Zara Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

I did mine at the corporate office. First interview - Fill out app, and interview. Then, wait 24-72 hours for email for final interview. Second interview - Quick 1-3 min interview with HR. If you were asked to stay, you got the job. Brief overview of the company and expectations. Then, you fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    All sales associates, cashiers, and stock get the same rate ($12/hr), so there is no negotiation. Raises come with experience within the company and job performance.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara.

Applied in store. Handed the application to the department manager right there along with resume. Got asked right as I handing in the application, "Why do you want to work for Zara?". Went home, got a call to schedule an interview for two days later. Went in for an interview (along with another candidate) with the Assistant Manager. Three questions were asked. The whole interview last less than 15 minutes and were told that we'll receive a call in a couple days. No call received.
    In my opinion, that was not enough time to get to know the candidates. Sometimes, it's not the interviewee, but it just a bad interviewer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

The same day that I applied online, I received an email to go in on a group interview the next day. There were about 25 people waiting. We were asked to fill out a simple application and wait. We were supposed to be there at 4pm, but the interview started at around 4:45pm. Then we were called in to be interviewed individually. The interview was pretty simple; they asked a question or two. Then we were told that we will be contacted soon to let us know if we got the second interview. About a couple of hours later I received another email which asked me to come in 2 days later for the Final interview. There were probably about 30-40 people there. Again, we were called in for another one on one interview. she asked only one question; why I would be a good fit as a sales associate. From there, some people left the room and the rest stayed. All the people who were asked to stay got a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • why would you be an asset to Zara?
      Why would you be a good fit as a sales associate?
      Any retail experience?
      availability?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was a group interview followed by a one on one with lasted 2-3 minutes. It was pretty easy I was nervous but I feel like I tried my best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zara in February 2015.

1 quick interview on each day for the first and final interview. Then they make you wait until they get through all the 1 on 1 quick questions, take the whole group into a room and boom you're hired. $12/Hr plus commision

Interview Questions
    • What were your previous job say your weaknesses are?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zara.

Got the interview thanks to a career fair application where if chosen you had the possibility to have a first round interview and later on i got contacted from the HR for an in house interview

Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara.

Interview was pretty laid back and it only lasted maybe 15 minutes at most. Simple questions about previous retail experience and what would you like to gain from Zara. They also asked what we liked about the store.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara in January 2015.

The process was 3 days.I applied online and was sent an email that same day scheduling a group interview for the following day. Went to the group interview and there were about 20-30 people, we was asked to fill out an application and waited until our names was called. You are given a 2-3 min 1 on 1 interview with an hr rep, within those 2-3 mins you must sell yourself in why you're the best fit for the company. Was emailed that same day for a 2nd group interview brought my social and id. About 85% of the group was hired. Just make sure you're available on weekends.

No negotiation. 12/hr plus commission

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara in January 2015.

Walked into the store, spoke with the manager (very pleasant lady) explaining my interest in working with ZARA. She handed me an application, a very short (seriously short and simple) application to fill out and give back. Asked for my resume, which I brought with me since the posting online stated to bring an updated resume. She asked which position am I interested in working and called the person in charge of the stock section. They both interviewed me on the spot, while standing on the sales floor - a couple of questions asked: How do I handle stress, my hours of availability (I had no restriction), am I okay with working as early at 630am and late as 1030pm and if I had retail experience. I seemed my bubbly self as always and showed them that I'm up for the challenge.

It was part time (I was a little sad) but it's okay, I'm alright with the hours. I love the store's environment, their apparel and who knows, I'll move up! :) ... There's always space for gaining hours in retail.

My attire - black turtleneck, skinny-high waist black pants, black flats, mauve head wrap and wore my dark purple coat. Had minimal makeup on, just mascara and lip gloss.

She offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. I didn't my social security card on me at the time, so I'll have to come back tomorrow to complete the application process.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate just because I knew what she offered me was good enough for retail especially for a stock position.

Zara Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

First i came in and filled out an application, shortly after i was called in for an interview with the company asking about me previous experience in retail. not long after that i received a phone call to advise me if i got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • there was not any real unexpected questions, all of it was pretty much basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    there was not much of an negotiation, they offered and i accepted.