ZS Associates

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I received a phone call to set up a time for an initial interview. While I offered to come in, the procedure dictated that the first interview be conducted over the phone, with a screen sharing program to relay information pertaining to the case (the basis of the interview).

Interview Questions
  • The case was pretty straight forward, and my impression was that the interviewer was trying to gain an impression of general math skills. The most awkward part of the interview however, was using the screen share to conduct a case interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Intern Interview

Recruiting was done through the university career website. The first round interview consisted of twenty minutes of behavioral and fit questions. Then, you get switched to another interviewer for the case interview. Most people finish in about twenty or so minutes. If successful, you are called in for subsequent rounds at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. Pretty standard fit questions, and the case interview was about a new drug and whether or not to take it to market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in March 2011.

First round was two interviews one behavioral, one case. The case was extremely simple and the interviewer led the whole thing which doesn't leave much room to demonstrate your intelligence. The second round was 4 interviews and lunch. The second case was similar in format to the first but with more math where you had to create an equation to solve for a variable. I screwed up the math pretty badly but I guess I did well enough on the fit portion.

Interview Questions
    • Case was about skin care company that wanted to a launch a new product   Answer Question

The fact that they still gave me an offer after I screwed up on the case seemed really fishy and was definitely a turn off. I ended up going with a better offer.

Intern Interview

Case study was straightforward basic mathematical questions

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

The interview staff was very kind and professional, even going so far as to fly me internationally in for final round interviews.

The interviews are very data heavy. Instead of a normal case, they simply give you a slide and ask you to answer a question written on the slide. It's about being able to read graphs.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was when they give you 40 minutes to prepare and present a presentation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in March 2012.

Very clear communication throughout the interview process. The interview styles were unique to ZS (interviewer has a case pack with different slides, you analyze the info, come up with a recommendation), and designed to test your critical thinking and logical thought process as well as your communication of these thoughts. So case interview prep is helpful, but only to understand what interviewers are looking for in a candidate. Very, very friendly people throughout the interview process though.