as: tell me about your experience to overcome a difficulty in a group, what's your weakness and strengthens.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates.

First round was a computer based test with basic math/english/logical reasoning questions. This was followed by a group discussion and then a case study. The final rounds were principal and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Related to the case study that was given. Need to spend time understanding it and thinking of all possible questions .   Answer Question
    Since in my case it was a campus placement there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ZS Associates.

On campus recruiting and final round interviews. There were a mix of behavioral and case interviews, as well as general analyst questions. Final rounds were hosted on site, lasting 5 hours and consisting of multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you be most concerned about on your first day of work"   View Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

I had my initial interview on campus, and then I traveled onsite for the final round interview. I applied for the position through my school's career services.

The first round was two 30 minute interviews -- one all about fit/behavioral questions, and the other purely quantitative/case-based.

The final round was basically a longer version of the first round. It was a half day of interviews -- one behavioral, two technical, and one Q&A session with a current consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that others perceived as immoral/unethical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2014.

Final round interview was a half-day visit on-site at the office. Schedule was laid out beforehand so there were no surprises. The recruiter I was corresponding with really put in care and effort in picking out who I would be interviewing with for each specific part of the day, and I ended up having an almost all-women interview panel! Quite a few of my interviewers had a connection with my university and my engineering background.

I have not yet received an offer or rejection, was told that the result would be coming within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was as expected and as detailed in the communications with the recruiter. Typical questions.   Answer Question