ZS Associates Business Analytics Associate Interview Questions

3.4

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in September 2014.

I applied online and recieved an email asking when I would be able to have a phone interview. It was with HR and they went over my resume, clarifying different points. They said they would contact me within a week, but it took them two weeks. They scheduled two back-to-back interviews with me, the first being technical and the second behavioral. In the technical interview they showed me data for different companies and asked me to find patterns. Have a pen and paper ready to come up with simple algebraic formulas and have a calculator handy. The difficulty was easy/medium. The behavioral interview had questions like "describe a time when you worked as part of a team and failed to meet a deadline. What did you do?". All questions were asking to describe negative experiences from the past, and how I handled them.

Interview Questions
  • Here are different marketing strategies and how much it costs to execute them. Which one would you choose and why?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied on the website and heard back shortly for a phone interview. Phone interview was half case and half behavioral. After phone interview, later that day was invited for final round interview in office. Final round interview was 5 hours long and consisted of 4 1:1 meetings and lunch. One meeting was behavioral, one was a what to expect presentation, and two were case related.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were straightforward as long as you took your time and thought logically.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Questions based on the experience from your resume, many behavioral questions, such as: tell me about your experience to overcome a difficulty in a group, what's your weakness and strengthens.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates.

First round was a computer based test with basic math/english/logical reasoning questions. This was followed by a group discussion and then a case study. The final rounds were principal and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Related to the case study that was given. Need to spend time understanding it and thinking of all possible questions .   Answer Question
    Since in my case it was a campus placement there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ZS Associates.

On campus recruiting and final round interviews. There were a mix of behavioral and case interviews, as well as general analyst questions. Final rounds were hosted on site, lasting 5 hours and consisting of multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you be most concerned about on your first day of work"   View Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

I had my initial interview on campus, and then I traveled onsite for the final round interview. I applied for the position through my school's career services.

The first round was two 30 minute interviews -- one all about fit/behavioral questions, and the other purely quantitative/case-based.

The final round was basically a longer version of the first round. It was a half day of interviews -- one behavioral, two technical, and one Q&A session with a current consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that others perceived as immoral/unethical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2014.

Final round interview was a half-day visit on-site at the office. Schedule was laid out beforehand so there were no surprises. The recruiter I was corresponding with really put in care and effort in picking out who I would be interviewing with for each specific part of the day, and I ended up having an almost all-women interview panel! Quite a few of my interviewers had a connection with my university and my engineering background.

I have not yet received an offer or rejection, was told that the result would be coming within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was as expected and as detailed in the communications with the recruiter. Typical questions.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2014.

Applied for fall cycle; received off-cycle response ~6 months later. Opened with an initial phone screen with HR, followed by phone interview with a manager and a phone case interview with a consultant. Passed that round and was called in to the main office. Main office round consisted of lunch with an associate, fit interview with a principal, written case interview, demonstration from a current BAA, then a final interview with senior staff.

The phone case would have been trivial if I hadn't been nervous and had taken her up on the offer to use Excel.
    The written case was 40 minutes for 4 questions; they were very surprised I got to the end of the 3rd. I would have finished the whole thing but I got sidetracked.
    The final interview was a combo of basic fit interview and a case in disguise. I didn't realize it was a case until fairly far in, by which time I was basically screwed.

Interview Questions
    • "You're trying to figure out where to put a Banana Republic. What do you consider for placing it?"
      "You've made $100k from the BR and want to loan it out. How do you decide terms and eligibility for the loan?"
        View Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2013.

First round interview consists of a case interview for 30 minutes and behavioral section for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, pretty straight forward, I was not organized enough during the case and made an algebra mistake. The case was on an interactive computer program which I had never dealt with before but the interviewer was very good in leading the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in November 2013.

Straightforward and follow the format listed on their website:

First round behavioral+Case interview with 2 people (around 1 hour in total)

Final round Behavioral+Case+Analytics with 3 different people (prepare for 4-5 hours).

Case interview is position-specific. No general case questions (ex: profit went down 20%, why?). Expect simple calculations. Some knowledge of simple sales/marketing terminologies will be asset for non-business background applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult analytically; for non-business background applicants, brush up on some simple industry and sales/marketing terms and calculations   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, very good offer for starting position

Worked for ZS Associates? Contribute to the Community!