ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.6

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in June 2013.

Behavioral and short case phone interview
    Half day onsite interview where you meet with 4-5 people at different levels and conduct 40-60 minute behavioral/case interviews. There is also a demonstration of the work with someone at your level.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in life sciences health care consulting specifically?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. 1 week to accept.

Associate Interview

I got an interview opportunity through internal referral. One phone interview and on-site interview in the following week. On the phone interview HR asked basic questions, behavioral & typical. In the on-site interview I was asked some questions like guessing

Interview Questions
    • They showed me an excel sheet and ask to find some error?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2014.

Applied for fall cycle; received off-cycle response ~6 months later. Opened with an initial phone screen with HR, followed by phone interview with a manager and a phone case interview with a consultant. Passed that round and was called in to the main office. Main office round consisted of lunch with an associate, fit interview with a principal, written case interview, demonstration from a current BAA, then a final interview with senior staff.

The phone case would have been trivial if I hadn't been nervous and had taken her up on the offer to use Excel.
    The written case was 40 minutes for 4 questions; they were very surprised I got to the end of the 3rd. I would have finished the whole thing but I got sidetracked.
    The final interview was a combo of basic fit interview and a case in disguise. I didn't realize it was a case until fairly far in, by which time I was basically screwed.

Interview Questions
    • "You're trying to figure out where to put a Banana Republic. What do you consider for placing it?"
      "You've made $100k from the BR and want to loan it out. How do you decide terms and eligibility for the loan?"
        View Answer

Business Analytics Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied on the website and heard back shortly for a phone interview. Phone interview was half case and half behavioral. After phone interview, later that day was invited for final round interview in office. Final round interview was 5 hours long and consisted of 4 1:1 meetings and lunch. One meeting was behavioral, one was a what to expect presentation, and two were case related.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were straightforward as long as you took your time and thought logically.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates in August 2014.

TOTAL 5 ROUNDS
    1 Written test (online) conducted by amcat
    2 Case study
    3 Behaviour interview
    4 Case interview
    5 HR interview.totally 250 students wrote the test.52 cleared the written test and finally 8 got the offers.

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2011.

1. Initial phone screen with recruiter
    2. Mini pharma case over skype with a Consultant Level interviewer
    3. Onsite interview with five people and lunch with peers. (Including a full case, mini case, behavioral and meeting with managing principle of the office)

Whole process took about 3-4 weeks and was very structured and smooth. Probably one of the best organized interviews I have had.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions that were out of the ordinary. The only thing that I'd strongly suggest is that you be comfortable with some key terms for pharma/biotech and that you practice cases with another person (as opposed to doing them alone). The case is pretty structured and has some easy math. Stay confident throughout the case, even if you have difficulties.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate unless you are in-market hire.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

I was approached by the HR department via LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the HR person and then had an interview in the San Mateo office. I was there for 3 hours, and met with 7 different people. They told me I'd hear from them within two weeks. I never received a response, via email, phone call, or otherwise. Due to their lack of communication I figured out that I wasn't going to get the position. It was cemented when I saw them re-advertise the position online.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about stepping into a job whose role hasn't been completely defined yet?   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in July 2014.

Communicated with HR based off European office for position in another European office. Was via employee referral and interviewed in a US office. The referral to interview took approx. 1 month and had behavioral interview via phone with a manager from European office (standard questions). Analytical interview with principal in US office. Case about a new cancer drug about to be released in market with LOADS of calculations. Non-traditional case interview since case material and calculation to be done provided as printed slides. Heard back the same day that was through to the second round but later offer was retracted citing strange language considerations, work permit reasons and even stranger was the fact that they offered a position to a non-European candidate recently and they did not want to offer another one now! They must have known all this before hand then why put me through this process at all?!? Strange and I did not enjoy this process.

Intern Interview

Recruiting was done through the university career website. The first round interview consisted of twenty minutes of behavioral and fit questions. Then, you get switched to another interviewer for the case interview. Most people finish in about twenty or so minutes. If successful, you are called in for subsequent rounds at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. Pretty standard fit questions, and the case interview was about a new drug and whether or not to take it to market.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Questions based on the experience from your resume, many behavioral questions, such as: tell me about your experience to overcome a difficulty in a group, what's your weakness and strengthens.

Interview Questions

Worked for ZS Associates? Contribute to the Community!