Zacks Investment Research

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Writer Interview

Financial Writer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and first phone interview and then on site interview. Two interviewers came to the interview. Nice conversation but you have to show a lot of soft skills including hard skills too.

Interview Question – What's the something new you can bring to the position?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone/email. The process was a combination of phone calls and email follow-ups and then an in-person interview. I found the process fresh and exciting - i.e., the experience felt less than traditional interview and hiring experiences I've had. I really enjoyed it!

Interview Question – Is this something you really want to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intense. A lot of back and forth. In the end, I held firm to my beliefs and my 3rd(?) counter offer was accepted.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in May 2010.

Interview Details – They call you after reviewing your resume. You go in for an interview and you usually wait for a month to hear a response. It may take longer because they seem to procrastinate with those kinds of things

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I can't answer that question because I haven't been in that situation to ask.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst
Calcutta (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is generally taken up by the manager himself. As the employer, the potential employees' suitability for the position is assessed. A current topic from the newspaper is asked to be read and then has to be written in one's own language using his/her analytic skills. Sometimes a broker recommendation report on any company traded in the US market is being asked to be read and write in one's own language with analysis. Good writing capability is very much essential.

Interview Question – Depend on relevant and current topics.   Answer Question

Product Manager - Zacks.com Interview

Product Manager - Zacks.com

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in September 2009.

Interview Details – Before any interview took place, they asked for a couple writing samples - one of current recommendations (presumably to see whether candidates knew anything about financial markets and could express their views clearly), and another reviewing the current state of the Zacks.com website.

The first interview was with two managers, and was a basic getting-to-know-you interview. Really nothing in the whole process was too technical. The second interview again involved the same two managers, then separate 1:1 meetings with the head of the company and another product manager, and involved more talk of specific ideas for the website.

Interview Question – What would you do to improve a specific section of Zacks.com?   Answer Question

Worked for Zacks Investment Research? Contribute to the Community!