ZS Associates Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

4.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Round one interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case) - both were with a manager or principal, Round two interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute unstructured case, Panel case), Behavioral for both was with a principal and was general questions about working with teams, handing a difficult situation, being thorough with my work, etc. The case in round 1 was with a manager and was truly testing my ability to think on my feet. It was a dialogue at times with the manager who was really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ZS has a great offer package

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Professional, thorough, and standard interviewing process including many quick 30 to 45 minutes interviews over the phone. Knowledgable HR staff about the company and fully answer all my questions about the position

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview follow by a mock interview and research case study   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute quantitative case study. Followed by a 30 minute qualitative case study. The interviewers were friendly but definitely wanted direct and accurate answers to the questions being asked.

Interview Questions

• The quantitative question involved market sizing and expected growth. Study basic case study questions and you will be able to tackle them. The qualitative questions definitely rely a lot on talking about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in October 2013.

Interview

Campus Interview with case and experience interview. Case was interviewer led.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you changed the culture within an organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 individuals, one was a manager, the other was a principal. The principal interview went good. My first interview was with the manager. He was the one that presented me with the case. He had 3 problems 1) He had a very heavy accent, which made it hard to follow his thought process 2) He became upset after a while, at least that's what I felt 3) He refused to offer any help in the case, so when I answered the first part correct he wanted more of an answer in his head. When I couldn't reach his same conclusion things just went downhill after that. Another thing that deeply bothered me was that I was promised to interview with someone else, and I found out on site that they changed my schedule.

Interview Questions

• The case was structured, which threw me off especially since I had an interviewer that had a terribly heavy accent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Princeton, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen done by HR person and then 2 rounds of interviews in person with managers and partners within the organization. Good opportunity to meet other individuals at the same level as well. Another consultant took me out to lunch and that was really helpful. THe consultant had a very similar background to me, likely chosen by design.

Interview Questions

• Case analysis with presentation of materials. when I interviewed it was done on transparencies but now I believe it is ppt.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was solid so no negotiation needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

ZS management are very bright, high performing individuals. You will impress them the most by showing you are a smart, down to earth individual.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific steps regarding how to structure a certain project.   1 Answer
    • What particular law or state regulation that imacts my job bothers me the most and would I like to change it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

ZS made me an excellent and very competitive offer. They didn't give me a reason to do much negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (Ithaca, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The company seems to have a positive work environment and general positive atmosphere. The interview consisted of a 1:1 behavioral portion for 30 minutes followed by a 30 minute 1:1 skills assessment. Anyone with a basic economics background should be able to answer the questions although there were a few tricks to them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we are different from other consulting firms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

There are two rounds of case interviews with a behavioral fit in the final round. Focus on structuring the case.

Interview Questions

• How would you price a burger at a new fast-food chain restaurant?   Answer Question

Compensation was low.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Case round, Personal Interview, Principal round - Each of these rounds were conducted by fairly senior people and provided insights about how the company works. The case consists of some project / graph related things from ZS. The Personal interview was most focused on skills etc and the Principal round is more of fit interview