ZS Associates

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Operations Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview Details – 3 week process

First round phone interview:
1. Case interview: interviewer walked through 8-10 slides, asking questions about the data/graphs on each slide on the way
2. Behavioral: typical interview questions

Final round office interview:
Five separate parts: demonstration, 2 cases, behavioral, lunch. Cases were harder than the phone interview and required 20 minutes of preparation

Interview Question – One of the cases was difficult in that not a lot of information was given (3-4 slides with little information).   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview Details – Missed the initial on-campus interview, so had a phone interview. Simple case questions and behavioral questions. On site, similar. Toughest part was walking through the case with the manager, make sure you go through your thinking process with them so they can steer you in the right direction. Don't try to impress them with buzz words, they'll see through it. Just be logical.

Interview Question – Describe a perfect process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Business Operations Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview Details – I interviewed through campus recruiting. We had a hour first round interview that was two parts -- one was a 30 min case and another was 30 min fit. I interviewed with two different people. The fit interview was pretty standard. The case was interviewer led and based off a packet that they walked you through. Very straight forward. You need to be comfortable with analyzing charts and spreadsheets quickly. Market share is something to very comfortable discussing.

I was invited to the final round in Evanston. Two cases similar to the first round and a fit interview along with lunch and a walk through with a BOA. It was a good experience, and I would have liked working there.

Interview Question – They had an "analytical case" that expected you to break down the process of a sales company and resolve management issues.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Operations Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2012.

Interview Details – Four stages
1. Aptitude Test - Math, English, Logical Reasoning
2. Group Discussion
3. Behavioral Interview
4. Final Interview

Interview Question – Role playing a client call   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via school career fair and was asked to have an on-campus interview with one consultant and one manager. The on-campus interview was total one-hour long, which consisted of half an hour behavioral and half an hour case interview. After a week, I got a phone call as I was invited to the on-site interview. The on-site interview was 5-hour long. I was interviewed with five different people and also included a lunch with some of the associates working there. Basically, the interview was consisted of both behavioral, one mini case study, and one 40min case study. Although I didn't get the offer, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – Give an example of when there were some conflicts among your team and how you managed to resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ZS Associates in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed on two separate days. The first day consisted of a one-on-one behavioral interview, where we discussed my work history and habits and other standard interview fare. There was also a case-study interview on the first day, and the case was relatively easy. It mostly involved scanning data for errors and offering suggestions for improved process flow. The next day I was invited back for a second round of interviews.

The second round of interviews was about a week or so after the first round, and there were two case-studies, a one-on-one behavioral interview with a principal, a demonstration session, and a one-on-one lunch. The whole process lasted about five hours. The cases in the second round were considerably more difficult, and were apparently fairly representative of the work the company does. I honestly found the cases to be dull, and I did not excel on them. As a result, I did not receive an offer.

I commend ZS for the speed of the process. I received a call the day after the second round with their decision. Everyone I met was friendly and honest about their work. The person who took me to lunch told me that he really did not like his job, which was helpful. I realize that this might sound like sour grapes, but I am fairly certain that even if I had received an offer I would have declined. It seems like really boring and time-consuming work that does not make a positive contribution to the world at large.

Interview Question – One of the case studies concerned reorganizing a pharmaceutical sales staff, and essentially boiled down to how I would downsize the department.   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in July 2013.

Interview Details – Case Studies and General questions.. More emphasis on Case studies.. Tht matter for about 70% of job selection ! If you can solve the cases.. you will get through ! Also be confident !

Interview Question – Number of badminton rackets sold in india !   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Business Operations Associate

I applied online - interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

Interview Details – It starts with one Aptitude test which is pretty easy. Then the interview consists of three rounds.
1) Case study Interview
2)Guesstimates Interview.
3) Principal interview

Interview Question – Questions in Case study   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2010.

Interview Details – I dont remember the exact details but it was based on a poorly formed case study that neede d to be solved

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview Details – Applied Off campus. Got shortlisted for online written test held by Aspiring Minds, the test mainly consisted of 4 sections:: English, Quantitative, Logical Reasoning and Puzzles. They were of fairly easy level but only time constraint was there. After 2 days I got a call from the HR saying that I cleared the written test and I would be called to their Pune office for the interviews. At Pune I had 3 rounds of interviews--- Behavioral, Case Study and Principal Interview. Each interview round has rejections. It started off with the case study interview in which a Case containing a pharmaceutical company was given with a lot of graphs and tables and questions were asked on this. The Case wasn't difficult but the time allotted for solving the case was minimal... after the written case I had a interview with a Consultant who grilled me on the Case Study and looked at my approach for solving the questions but at the same time was very helpful and friendly, the interview lasted for about 40 mins..... Next I was in for the behavioral interview in which the interviewer asked me everything from my resume and a guesstimate question in the end, the questions were trained at analyzing how much I knew about the role i had applied and why I wanted to switch my sector.... Lastly after clearing the 2 interviews I was in for the Principal Interview, this is also a rejection round as out of 5 he cleared only 3 for being placed!! Here he again tries to understand you and your way of thinking and he practically grilled me on how well I know about myself and about various scenarios in life I had been through from most stressful work time to my role on being a achiever..... After this I was told by the HR that I was cleared and placed!!! One thing I noticed about the company was their awesome hospitality given and friendly HR's..

Interview Question – Estimate the number of cars in Kolkata?Asked in behavioral interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at ZS Associates

Worked for ZS Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ZS Associates Business Operations Associate interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by ZS Associates employees and interview candidates.