ZS Associates Interview Questions in Pune, India

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather straightforward. After the preliminary online tests I had 3 rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Case Analysis and Review
    There was about 12 pages worth of statistics and data with questions calling for either a quantitative or qualitative answer based on the information. While it wasn't really difficult per se, you do need to be careful with the time you have. There was a sort of review session after that with an interviewer where I had to go through the entire case again with her. They aren't unfair and do give you the opportunity to correct or explore some of your answers. In those 30 minutes, man do you have to multi-task!

Round 2: Resume probe and puzzles
    Once you clear the 1st round, you should probably start to prepare yourself mentally. A resume probe is pretty much what it sounds like. An interviewer with an unreadable face will go over your resume with you, ask you about stuff you had put in there and forgotten to remove when you last updated (even though I updated barely a week before). If you're a fresher, you should really know your FYP (final year project) which shouldn't be too hard if you've done it, I think. People with experience need to go over their past work, their responsibilities, deliverables, why they want to quit and so on. I know this despite being a fresher myself because there were about 4 experienced candidates with me and we got on quite well.
    Almost forgot. Puzzles. Structured and Unstructured. Structured, well you probably know what those are. The usual quant questions and so on. The Unstructured ones are slightly trickier. Depending on what the interviewer is looking for, it may go either way. My interviewer was more interested in getting a reasonable, mathematically based answer once the preliminary assumptions, estimates and reasoning was out of the way. Another candidate, however, had an interviewer who waved off any attempts to arrive at a numerical figure and instead encouraged him to think of different approaches to the same problem. So basically, you better be good.

Round 3: Fit interview
    First off, getting to the final round does NOT mean you're a shoe in. Second, this is NOT some easy chat with a senior level ZS-ee where you talk about your feelings or find yourself blurting your deepest, darkest secret to a charming, sympathetic and warm human being.
    What I mean to say is the interviewer here is tough, perfectly competent and more than capable of gauging your skills. When they say 'Fit into the ZS culture', they mean it. I was asked some tough questions about what I wanted to do and where I saw myself before we moved on to Puzzles. Yes, puzzles. Like I said before, you've got to prepare for this round as if it were quant-based. Just saying, don't loosen up thinking you're through or this is it. Just stay calm and I'm sure you'll make it.

A bit of my experience; I made it to the final round rather easily but not everyone does. In fact, despite all those experienced candidates I was talking about, I was the only to make it. The point is you need to bring your 'A' game and as a transparent fair process, you get your opportunity just as everyone else. However, my Fit Interview didn't go too well. It was close to the end of the day, I was exhausted though confident, thinking if I was the only one, I HAD to get in, right? Not happening. I expected this last round to be a more 'HR-oriented' round. That clearly wasn't the case and I didn't make it.

On a parting note, I'm sure you'll do well. The process is very clear and a little brushing up on those awesome quants skills should be enough. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• There was a question that was simple enough if you break it down. Basically you need to find a pattern, form an algebraic expression and find the maximum value possible. Differentiate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

very easy interview overall.
    All the case questions were from 'Case in point' book. Not even slightest modification !
    you just have to play aong if you have gone through the book atleast once

Interview Questions

• number of petrol pumps in USA.
      Business feasibility question.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds for the interview process once you clear the online test. The first round will be a case study of around 10-12 pages. There will be a few questions and a time of 30-40 minutes to think. Just write down notes for that. You will be given time before the HR to think again if you need time and then explain the answers to him. The 2nd round is a lengthy one. You will be asked a few puzzles(may be one), a few estimation question, a few case studies and then resume based questions. Don't mention anything and everything in your resume to make it look good. Do mention only those things that you can explain before them. The third round will be taken by a principal manager. It's a principal interview where you will be asked questions about your past role, the role you are applying for and a few questions to test your marketing skills. You will learn a lot. They will help you when you are stuck and give you enough time to think.

Interview Questions

• Why did you join your former company as a software engineer when you are interested in this field?   1 Answer

Manager - Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the job. Interview process was smooth, I was well informed throughout the process and everyone I met at the firm are highly qualified professionals with experience in international markets i.e. North America/Europe etc.

HR Screening, followed by four rounds of interviews

1: Unstructured Case Interview
    2: Project Management and Behavioral Questions
    3: Change management and Leadership Skills Questions
    4: Executive Presentation

Interview Questions

• Unstructured case: situations around product entry and sales force optimization strategy for a pharmaceutical client.

Tell me about yourself followed by situational based questions related to the topic of discussion i.e. PM, leadership etc - pretty standard.

The most important drill in these interviewees is trying to understand interviewee's experience in Data Mining and Statistical Analysis (this is what the company does)

1 Answer

BOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

the recruitment process is quite thorough and filters at every stage make sure only the best candidate goes ahead. Interviewers are helpful and make unnerved candidates really comfortable while answering questions.
    1. Written test- aptitude
    2. Case study round
    3. Behavioral interview
    4. HR interview

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about the work and ready to compromise work life balance   Answer Question

Business Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

There was an initial aptitude test, on being short-listed, I was called for the interview process in the next week.

The interview started an hour later than the time mentioned. Also had to wait for the case discussion as the person supposed to interview me had not yet arrived.

The process consisted of 3 rounds:

1.Case Study- 30 minutes to solve and 20-30 minutes to discuss 1:1.

2.Behavioral Interview.

3.Cultural Fit.

Business Analytics Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds. 1st round was a telephonic interview by hiring manager and 2nd round was at their office in Pune. 2nd round was for a full day- with 4 interviews including 1 case study presentation.

1st round was primarily knowing you and understand what kind of projects one has worked upon. Involves explaining 2 projects in detail.

2nd round at pune office had 4 interviews: past projects+stats, personal/behavioral, cultural fit, case study presentation. I think the first interview was important here and next intervieers form their judgement base on this/ and verify that.

Interview Questions

• commonly ask question in case study- what were the recommendations and how did that impacted business?   Answer Question
    • cultural fit: How will you influence others who do not report to you?   Answer Question

Operations Delivery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Campus placement: aptitute (Amcat)(in the college premises)
    Case study followed by two rigorous rounds of HR(at the office)
     Easy business case study, HR includes questions on resume, analytical questions:
     Angle between two hands of clock, 4 identical tablets questions, guesstimates.

Interview Questions

• Genreal questions based on resume
      and at the end, some abalytical questions, guesstimates.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ZS Associates (Pune (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

First an online test conducted by AMCAT. It is fairly easy. After that u are given with a case study question in the next round. After that CV probe and guesstimate and at last an interview with top management, an HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Interview

The interview process for us at ZS was like this
    Apti->[Case Study->Case interview (based on the case study)]->HR interview (resume and guesstimates and stuff)->Principal interview (the boss of your profile)
    You qualify to the next round only if you've cleared the previous round. (Case study and case interview are clubbed)