ZS Associates Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

4.0

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. The first one was fit. I don't recall anything being too difficult there, but I remember it ended quite short of the 30 minute mark. The case was extremely hard. There were very confusing charts with weird numbers that I haven't seen before. The case was about introducing a new product and how to analyze the data for it. The interviewer was really nice and wanted me to get it right but I couldn't really get through it. Overall people seemed really nice at the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked to interpret numbers on a very difficult chart. Not simple profit/loss calculations but had concepts nestled inside other concepts.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ZS Associates

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a phone call to set up a time for an initial interview. While I offered to come in, the procedure dictated that the first interview be conducted over the phone, with a screen sharing program to relay information pertaining to the case (the basis of the interview).

Interview Questions

• The case was pretty straight forward, and my impression was that the interviewer was trying to gain an impression of general math skills. The most awkward part of the interview however, was using the screen share to conduct a case interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recruiting was done through the university career website. The first round interview consisted of twenty minutes of behavioral and fit questions. Then, you get switched to another interviewer for the case interview. Most people finish in about twenty or so minutes. If successful, you are called in for subsequent rounds at the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Pretty standard fit questions, and the case interview was about a new drug and whether or not to take it to market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1- One case interview and one behavioral interview. Interviews were conducted by managers and partners. Round 2- One case interview, one behavioral interview, and one written case presentation. The case and behavioral interview was conducted by partners. For the written case I was given a deck of about 30 slides and a problem statement. I had 45 minutes to go through the information and create a power-point presentation that presented my analysis and solutions. I then had a few minutes to present to two managers, followed by a questions. I interviewed on-campus for round 1 and in Evanston for round 2.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging person   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

First round was two interviews one behavioral, one case. The case was extremely simple and the interviewer led the whole thing which doesn't leave much room to demonstrate your intelligence. The second round was 4 interviews and lunch. The second case was similar in format to the first but with more math where you had to create an equation to solve for a variable. I screwed up the math pretty badly but I guess I did well enough on the fit portion.

Interview Questions

• Case was about skin care company that wanted to a launch a new product   Answer Question

The fact that they still gave me an offer after I screwed up on the case seemed really fishy and was definitely a turn off. I ended up going with a better offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Case study was straightforward basic mathematical questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

The interview staff was very kind and professional, even going so far as to fly me internationally in for final round interviews. The interviews are very data heavy. Instead of a normal case, they simply give you a slide and ask you to answer a question written on the slide. It's about being able to read graphs.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was when they give you 40 minutes to prepare and present a presentation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in March 2012.

Interview

Very clear communication throughout the interview process. The interview styles were unique to ZS (interviewer has a case pack with different slides, you analyze the info, come up with a recommendation), and designed to test your critical thinking and logical thought process as well as your communication of these thoughts. So case interview prep is helpful, but only to understand what interviewers are looking for in a candidate. Very, very friendly people throughout the interview process though.