Zales Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.4

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zales.

Interview

The interview was laid back, didn't really feel like an interview. First interview is with the store manager and then a second interview with another store manager comes after the first manager decides your a possible candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zales (Russellville, AR).

Interview

Very Relaxed, they just want to see how you handle goals, customers, and workplace experience like working with other employees. They may ask you how you make a sale, or how you handle working on commission. Usually the staff wants to make sure you fit in with the current team and if you'll be able to sell well.

Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Zales (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

My resume went to the CIO and handed to HR to get an interview. At the interview the team I would manage interviewed me first, then the hiring manager came in and the team left. We talked for about 45 minutes about the job and my experience. At the end of the interview the hiring manager told me I was qualified for either of the two management positions he had, and he just needed to figure out who the other person would be. He said he would get back to me the next week. HR person said he needed to talk to the hiring manager to get the results of the interview. This went on for a month with HR - Hiring manager conversation never happening. Finally HR person told me he had the conversation and they had nothing I qualified for. Strange to say the least. The only thing I can think of is they discovered my age - over 60. No further answers came.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a belligerent employee that did not accept you as the manager? Asked by the team member.   1 Answer

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zales.

Interview

Short interview with the store managers, where they just ask about your past. About 1 minute phone call with DM where he asks what the most expensive thing you've ever sold is... There's not really much structure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zales (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The DM gave a 1st casual interview and discussed job experience, duties performed a spoke about the company. The 2nd interview was focused on my past job experiences and situations. The 3rd interview was done by HR and a Regional over the phone and was a follow-up to the second but more about my skills and coaching abilities were talked up.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a Rep who was having trouble with meeting a goal?   1 Answer

Jewelry Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zales (Irving, TX).

Interview

I got one time interview in process of job, on the interview time about 30 minutes, all question about worked experience, Bonus points was perception of the people one year of one time. company was good and satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Select and identify diamond quality in diamond warranty repairs department.   1 Answer

Merchandise Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zales (Irving, TX).

Interview

First must apply online and then fill out a questionnaire. Then phone interview. Then fly/invite to corporate office for an all-day interview process. Three separate interviews (with two interviewers each) and then an Excel test and a Retail Math test.

Interview Questions

• Retail Math test is quite difficult, Excel test is basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got minor relocation assistance

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zales.

Interview

Hiring process involved having a conversation with two managers. They asked some behavioral questions, but we pretty much ended up having a conversation about management styles. It did not seem to matter much what they asked. Very disconnected and unorganized. Both of the managers seemed to have 10-15 page packets to ask from, but decided not to use them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just offer.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zales in December 2013.

Interview

Just fyi...Don't expect the internal recruiter(s) to give you an update if you are not selected. I was told I would be contacted within a couple of days after the phone interview, but never heard from them again. I repeatedly sent emails and left voice mails asking for update, but was totally ignored. I understand not hearing back meant I was not selected. However, a simple reply "Sorry, you were not selected" would have been respectful and it only took me 2 seconds to write. Wasted my time.
    Makes me think management communicates this way internally.

Interview Questions

• Only one interview question: "Can you walk me through your resume?"   Answer Question

Licensing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zales (Irving, TX).

Interview

As of late 2007, interview was done in two parts with two separate supervisory people (direct supervisor and department head). Fairly straight forward questions, nothing unexpected or inappropriate. Discussed position, requirements, company history, interviewee history, etc. Interview response/ job offer made fairly quickly. Job itself started later than expected but not unreasonable delay.

Interview Questions

• None - did not go beyond basic questions regarding what I viewed as strengths/ weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question