Zara Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara.

Interview

Came to the open house fair. Gave me application to fill out. Filled it out and was as why did I want to work here and was I taking any trips during the summer. Was told to hear back in a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Come prepared and stylish

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and on that day I talked to the store manager who asked, "Why Zara?"

Three days later, I received a call asking me to come in for an interview.

It was very causal and I spoke with assistant manager about my previous experience and what I knew about Zara. I talked to the store manager after her and he only asked about my availability because we've talked on my first visit when i wasn't as prepared.

He said he will call whether i got the job or not, but he didn't.

Be prepared guys.

Interview Questions

• Why Zara?
      How can my previous experience relate to the position?
      What do you know about Zara?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

I did mine at the corporate office. First interview - Fill out app, and interview. Then, wait 24-72 hours for email for final interview. Second interview - Quick 1-3 min interview with HR. If you were asked to stay, you got the job. Brief overview of the company and expectations. Then, you fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ZARA?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

All sales associates, cashiers, and stock get the same rate ($12/hr), so there is no negotiation. Raises come with experience within the company and job performance.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

Applied in store. Handed the application to the department manager right there along with resume. Got asked right as I handing in the application, "Why do you want to work for Zara?". Went home, got a call to schedule an interview for two days later. Went in for an interview (along with another candidate) with the Assistant Manager. Three questions were asked. The whole interview last less than 15 minutes and were told that we'll receive a call in a couple days. No call received.
    In my opinion, that was not enough time to get to know the candidates. Sometimes, it's not the interviewee, but it just a bad interviewer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

The same day that I applied online, I received an email to go in on a group interview the next day. There were about 25 people waiting. We were asked to fill out a simple application and wait. We were supposed to be there at 4pm, but the interview started at around 4:45pm. Then we were called in to be interviewed individually. The interview was pretty simple; they asked a question or two. Then we were told that we will be contacted soon to let us know if we got the second interview. About a couple of hours later I received another email which asked me to come in 2 days later for the Final interview. There were probably about 30-40 people there. Again, we were called in for another one on one interview. she asked only one question; why I would be a good fit as a sales associate. From there, some people left the room and the rest stayed. All the people who were asked to stay got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• why would you be an asset to Zara?
      Why would you be a good fit as a sales associate?
      Any retail experience?
      availability?

Answer Question

Interview

It was a group interview followed by a one on one with lasted 2-3 minutes. It was pretty easy I was nervous but I feel like I tried my best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 quick interview on each day for the first and final interview. Then they make you wait until they get through all the 1 on 1 quick questions, take the whole group into a room and boom you're hired. $12/Hr plus commision

Interview Questions

• What were your previous job say your weaknesses are?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

Got the interview thanks to a career fair application where if chosen you had the possibility to have a first round interview and later on i got contacted from the HR for an in house interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back and it only lasted maybe 15 minutes at most. Simple questions about previous retail experience and what would you like to gain from Zara. They also asked what we liked about the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara in January 2015.

Interview

The process was 3 days.I applied online and was sent an email that same day scheduling a group interview for the following day. Went to the group interview and there were about 20-30 people, we was asked to fill out an application and waited until our names was called. You are given a 2-3 min 1 on 1 interview with an hr rep, within those 2-3 mins you must sell yourself in why you're the best fit for the company. Was emailed that same day for a 2nd group interview brought my social and id. About 85% of the group was hired. Just make sure you're available on weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 12/hr plus commission