ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.6

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ZS Associates.

The first round consisted of two - 30 minute telephonic behavioral and case study interviews. Behavioral interview was pretty standard questions. The interviewer dialed 10 minutes late resulting in only 20 minutes for the interview. I had to cut short on all answers to make sure we finished on time. The interviewer was kind enough to give me opportunity to ask him 2 questions in the end.
    The case study was not difficult but lengthy. And the way it was conducted, I didn't find it professional at all. The interviewer directly started with his reason to call me and then quickly ran over 6 slides in 5 minutes via webex. He then asked me to start framing my answer and that he would return in 15 minutes. I had only 15 minutes to read through each slide, understand the questions and it was asked to prepare step by step detailed answer. Hence, I started creating the graphs and calculating each data point. There were approx. 8 DB tables to use to generate the 2 charts. I personally felt for 15 minutes there was lot to do especially when you ask someone to come up with detailed explanation. Once I started answering the questions, I found out the interviewer was only looking for high level explanation and not how the slides asked for a detailed methodical answer. The interviewer should have cleared it in the beginning. It would have saved my time framing the answers properly than concentrating on getting those detailed data points correct. Also, towards the end there was no opportunity to ask any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Q. How would you handle a task given to you on a Friday afternoon by your superior / client manager?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates.

The interview process was a 45 minute phone interview. The first part was behavioral but the majority of the time was spent on a case study. It was a market sizing question and then a market entry analysis case study. I never heard back from that interview which I found extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very little about my resume and mostly focused on the case study.   View Answer

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

I got contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn. After basic screening I was scheduled for first round which consisted of Behavioral and Case study. Couple of days later I got an email saying that I am shortlisted for the onsite round. They flew me to Evanston for the Super day. The onsite round consisted of four back to back interviews. One Behavioral, One Analytical and Two Case interviews.
    The very next day I got an email saying that I have been shortlisted.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

The interview was held on campus and was broken up into a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was more of a conversation, and the interviewer seemed deeply interested in everything I had to say. The case interview was both qualitative and quantitative. I would suggest you practice mental math and percentages before you attempt to interview with ZS .

Business Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

First on campus, half hour behavioral, half hour case. Friendly people (consulting manager for behavioral, consultant for case).

Invited to interview on site in san mateo. Whole day process. Lunch with an associate, "demo" with associate where she showed me a sample deliverable (real slides) and explained what the job is like, unstructured case with a higher up manager, just described some of the things I would do to help her find a certain market size. Next, behavioral with a principal ~45 minutes. Really nice people all around. Finished off with a structured case with an associate. Was given 45 minutes to read some slides and prepare, then 30 minutes to talk about it with the associate and he helped me through some parts and asked lots of questions to see how I think.

Overall exhausting process, but rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when the right thing wasn't the popular thing, and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

There were two 30 minute interviews. The first one was fit. I don't recall anything being too difficult there, but I remember it ended quite short of the 30 minute mark. The case was extremely hard. There were very confusing charts with weird numbers that I haven't seen before. The case was about introducing a new product and how to analyze the data for it. The interviewer was really nice and wanted me to get it right but I couldn't really get through it. Overall people seemed really nice at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to interpret numbers on a very difficult chart. Not simple profit/loss calculations but had concepts nestled inside other concepts.   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

The HR Manager set up a phone interview that consisted of a behavioral interview and a case interview. The case interview was first and is performed by a peer. I had to log into a program that synched the interviewer's computer with mine as he showed me slides from the case filled with information. Each slide required recommendations and calculations. I was asked to analyze an acne cream and sales numbers verse competitors, figure out market share, net profit margin, and more all mentally and the figures were in billions. Took about an hour and a half. Next was the behavioral interview (right after the case) with a Business Associate Consultant. He asks general behavioral and situational questions. Took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time where you assumed the leadership role?   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2015.

Received a round 1 phone interview offer which consisted of a 30-minute fit/behavioral component. Starting the interview with this makes the candidate more comfortable with the person they're interviewing with. The second 30-minute component is comprised of a case.

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied for a job on Sept 17th for various locations and was chosen for the SF office interviews. Was approached by an HR person, who was very professional and friendly. Agreeing that I have the right background, she scheduled the first round of interviews for the first week of October. Following the schedule, I spent 30 min with a partner discussing team work and my approach to work related situations - behavioral interview. The business case interview was scheduled separately, in two weeks time, and I spent another 30 min solving an unstructured business case, estimating the patients pool for Myeloblastoma in the US. This is a typical market sizing exercise - pretty basic if you have experience in pharma/biotech forecasting/modeling. I have not had any feedback for weeks and decided that they will not pursue with my candidacy when, in a month, I received an invitation for the second, final rounds of interview, for which I gave my consent. Because I was interviewing for the San Mateo office, I assumed that they would fly me to the area but they decided to send me to NJ, although my location is Boston. I have been in contact with 3 admin assistants, trying to work out the details. Finally I received the agenda for the meeting but not in NJ, Princeton but in MA, Boston. This interview was scheduled for December, just right before Thanksgiving. It suppose to be one business case interview, one panel interview, and the behavioral interview with the partner. When I arrived to the office, they notified me that I am 45 min early. I showed my itineraries and they apologized, claiming that the admin in the NJ office forgot to send me the right time. The business case was pretty basic, unstructured; I had lots of fun, conversing with the Associate from the San Mateo office. The case was a pharma case, sizing the post - resectable breast cancer patients segment eligible for the reconstructive surgery. The second part was a panel interview estimating strategy for increasing the bottom line and assuring the steady growth of a wine pub chain in the UK. It was fun as well, lots of data but pretty basic and straight forward. The third part, the behavioral interview was canceled, and rescheduled for the following day. The partner from the NJ office called me and we discussed various difficult situation that consultants encounter with the clients. All in all, I had a good feeling about my performance. It has been almost 2 months and I have not heard anything from them. The whole process is taking almost 5 months and I am not sure if they ever would contact me back.

Interview Questions
    • Mathematical relation b/w incidence & prevalence?

Answer Question
    • What assumptions would be applicable when estimating the eligible pts for a procedure vs. diagnosed?   Answer Question
    • If the client is having difficulties to understand a certain concept, making it difficult to continue with the presentation. Your team has time constrains and you need to move on, what would be your actions?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Applied through Campus - Three rounds - an initial online test, written case study and interview, followed by a behavioral interview. The case study was easy but long, had lots of charts and figures and one had to calculate certain things. The interview was good, one had to explain the case study results. The behavioral interview was mainly resume based.