ZS Associates Business Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.6

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

3 week process

First round phone interview:
1. Case interview: interviewer walked through 8-10 slides, asking questions about the data/graphs on each slide on the way
2. Behavioral: typical interview questions

Final round office interview:
Five separate parts: demonstration, 2 cases, behavioral, lunch. Cases were harder than the phone interview and required 20 minutes of preparation

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was difficult in that not a lot of information was given (3-4 slides with little information).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Missed the initial on-campus interview, so had a phone interview. Simple case questions and behavioral questions. On site, similar. Toughest part was walking through the case with the manager, make sure you go through your thinking process with them so they can steer you in the right direction. Don't try to impress them with buzz words, they'll see through it. Just be logical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. We had a hour first round interview that was two parts -- one was a 30 min case and another was 30 min fit. I interviewed with two different people. The fit interview was pretty standard. The case was interviewer led and based off a packet that they walked you through. Very straight forward. You need to be comfortable with analyzing charts and spreadsheets quickly. Market share is something to very comfortable discussing.

I was invited to the final round in Evanston. Two cases similar to the first round and a fit interview along with lunch and a walk through with a BOA. It was a good experience, and I would have liked working there.

Interview Questions

• They had an "analytical case" that expected you to break down the process of a sales company and resolve management issues.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates in August 2012.

Interview

Four stages
    1. Aptitude Test - Math, English, Logical Reasoning
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Behavioral Interview
    4. Final Interview

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied via school career fair and was asked to have an on-campus interview with one consultant and one manager. The on-campus interview was total one-hour long, which consisted of half an hour behavioral and half an hour case interview. After a week, I got a phone call as I was invited to the on-site interview. The on-site interview was 5-hour long. I was interviewed with five different people and also included a lunch with some of the associates working there. Basically, the interview was consisted of both behavioral, one mini case study, and one 40min case study. Although I didn't get the offer, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when there were some conflicts among your team and how you managed to resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed on two separate days. The first day consisted of a one-on-one behavioral interview, where we discussed my work history and habits and other standard interview fare. There was also a case-study interview on the first day, and the case was relatively easy. It mostly involved scanning data for errors and offering suggestions for improved process flow. The next day I was invited back for a second round of interviews.

The second round of interviews was about a week or so after the first round, and there were two case-studies, a one-on-one behavioral interview with a principal, a demonstration session, and a one-on-one lunch. The whole process lasted about five hours. The cases in the second round were considerably more difficult, and were apparently fairly representative of the work the company does. I honestly found the cases to be dull, and I did not excel on them. As a result, I did not receive an offer.

I commend ZS for the speed of the process. I received a call the day after the second round with their decision. Everyone I met was friendly and honest about their work. The person who took me to lunch told me that he really did not like his job, which was helpful. I realize that this might sound like sour grapes, but I am fairly certain that even if I had received an offer I would have declined. It seems like really boring and time-consuming work that does not make a positive contribution to the world at large.

Interview Questions

• One of the case studies concerned reorganizing a pharmaceutical sales staff, and essentially boiled down to how I would downsize the department.   1 Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds for the interview process once you clear the online test. The first round will be a case study of around 10-12 pages. There will be a few questions and a time of 30-40 minutes to think. Just write down notes for that. You will be given time before the HR to think again if you need time and then explain the answers to him. The 2nd round is a lengthy one. You will be asked a few puzzles(may be one), a few estimation question, a few case studies and then resume based questions. Don't mention anything and everything in your resume to make it look good. Do mention only those things that you can explain before them. The third round will be taken by a principal manager. It's a principal interview where you will be asked questions about your past role, the role you are applying for and a few questions to test your marketing skills. You will learn a lot. They will help you when you are stuck and give you enough time to think.

Interview Questions

• Why did you join your former company as a software engineer when you are interested in this field?   1 Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ZS Associates in December 2014.

Interview

I applied off-campus. The process consists of four rounds:- 1.Aptitude test(Based on English, quantitative, Logical reasoning and observation to details). 2. Case study round (you are given a case study of pharmaceutical company and you are supposed to answer data interpretation and analytical questions from it). 3. Interview based on your resume. 4. Principal interview (Interview by senior level person of ZS associates).

Interview Questions

• How will you merge two files in microsoft excel containing 5000 names each?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

4 Rounds
    1. Computer based objecting test - pattern similar to CAT (difficulty level - medium)
    2. 1:1 Case study round
    3. 1:1 Principal interview round
    4. 1:1 Personal Interview round
    Each round was elimination round
    Got results within 2-3 weeks
    First happens a computer based test. Within a week or so they will tell you if you are selected for the interview.
    Since i belong to same city where the company is, my remaining 3 rounds happened in person on the same day

Negotiation

Unfortunately, no negotiation happened with me

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

I interviewed with ZS during my college recruitment. The first round is an online test which is divided into four parts, 1. verbal ability, 2. quantitative aptitude, 3. logical reasoning and 4. attention to detail. People who cleared this round were put through a case study and case interview round followed by a behavioral round and finally the principal interview where the candidate is interviewed by the operations head. Each round is an elimination round.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question on database. Since the job role did not require knowledge of databases, the question came across as unexpected.   Answer Question