ZS Associates

3.6

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates in December 2014.

There was an initial aptitude test, on being short-listed, I was called for the interview process in the next week.

The interview started an hour later than the time mentioned. Also had to wait for the case discussion as the person supposed to interview me had not yet arrived.

The process consisted of 3 rounds:

1.Case Study- 30 minutes to solve and 20-30 minutes to discuss 1:1.

2.Behavioral Interview.

3.Cultural Fit.

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates.

There were 2 rounds. 1st round was a telephonic interview by hiring manager and 2nd round was at their office in Pune. 2nd round was for a full day- with 4 interviews including 1 case study presentation.

1st round was primarily knowing you and understand what kind of projects one has worked upon. Involves explaining 2 projects in detail.

2nd round at pune office had 4 interviews: past projects+stats, personal/behavioral, cultural fit, case study presentation. I think the first interview was important here and next intervieers form their judgement base on this/ and verify that.

Interview Questions
    • commonly ask question in case study- what were the recommendations and how did that impacted business?   Answer Question
    • cultural fit: How will you influence others who do not report to you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZS Associates in September 2014.

First an online test conducted by AMCAT. It is fairly easy. After that u are given with a case study question in the next round. After that CV probe and guesstimate and at last an interview with top management, an HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The interview process for us at ZS was like this
    Apti->[Case Study->Case interview (based on the case study)]->HR interview (resume and guesstimates and stuff)->Principal interview (the boss of your profile)
    You qualify to the next round only if you've cleared the previous round. (Case study and case interview are clubbed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in August 2014.

I applied through online portal and interviewed at ZS Associates.
    Round 1-Written test- which is pretty easy to crack
    Round 2- Case Study- focus on ur ideas about the case, giving examples helps a lot
    Round 3- Behavioural interview, mostly guesttimate questions and about ur resume
    Round 4- Interview with Principal

Do have a vague idea about quality check and quality analysis

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates in July 2014.

The hiring process included an aptitude test which was average.
    It was followed by a case study with a detailed interview on the same.
    The case study interview was then followed by an HR and Technical interview, combined.
    overall the difficulty level was average.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple. Asked me few algos and teasers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotition. The salary was already decided by them as it was a campus interview.

General Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates.

There would be a written test with questions testing quantitative skills of the candidate after which 3 rounds of interviews would be conducted. The first round would be a case study round where a lot of data is given in the form of tables (printed on paper). The candidate would be asked to draw out meaningful conclusions from the data and point out possible data errors. There would be one more round to test the attitude of the candidate (behavioral round). The final interview would be the principal interview (taken by one of the principals of the firm). This may vary from candidate to candidate. Mostly a mixture of behavioral questions + some questions testing analytical skills (noted in the next section)

Interview Questions
    • A bell curve was draw on paper (the lower most part of the bell was above 0 (the curve has a y-intercept >0). The y-axis showed sales of a drug whereas x-axis showed number of sales people. I was asked to explain the curve's shape and the logical reason behind it.   View Answer
    This was a campus interview and so negotiation was not allowed based on campus rules

Business Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZS Associates in April 2014.

It started with an initial Aptitude test and i got a mail from the HR that i was selected for further rounds. I was called to Pune where i had three rounds in total.
    1st round is a case study round, in which we were given nearly 10 pages of data of a client and 4 questions are to be answered using that data. It was nearly for 45 min followed by a discussion spanning 30 min on how i reached those answers. It is an elimination round and i was able to pass through that. Next was an interview with one of the manager in the track. Mostly puzzles, brain teasers and some questions on my resume and projects i did. The 3rd round is a Principal interview where in a Principal(nearly the top position in ZS) interviewed my culture fit. It was mostly HR kind. the case study round is the deciding factor i feel.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in March 2014.

1. HR calls
    2. Arranges for face to face interview in Pune
    3. In Pune office, first a case study round a manager
    4. Then a general discussion round with a more senior person
    5. Finally a telephonic discussion with a even more senior person.

The package offered was way below my expectation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates in February 2014.

I applied online on their website.
    After a month i got a call for the process.
    1st an online test was conducted at their office which is conducted by aspiring minds which included 4 sections viz., quant, English, logical reasoning and attention to details.
    The result of the test was declared within 4 days and i was called for the further rounds after 2 days.
    the next procedure included 3 interviews;
    1. Case-study
    2. Behavioral interview
    3. Principal/Fit round
    The process took 6 hours

Interview Questions
    • The number of flights going out of pune airport in a single day and the traffic of passengers   Answer Question