Zara Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions
No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.

Other Interview Reviews for Zara

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in August 2014.

Went to the hiring event. The room was empty except for the HR lady. Filled out the app. Had the interview right there. Very easy questions - why Zara? what is good customer service? responsibility as cashier? do I have any questions? Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions - nothing that I was not expecting.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - standard hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara.

The hiring process was very quick. I filled out the application and had a very brief interview with the GM. I waited for about two weeks for them to do a background check then I was offered the job

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in May 2014.

The store hadn't opened yet so they were hiring as many people as possible. Interview was at a fancy hotel. Went inside hotel conference room to pick up application and fill outside. Then got called back in to interview. Simple easy questions like "how would you handle so and so" and "tell me about yourself"

What they look for is fashion sense. They like clean cut and groomed. Look like a model and you get hired. speaking spanish is a plus too.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated on pay for parking since it was on the beach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

I attended an open house. When I arrived, there were about 20 people there. We each filled out an application with previous work experience and our availability to attach to our resumes. We were then brought into another room and asked if we knew what Inditex was, what Massimo Dutti was, and what we knew about ZARA. We were then separated into 2 groups of 10. They basically just went over our availability and then asked each of us one basic question, like why ZARA, or why retail. Pretty simple and straightforward, they told us that they would contact us via email by the end of the week to invite us for a second interview, if we qualified.

I received an email 5 days later inviting me to the corporate office for a final group interview. There were about 40 other people interviewing. They split us into 2 groups and gave us each a card with a question on it that we had to answer. After that, they informed us that they would contact us before the end of the day via email if we qualified for a position. I received the email with an offer about 2 hours later. The whole process took about a week from first interview to being hired, but overall it was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • What is your availability?
      Why ZARA?
      What was the hardest thing you've faced while working retail?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, everyone starts off at the same rate.

Cashier Interview

Went to an open house in the mall where I handed in my resume and had a brief interview. Was later emailed to attend a group interview. They asked one question to everyone, "Why Zara?" and a couple extra questions to certain people like "What's the most important thing for a cashier to do?" and "Where do you see yourself in the company in 2 years?" Basically you should do your research on the company and make your knowledge known. A little charm and charisma and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Saw an Ad in craigslist when in to fill out an app. I was dressed pretty stylish. I got called in for an interview about 1-5 days later maybe even a week i dont remember. I was interviewed by 2 managers & was offered a position about a week or so later.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in January 2013.

Went to an open house, expecting to be interviewed as the ad said "come prepared for an interview"...wasn't a real interview at all. The manager took us to the middle of the store, didn't ask any real questions, or get to know candidates. I assume this "interview" was just to see what we looked like. Everyone came dressed very stylish, meanwhile the manager had on jeans and a plain plaid shirt -_- I expected more. We waited in line for longer than we talked with the manager. I was asked about availability and previous retail experience, all of which was on my resume, which she was reading as she asked the questions. That was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zara in September 2012.

The interview process was incredibly easy. Management wanted to interview me as soon as I submitted my application, but I had to decline and ask to schedule for another day. Typical interview questions - Tell us about yourself/experience in retail? Why do you want to work at Zara? Describe a situation where you exhibited great customer service. Etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of your best/worst traits? Not that hard of a question, but the hardest one they asked.   View Answer
    No negotiation. We start you at $9.00 p/hour. I was told that I'd be getting $10.00 p/hour next month, but later found out that that was due to being eligible for receiving commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in May 2012.

I went to a job fair at zara. There was a line of people waiting to be interviewed. I got interview by a 20+ manager who seemed more interested in checking out the young boys applying for the job than anything else. He asked me some basic questions:
    Why do you want to work at Zara?
    What can you bring to the table?
    It's been five days and haven't heard back from them, I could take he didn't like me even though I have all the experience in customer service and cashiering working at a high end department store for more than ten years. A very young gay guys environment.If you are a woman and straight not a chance to work there.