Zales Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.1

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers in March 2015.

Interview

Dressed professionally, you go over the basic questions with the manager. (Why do you think you would be good for this position, are you willing to learn what I teach you, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a Solitare is?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers.

Interview

I took the 400 question test. District called within an hour to set up an interview for that day. I go in, and the covering manager takes me to a general location in the mall away from the store. 2 minutes in her phone goes off and she answered it and talked for 10 minutes. Asks me more questions and the text alert was constantly pinging. In one answer I had told her about how my current store has us push service plans and credit card applications. The next question she asked was if I've ever sold a service plan to a customer! Obviously, she didn't care nor was she paying attention. Clearly there was no professionalism here and I stopped the interview and informed her there was no way I'd work for a DM like that.

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers.

Interview

Online questionnaire made up of personality and situational onsite possibilities. Multiple choice answers and your ability to make the right choice when worded several different ways and timed. Morality is considered. The Manager is the only person who is hiring decision. He or She will decide supposedly based on your answered, my personal experience is my Manager said he only had one person in half a decade actually asked or counter for more than what he originally offered them per hour, when they asker, he caved, his view if you don't think your worth it, why should I? So many people apply you have to stay on top and continuously call and do not miss your interview no matter what or you will not be considered, I thought this would be a given, but over the years working there, I can't tell you the times, I've taken that message....the manager won't be calling you back to reschedule...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

this was my first retail job I ever had.

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers.

Interview

interview process was simple and easy .management made the process comfortable. asked about my background, hobbies, previous work experience. Also talked about availability . where do you see yourself with the company in 5 years? Do you want to grow and advance with the company? Holidays are a must!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years with this company   1 Answer

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial contact career fair on campus, first interview is through the phone, second (final) interview is at the Zale corporate headquarters in Irving,TX (they will fly you down and host for the night). Second Interview is very long... You interview with people from almost every department, 5 total interviews some one on one and some in a group. You will take an excel test (very simple) and a retail math test (if you have taken retail math before it is not difficult but a bit challenging no formulas provided)

Interview Questions

• pretty standard format: common questions-- tell me about yourself? why Zale? What makes you the best candidate? one thing that will make them remember you!   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Went in. Got asked to leave immediately and laughed at on the way out. 10/10 would interview with again. I usually try to stay away from sales stuff but this was some good money and I am not a bright man

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with the Store Manager. We sat outside the store on a bench and it was actually very nice and comfortable instead of the office setting of sitting across the table. The Store Manager was very pleasant lady.

Interview Questions

• My background and my experience in the jewelry industry? Any questions that I may have?   1 Answer

Merchandise Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and was given an initial interview on campus. The next round of interviews were conducted at Zale's corporate office in Irving. I spent about 5 hours at the headquarters and completed three interviews, a math assessment, an Excel assessment, and went on a tour of the facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Quick and easy, was relaxed the whole time. really depends on the current manager

Full Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Springfield, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I had two interviews.. The first was with a store manager of another store and after she "approved" I interviewed with the store manager of the location I was to work at. I had to take a couple tests and I had to pass them in order to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your biggest failures in life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me an hourly rate and requested more and it was accepted!