ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.6

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2013.

Campus Interview with case and experience interview. Case was interviewer led.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you changed the culture within an organization.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZS Associates.

It's one of the most difficult consulting interviews I have encountered and I've interviewed with most of the major firms. They look for people who have great analytical abilities so it's good to show that during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Given a lot of data then need to prepare a ppt within 40 mins and present it to a panel of managers and partners.   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ZS Associates in April 2013.

Applied through OCR. Two rounds, cases and fit questions in each round. Tricky cases - primarily interviewer led. Cases in the biopharmaceutical industry.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in September 2009.

Interview was tough, no question about it. But also doable. Have confidence in yourself even if you don't know how to answer a question, think aloud and work through the problem verbally. Don't let your guard down, you are always being interviewed while you are there. Process was one campus interview, followed by an on site interview. Campus interview had 2 parts, behavioral and case. On site was a round robin of ~6 sessions.

Interview Questions
    • How many barbers would you estimate are in the city of Philadelphia and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

BT Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Ok

Interview Questions
    • How would you build an operational amplifier using only diodes?   View Answer
    Standard pricing

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in June 2011.

Two interviews in the process. One is by phone, and is done in two parts. The first part is a standard interview (about your education, experience, etc), and the second part consists of a small case study, followed by a discussion of your answers and thought process. the second interview is a day long interview done in the office. You will meet with people at each level (associate, consultant, etc), and it is a similar experience to the phone interview (a mix of typical interviews with case studies thrown in). At this point there is also a written case study.

Interview Questions
    • How do you choose between two locations to place a new store   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was given a contract and accepted

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ZS Associates.

I have to say this is the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

I applied this position online, and the recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview a week after I applied. The interview is supposed to be two parts: behavioral questions and case interview. On the scheduled day, the recruiter told me the hiring manager had some emergency, so the first part is canceled. But I still had the case interview. I waited for around 20 minutes after the scheduled time. Someone finally called me, saying that he didn't have time to do the case interview with me.

So the next day, the recruiter contacted me again to schedule for another phone interview. I waited for 30 minutes. Again, the guy didn't call me to do the case interview, and there was no explanation at all. Luckily, the hiring manager called me this time. He asked many behavioral questions, but you can find those questions online if you have done your research. Then the next week, the recruiter called me, saying that they would not continue the interview process.
    I just lost my interest in this company. Please show some respect to other people. It is not fun to waste people's time, and I won't enjoy working in such team any way.

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at ZS Associates.

Applied through their online site in October. Got a callback in March.
    I was not impressed with firm itself. I had another job deadline and HR would not help expedite the process.
    Interview consisted of a case study on WebEx, which did not work the first time. Case study involves lots of number crunching on the fly.
    All in all, the process was very unprofessional.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2009.

Met the company through campus recruiting. Their recruiting team is very professional, and they after a campus interview I was invited to the on-site interview. I had lunch with one of the employees and had a chance to get to know about their work. On site interview included meeting with a variety of managers and associates, some doing the case interviews, some doing a company fit conversations.

Operations Delivery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ZS Associates in January 2013.

At first I got an email from HR asking me to set up a phone interview. It was very simple and quick, basically just a little about myself and learning about the position. About a month later, they contacted me to set up a follow up phone interview. This was about an hour, split into two parts, a half hour case study (They emailed the materials for it at the start of the interview) and a half hour behavioral portion. A month after that I got a phone call from HR saying that they decided to not hire at all for the position after all.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways have you made a process more efficient/streamlined?   Answer Question