Zara Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.2

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

Responded to a hiring event at the mall on a Thursday for a store opening, got a notice for a second interview on Tuesday, had second interview on Thursday. Process took one week.

Interview Questions

Got another higher paying offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

The interview process, as least for me, was fairly easy. The questions that they ask are not so much to size you down as they are to identify if you have anything that will contribute to the company. For example, one of the questions they ask, in addition to almost every other company out there, is, "What is your availability?" Another question they might ask is, "What are your expectations for the company?" "Why are you interested in working at Zara?" By asking these questions, they're trying to find out if you are the qualified employee they not only want, but more importantly need. All you have to do, really, is answer affirmatively, to the effect that every answer sounds exactly like what they wanted to hear, maybe even better.

The sooner you decide to start, the sooner you get your piece of store commission. Start soon!

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview Process was during a week long hiring event. I went to the store and asked for a manager. She had me fill out a short application and then asked me a few questions about what position I wanted to work. Once that was discussed she had me talk to a manager in the department I would be working in. He asked me to tell him about myself and my retail experience? Why did I want to work for Zara? What were my future goals? What was my availability? He offered me a position on the spot and I filled out my paperwork that day.

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Went to a recruitment event at a hotel, applied, and had a one-on-one interview on the spot. The lady interviewing me asked general questions like why I wanted to work there and how well I'm able to work in teams. They had already been recruiting for two weeks and had hired most of the workers they needed for the opening of the new store so I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Zara? What interest do you have in fashion merchandising/sales? What was the most difficult aspect of working at your last job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Zara.

I applied instore and brought in my resume as well. After a few hours, I got a call from the manager asking to schedule an interview with me two days later. On that day, I came on time and we had the interview at the bench outside. She had my resume and we talked about my past experiences and when I'd be able to work.

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

One day I decided to go in and apply for a job. I was fortunate that I met a friendly lady associate that carries the title "Mentor". She handed me an application form that I had to send in with my resume, I did and I got a call back maybe a few days later. Interviewing was fine, I had an interview with one of the assistant manager and I got a call back just a few hours later informing me that I was hired. I wasn't questioned much about anything basically. I was only asked about my previous job experience as a cashier and my favorite past time hobbies. Oh and also why do I want to work at Zara.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in August 2014.

As a student who recently graduated from high school and going to college, its tough to find a job especially if you have no work experiences whatsoever. They were having an open call at my area so I gave it a try. I went at the store and I introduced myself theb one of the workers took me in an area and told me to fill out an application. As soon as I filled that out I was interviewed by the Mens department manager and the Womens department manager right away. The questions weren't that hard but I highly suggest doing your research first and make sure you are prepared. Also make sure you have a resume in hand because they will ask you.I wore black skinnys with a dress shirt and high heels that day. After the interview they told me they would call me within a week. I waited for them to call but I never got any calls. So I went in the middle of the week and spoke to a different manager and told her about my case and that they would get in touch with me if I got the job but I never got any call. So she told me to fill out an application again and interviewed me there for 5 minutes on the spot. She was a very nice manager. After the interview she said she would call me if I got the job in a couple of days. The next day she called me and offered me the job and I gladly accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Why Zara?
      Why did you choose retail?
      What are your future goals?
      What is your availability?
      Describe the time when you were in a stressful situation and how did you deal with it?
      What are you currently doing?
      Tell me about yourself?
        View Answers (2)
    It was not negotioble, as a sales associate you start off at $9.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in August 2014.

Picked up application in store, returned a few days later to drop it off. The manager wasn't in, so they said someone would call me soon. A few days later a manager called and set up an interview for the next week. I went to the store a little before I was scheduled to interview and the manager said that they had no idea what I was talking about. I waited for almost an hour before the manager gave me a short interview.

Very disorganised store.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in August 2014.

Went to the hiring event. The room was empty except for the HR lady. Filled out the app. Had the interview right there. Very easy questions - why Zara? what is good customer service? responsibility as cashier? do I have any questions? Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions - nothing that I was not expecting.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - standard hourly wage.