Zara Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara (Miami Beach, FL).

Interview

saw an announcement on Craigslist about a hiring/interviewing day -- I was interviewed with 4 other people with the manager. Basic questions about resume and experience. I got called the same day. It helps if you're young or are fashionable/trendy. I dressed in all black [similar to the Zara employee uniform] and I was very friendly. This was also my first job and they hired me and not the other 4 people I interviewed with who had experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$9/hr to start -- then within one month they add store commission

Other Interview Reviews for Zara

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for a cashier or sales associate online for zara. Four days late I got an email inviting me for a group interview. It was pretty intimidating, everyone was dresses professionaly and there were around 20 people applying. The question where "what is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?" "What do you like about zara" "what are the qualities a cashier should have?". After the group interview, I got a call that night telling me I had the second interview the next day, it was me and two other people. I had the interview and the manager basically went through my employment history. Later she told me she'll give me a call if I ve been sucessful but I haven't received anything yet. But it was a pretty easy interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview

It was an open interview event. There was a long line and the interviewer took 3 people at a time. Basically, each person in each group were asked a few questions, such as "Why Zara," "What skills can you use for the position you're applying," and "Which department would you like to work at?" The interviewer was very nice. The interview for each group took about 15 minutes. A very positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zara (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Went to the hiring event. The room was empty except for the HR lady. Filled out the app. Had the interview right there. Very easy questions - why Zara? what is good customer service? responsibility as cashier? do I have any questions? Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions - nothing that I was not expecting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - standard hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. I filled out the application and had a very brief interview with the GM. I waited for about two weeks for them to do a background check then I was offered the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara in May 2014.

Interview

The store hadn't opened yet so they were hiring as many people as possible. Interview was at a fancy hotel. Went inside hotel conference room to pick up application and fill outside. Then got called back in to interview. Simple easy questions like "how would you handle so and so" and "tell me about yourself" What they look for is fashion sense. They like clean cut and groomed. Look like a model and you get hired. speaking spanish is a plus too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on pay for parking since it was on the beach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

I attended an open house. When I arrived, there were about 20 people there. We each filled out an application with previous work experience and our availability to attach to our resumes. We were then brought into another room and asked if we knew what Inditex was, what Massimo Dutti was, and what we knew about ZARA. We were then separated into 2 groups of 10. They basically just went over our availability and then asked each of us one basic question, like why ZARA, or why retail. Pretty simple and straightforward, they told us that they would contact us via email by the end of the week to invite us for a second interview, if we qualified. I received an email 5 days later inviting me to the corporate office for a final group interview. There were about 40 other people interviewing. They split us into 2 groups and gave us each a card with a question on it that we had to answer. After that, they informed us that they would contact us before the end of the day via email if we qualified for a position. I received the email with an offer about 2 hours later. The whole process took about a week from first interview to being hired, but overall it was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Why ZARA? What was the hardest thing you've faced while working retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone starts off at the same rate.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Went to an open house in the mall where I handed in my resume and had a brief interview. Was later emailed to attend a group interview. They asked one question to everyone, "Why Zara?" and a couple extra questions to certain people like "What's the most important thing for a cashier to do?" and "Where do you see yourself in the company in 2 years?" Basically you should do your research on the company and make your knowledge known. A little charm and charisma and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

Saw an Ad in craigslist when in to fill out an app. I was dressed pretty stylish. I got called in for an interview about 1-5 days later maybe even a week i dont remember. I was interviewed by 2 managers & was offered a position about a week or so later.