Zacks Investment Research

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.9

Financial Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

applied online and first phone interview and then on site interview. Two interviewers came to the interview. Nice conversation but you have to show a lot of soft skills including hard skills too.

Interview Questions
    • What's the something new you can bring to the position?   Answer Question

Financial Data Quality Control Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

After two initial phone interviews, I was given a written assignment and an Excel assignment to do at home. Both were relatively simple and representative of the work the position would entail, but were nevertheless time-consuming. After I satisfactorily completed the assignments, I was invited for a final in-person interview, during which I was asked the same questions as in the phone interviews and then had to walk through the two assignments out loud. I was told I did so perfectly, and that the interviewers loved my personality and demeanor and wish they could hire me on the spot. After trying to reach out afterwards, I never ended up being informed of any decision.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zacks Investment Research in May 2014.

Very laid back, only interviewed by two people. Everyone is really nice and if you just read up on the website beforehand and have a good idea of the Zacks Rank process, you'll be fine. Showing an interest in the stock market and having potential for going into sales seems to be most important.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in June 2012.

I was contacted by phone/email. The process was a combination of phone calls and email follow-ups and then an in-person interview. I found the process fresh and exciting - i.e., the experience felt less than traditional interview and hiring experiences I've had. I really enjoyed it!

Interview Questions
    Intense. A lot of back and forth. In the end, I held firm to my beliefs and my 3rd(?) counter offer was accepted.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zacks Investment Research in May 2010.

They call you after reviewing your resume. You go in for an interview and you usually wait for a month to hear a response. It may take longer because they seem to procrastinate with those kinds of things

Interview Questions
    I can't answer that question because I haven't been in that situation to ask.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zacks Investment Research in January 2010.

Interview is generally taken up by the manager himself. As the employer, the potential employees' suitability for the position is assessed. A current topic from the newspaper is asked to be read and then has to be written in one's own language using his/her analytic skills. Sometimes a broker recommendation report on any company traded in the US market is being asked to be read and write in one's own language with analysis. Good writing capability is very much essential.

Product Manager - Zacks.com Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zacks Investment Research in September 2009.

Before any interview took place, they asked for a couple writing samples - one of current recommendations (presumably to see whether candidates knew anything about financial markets and could express their views clearly), and another reviewing the current state of the Zacks.com website.

The first interview was with two managers, and was a basic getting-to-know-you interview. Really nothing in the whole process was too technical. The second interview again involved the same two managers, then separate 1:1 meetings with the head of the company and another product manager, and involved more talk of specific ideas for the website.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve a specific section of Zacks.com?   Answer Question