Zales Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zales.

Very Relaxed, they just want to see how you handle goals, customers, and workplace experience like working with other employees. They may ask you how you make a sale, or how you handle working on commission. Usually the staff wants to make sure you fit in with the current team and if you'll be able to sell well.

Jewelry Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zales.

Short interview with the store managers, where they just ask about your past. About 1 minute phone call with DM where he asks what the most expensive thing you've ever sold is... There's not really much structure.

There is none.

Jewelry Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zales.

I got one time interview in process of job, on the interview time about 30 minutes, all question about worked experience, Bonus points was perception of the people one year of one time. company was good and satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • Select and identify diamond quality in diamond warranty repairs department.   View Answer

Merchandise Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zales.

First must apply online and then fill out a questionnaire. Then phone interview. Then fly/invite to corporate office for an all-day interview process. Three separate interviews (with two interviewers each) and then an Excel test and a Retail Math test.

Interview Questions
    • Retail Math test is quite difficult, Excel test is basic.   Answer Question
    Got minor relocation assistance

Jewelry Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zales.

Hiring process involved having a conversation with two managers. They asked some behavioral questions, but we pretty much ended up having a conversation about management styles. It did not seem to matter much what they asked. Very disconnected and unorganized. Both of the managers seemed to have 10-15 page packets to ask from, but decided not to use them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Just offer.

Vice President, IT Business Relationships Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zales in December 2013.

Just fyi...Don't expect the internal recruiter(s) to give you an update if you are not selected. I was told I would be contacted within a couple of days after the phone interview, but never heard from them again. I repeatedly sent emails and left voice mails asking for update, but was totally ignored. I understand not hearing back meant I was not selected. However, a simple reply "Sorry, you were not selected" would have been respectful and it only took me 2 seconds to write. Wasted my time.
    Makes me think management communicates this way internally.

Interview Questions
    • Only one interview question: "Can you walk me through your resume?"   Answer Question

Licensing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zales.

As of late 2007, interview was done in two parts with two separate supervisory people (direct supervisor and department head). Fairly straight forward questions, nothing unexpected or inappropriate. Discussed position, requirements, company history, interviewee history, etc. Interview response/ job offer made fairly quickly. Job itself started later than expected but not unreasonable delay.

Interview Questions
    • None - did not go beyond basic questions regarding what I viewed as strengths/ weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zales in July 2012.

You have to complete an online test and if you pass that you're asked to come in for interview. The interview is business casual and last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the correct way to handle a customer service issue.   View Answer
    Very brief. Due to my long drive im I requested the highest minimum that she could pay me at this time and she did.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zales in March 2012.

Interviewer acted extremely tired and made it seem painful to interview me. I trained to maintain a positive attitude but it was a little difficult.
    She asked a lot about the brands within the company, when it was founded, etc. so brush up on the company history.
    She asked why I want to work for Zales?

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in District Heights, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in District Heights, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zales in September 2011.

If you apply online and past the test the regional manager will contact the store manager in order to call you in for an Interview. (That is if they are truly hiring) The face to face interview is about 30min -1 hour. I they like you it is a good chance you will be hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation that you encountered within sales   View Answer