ZS Associates Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
305 interviews

3.6

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2014.

TOTAL 5 ROUNDS
    1 Written test (online) conducted by amcat
    2 Case study
    3 Behaviour interview
    4 Case interview
    5 HR interview.totally 250 students wrote the test.52 cleared the written test and finally 8 got the offers.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied on the website and heard back shortly for a phone interview. Phone interview was half case and half behavioral. After phone interview, later that day was invited for final round interview in office. Final round interview was 5 hours long and consisted of 4 1:1 meetings and lunch. One meeting was behavioral, one was a what to expect presentation, and two were case related.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were straightforward as long as you took your time and thought logically.   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2011.

1. Initial phone screen with recruiter
    2. Mini pharma case over skype with a Consultant Level interviewer
    3. Onsite interview with five people and lunch with peers. (Including a full case, mini case, behavioral and meeting with managing principle of the office)

Whole process took about 3-4 weeks and was very structured and smooth. Probably one of the best organized interviews I have had.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions that were out of the ordinary. The only thing that I'd strongly suggest is that you be comfortable with some key terms for pharma/biotech and that you practice cases with another person (as opposed to doing them alone). The case is pretty structured and has some easy math. Stay confident throughout the case, even if you have difficulties.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate unless you are in-market hire.

Project Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

I was approached by the HR department via LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the HR person and then had an interview in the San Mateo office. I was there for 3 hours, and met with 7 different people. They told me I'd hear from them within two weeks. I never received a response, via email, phone call, or otherwise. Due to their lack of communication I figured out that I wasn't going to get the position. It was cemented when I saw them re-advertise the position online.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about stepping into a job whose role hasn't been completely defined yet?   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in July 2014.

Communicated with HR based off European office for position in another European office. Was via employee referral and interviewed in a US office. The referral to interview took approx. 1 month and had behavioral interview via phone with a manager from European office (standard questions). Analytical interview with principal in US office. Case about a new cancer drug about to be released in market with LOADS of calculations. Non-traditional case interview since case material and calculation to be done provided as printed slides. Heard back the same day that was through to the second round but later offer was retracted citing strange language considerations, work permit reasons and even stranger was the fact that they offered a position to a non-European candidate recently and they did not want to offer another one now! They must have known all this before hand then why put me through this process at all?!? Strange and I did not enjoy this process.

Intern Interview

Recruiting was done through the university career website. The first round interview consisted of twenty minutes of behavioral and fit questions. Then, you get switched to another interviewer for the case interview. Most people finish in about twenty or so minutes. If successful, you are called in for subsequent rounds at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. Pretty standard fit questions, and the case interview was about a new drug and whether or not to take it to market.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Questions based on the experience from your resume, many behavioral questions, such as: tell me about your experience to overcome a difficulty in a group, what's your weakness and strengthens.

Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

I applied for an enterprise postion. I had 3 interviews total...it was a little excessive. I spent 2 afternoons there doing interviews. I was impressed that I interviewed with a principal although I don't know if it was necessary.
    I like that they have a case study that is very relevant to the work I do. I don't think it is necessary to bring work samples.

Reasonable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in September 2010.

We interview in two rounds and focus on a multi-step business case to understand the ability of candidates to do our normal work. Many candidates are good at the case but say something dumb in the behavioral, e.g. one day I want to be a manager at a biotech, ZS will help me get there (should have said I want to be a consultant, I am interested in consulting).

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer notoriously asks "Any questions?" And nothing else.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates.

First round was a computer based test with basic math/english/logical reasoning questions. This was followed by a group discussion and then a case study. The final rounds were principal and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Related to the case study that was given. Need to spend time understanding it and thinking of all possible questions .   Answer Question
    Since in my case it was a campus placement there was no negotiation.

Worked for ZS Associates? Contribute to the Community!