Zales

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Trainee Program Interview

Merchandise Trainee Program
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zales.

Interview Details – First must apply online and then fill out a questionnaire. Then phone interview. Then fly/invite to corporate office for an all-day interview process. Three separate interviews (with two interviewers each) and then an Excel test and a Retail Math test.

Interview Question – Retail Math test is quite difficult, Excel test is basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got minor relocation assistance

Very Easy Interview

Vice President, IT Business Relationships Interview

Vice President, IT Business Relationships

I applied online - interviewed at Zales in December 2013.

Interview Details – Just fyi...Don't expect the internal recruiter(s) to give you an update if you are not selected. I was told I would be contacted within a couple of days after the phone interview, but never heard from them again. I repeatedly sent emails and left voice mails asking for update, but was totally ignored. I understand not hearing back meant I was not selected. However, a simple reply "Sorry, you were not selected" would have been respectful and it only took me 2 seconds to write. Wasted my time.
Makes me think management communicates this way internally.

Interview Question – Only one interview question: "Can you walk me through your resume?"   Answer Question

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Jewelry Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zales.

Interview Details – Hiring process involved having a conversation with two managers. They asked some behavioral questions, but we pretty much ended up having a conversation about management styles. It did not seem to matter much what they asked. Very disconnected and unorganized. Both of the managers seemed to have 10-15 page packets to ask from, but decided not to use them.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just offer.

Licensing Analyst Interview

Licensing Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Zales.

Interview Details – As of late 2007, interview was done in two parts with two separate supervisory people (direct supervisor and department head). Fairly straight forward questions, nothing unexpected or inappropriate. Discussed position, requirements, company history, interviewee history, etc. Interview response/ job offer made fairly quickly. Job itself started later than expected but not unreasonable delay.

Interview Question – None - did not go beyond basic questions regarding what I viewed as strengths/ weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Jewelry Consultant
Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zales in July 2012.

Interview Details – You have to complete an online test and if you pass that you're asked to come in for interview. The interview is business casual and last about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Explaining the correct way to handle a customer service issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very brief. Due to my long drive im I requested the highest minimum that she could pay me at this time and she did.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
District Heights, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zales in September 2011.

Interview Details – If you apply online and past the test the regional manager will contact the store manager in order to call you in for an Interview. (That is if they are truly hiring) The face to face interview is about 30min -1 hour. I they like you it is a good chance you will be hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation that you encountered within sales   View Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Assistant Merchant
Irving, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Zales in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer acted extremely tired and made it seem painful to interview me. I trained to maintain a positive attitude but it was a little difficult.
She asked a lot about the brands within the company, when it was founded, etc. so brush up on the company history.
She asked why I want to work for Zales?

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Aventura, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zales in September 2011.

Interview Details – I originally heard they were hiring and jumped at the opportunity. The manager was really sweet and asked me to fill an application on the spot. The interview was fairly short and really relaxed. She gave me her business card, told me to complete the survey and a I called a few days later to follow up and then I was told I got the job.

I have no retail experience only volunteering at a hospital.

Interview Questions

Worked for Zales? Contribute to the Community!