ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.5

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview, i was been told that it will be 30 minutes technical questions, however, it end up being asked behavior questions and I didn't even prepared behavior questions

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ZS Associates in April 2015.

Interview

Began with a quick phone-screen (15-20), mostly to set up the first round interview. First round was split behavioral/case. Case interview was done in Webex, so download it ahead of time and make sure it works. Interviewer shows you slides but you do the explaining over the phone. When they say it "works best" in IE, that means it *only works* in Internet Explorer. Not sure how it would work for Macs. Case was pretty straightforward, some math; interviewer would point to where my numbers didn't match up and let me rework it. Think he was mostly looking to see that my thought process was in the right direction. Final round in the office a few days later, consisting of 1 written case, 1 regular case (market sizing question), 1 behavioral, 1 demo/presentation, and lunch. With the written case, they give you data charts with a couple questions to answer, leave you to work it out, then come back 30-40min later to go over the answers and ask you more questions. Interviewer was really nice and helped point me in the right direction when I was stuck. The demo was a brief overview of the work they do, but before explaining key parts, the presenter (interviewer?) first asked me "how would you go about doing this". Again, seemed like he wanted to see if we were thinking on the same wavelength. Everyone was really nice, more concerned about if you're smart and can think about things than specific skills. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging or interesting thing you did at [plucked a past job from my resume]?   Answer Question
    • When have you taken a leadership role in a team?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Round one interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case) - both were with a manager or principal, Round two interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute unstructured case, Panel case), Behavioral for both was with a principal and was general questions about working with teams, handing a difficult situation, being thorough with my work, etc. The case in round 1 was with a manager and was truly testing my ability to think on my feet. It was a dialogue at times with the manager who was really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ZS has a great offer package

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

The first round consisted of two - 30 minute telephonic behavioral and case study interviews. Behavioral interview was pretty standard questions. The interviewer dialed 10 minutes late resulting in only 20 minutes for the interview. I had to cut short on all answers to make sure we finished on time. The interviewer was kind enough to give me opportunity to ask him 2 questions in the end. The case study was not difficult but lengthy. And the way it was conducted, I didn't find it professional at all. The interviewer directly started with his reason to call me and then quickly ran over 6 slides in 5 minutes via webex. He then asked me to start framing my answer and that he would return in 15 minutes. I had only 15 minutes to read through each slide, understand the questions and it was asked to prepare step by step detailed answer. Hence, I started creating the graphs and calculating each data point. There were approx. 8 DB tables to use to generate the 2 charts. I personally felt for 15 minutes there was lot to do especially when you ask someone to come up with detailed explanation. Once I started answering the questions, I found out the interviewer was only looking for high level explanation and not how the slides asked for a detailed methodical answer. The interviewer should have cleared it in the beginning. It would have saved my time framing the answers properly than concentrating on getting those detailed data points correct. Also, towards the end there was no opportunity to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you handle a task given to you on a Friday afternoon by your superior / client manager?   Answer Question

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their website and got a call for a screening interview with the HR. ---the screening process was straightforward from the resume and they just wanted to check if my resume matches the requirement that they have After a few days i got a call for a first round interview ----this interview was two part telephonic and thru webex the telephonice round was all behavioral (you can note down the questions asked in this forum to be well prepared for it the second part was on webex where they give you a case, it was not technical but they wanted basic sql knowledge as normalization and how would u better the data they have provided. it was straightforward. then i got a call for an onsite interview in San mateo ---it consisted of 3 interviews Analytical-- it is based on your resume but its more detailed and they want to know how your experience matches with the opening they have....they dive deep into your resume to see if you have that experience they are looking for, so prepare your resume well the second interview was with a principle and was behavioral( again make a note of all the questions mentioned here they ask from the same lot of questions) after that i had a lunch with an employee this was casual but you should show your interest about the company and ask a lot of questions. After that was the main case interview which lasted for 45 mins, they first give you a case and let you go through it for the first 15 mins and then a consultant comes in and asks you questions on that. tip- learn KPI's for every domain and how would you build reports which will be helpful for the managers to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where the popular decision and the right decision were diffrent and how did you go about it   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn. After basic screening I was scheduled for first round which consisted of Behavioral and Case study. Couple of days later I got an email saying that I am shortlisted for the onsite round. They flew me to Evanston for the Super day. The onsite round consisted of four back to back interviews. One Behavioral, One Analytical and Two Case interviews. The very next day I got an email saying that I have been shortlisted.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Professional, thorough, and standard interviewing process including many quick 30 to 45 minutes interviews over the phone. Knowledgable HR staff about the company and fully answer all my questions about the position

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview follow by a mock interview and research case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ZS Associates (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Got sent a website where applicant had to record video answering easy questions and then you would get called for a second round interview with someone from the office

Interview Questions

• What music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. I was screened by this HR person, and finally got the interview with 2 people from the company. The first person who interviewed me (by phone) asked non relevant questions about my past. At the end he told me I was not suitable for the position as a consultant - it would be a demanding 60 hours a week job. But he never made the relevant questions! If he had, he would know I am used to work over 60 hours a week on my actual job. That totally messed me up for the second phone interview - happening with a 15 min break between them.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel in the beginning of your student life?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

The interview process was a 45 minute phone interview. The first part was behavioral but the majority of the time was spent on a case study. It was a market sizing question and then a market entry analysis case study. I never heard back from that interview which I found extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Asked very little about my resume and mostly focused on the case study.   1 Answer