Zara

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara.

saw an announcement on Craigslist about a hiring/interviewing day -- I was interviewed with 4 other people with the manager. Basic questions about resume and experience. I got called the same day. It helps if you're young or are fashionable/trendy. I dressed in all black [similar to the Zara employee uniform] and I was very friendly. This was also my first job and they hired me and not the other 4 people I interviewed with who had experience

$9/hr to start -- then within one month they add store commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

I applied online for a cashier or sales associate online for zara. Four days late I got an email inviting me for a group interview. It was pretty intimidating, everyone was dresses professionaly and there were around 20 people applying. The question where "what is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?" "What do you like about zara" "what are the qualities a cashier should have?". After the group interview, I got a call that night telling me I had the second interview the next day, it was me and two other people. I had the interview and the manager basically went through my employment history. Later she told me she'll give me a call if I ve been sucessful but I haven't received anything yet. But it was a pretty easy interview.

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

Responded to a hiring event at the mall on a Thursday for a store opening, got a notice for a second interview on Tuesday, had second interview on Thursday. Process took one week.

Interview Questions

Got another higher paying offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

The interview process, as least for me, was fairly easy. The questions that they ask are not so much to size you down as they are to identify if you have anything that will contribute to the company. For example, one of the questions they ask, in addition to almost every other company out there, is, "What is your availability?" Another question they might ask is, "What are your expectations for the company?" "Why are you interested in working at Zara?" By asking these questions, they're trying to find out if you are the qualified employee they not only want, but more importantly need. All you have to do, really, is answer affirmatively, to the effect that every answer sounds exactly like what they wanted to hear, maybe even better.

The sooner you decide to start, the sooner you get your piece of store commission. Start soon!

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview Process was during a week long hiring event. I went to the store and asked for a manager. She had me fill out a short application and then asked me a few questions about what position I wanted to work. Once that was discussed she had me talk to a manager in the department I would be working in. He asked me to tell him about myself and my retail experience? Why did I want to work for Zara? What were my future goals? What was my availability? He offered me a position on the spot and I filled out my paperwork that day.

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Went to a recruitment event at a hotel, applied, and had a one-on-one interview on the spot. The lady interviewing me asked general questions like why I wanted to work there and how well I'm able to work in teams. They had already been recruiting for two weeks and had hired most of the workers they needed for the opening of the new store so I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Zara? What interest do you have in fashion merchandising/sales? What was the most difficult aspect of working at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Open interviews before the stores opening in which applicants have a few minutes to meet the hiring managers. Try to arrive early as you speak to the managers in the order you arrive and at this particular open interview there were many applicants and the wait time was over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in one year?   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zara.

I applied instore and brought in my resume as well. After a few hours, I got a call from the manager asking to schedule an interview with me two days later. On that day, I came on time and we had the interview at the bench outside. She had my resume and we talked about my past experiences and when I'd be able to work.

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

One day I decided to go in and apply for a job. I was fortunate that I met a friendly lady associate that carries the title "Mentor". She handed me an application form that I had to send in with my resume, I did and I got a call back maybe a few days later. Interviewing was fine, I had an interview with one of the assistant manager and I got a call back just a few hours later informing me that I was hired. I wasn't questioned much about anything basically. I was only asked about my previous job experience as a cashier and my favorite past time hobbies. Oh and also why do I want to work at Zara.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question