Zara

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zara.

Got the interview thanks to a career fair application where if chosen you had the possibility to have a first round interview and later on i got contacted from the HR for an in house interview

Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara.

Interview was pretty laid back and it only lasted maybe 15 minutes at most. Simple questions about previous retail experience and what would you like to gain from Zara. They also asked what we liked about the store.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara in January 2015.

The process was 3 days.I applied online and was sent an email that same day scheduling a group interview for the following day. Went to the group interview and there were about 20-30 people, we was asked to fill out an application and waited until our names was called. You are given a 2-3 min 1 on 1 interview with an hr rep, within those 2-3 mins you must sell yourself in why you're the best fit for the company. Was emailed that same day for a 2nd group interview brought my social and id. About 85% of the group was hired. Just make sure you're available on weekends.

No negotiation. 12/hr plus commission

Zara Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

First i came in and filled out an application, shortly after i was called in for an interview with the company asking about me previous experience in retail. not long after that i received a phone call to advise me if i got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • there was not any real unexpected questions, all of it was pretty much basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    there was not much of an negotiation, they offered and i accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Zara.

The interview was in the middle of the sales floor! I thought it was very unprofessional, they didn't even introduce themselves. The interview at the job fair was group interview. Then they call you back for another interview and it's another group interview.

Interview Questions
    They don't even tell you how much they offer for your position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zara.

Filled out application, was called back for an interview. The interview was very laid back and didn't seem to follow a specific guideline. It was basically a conversation where the manager asked me of my previous retail experience and my interest in fashion. It's kind of up to you, as the interviewee, to link everything back to Zara. You must have a sense of fashion. MUST. Know your personal style, know designers who exude this style, know trends of the season and do research about the company. If you're already involved in fashion, this is an easy interview...if not, know what you're getting yourself into.

Interview Questions
    • All questions related to fashion. I already am familiar with the fashion industry to nothing threw me off-guard.   Answer Question
    I was 17 and only had one previous retail experience under my belt so I didn't negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara.

saw an announcement on Craigslist about a hiring/interviewing day -- I was interviewed with 4 other people with the manager. Basic questions about resume and experience. I got called the same day. It helps if you're young or are fashionable/trendy. I dressed in all black [similar to the Zara employee uniform] and I was very friendly. This was also my first job and they hired me and not the other 4 people I interviewed with who had experience

$9/hr to start -- then within one month they add store commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara in November 2014.

They called me about 3-4 months after applying. I had a group interview with four other people and it was easygoing. The manager and store staff were friendly and welcoming. The whole interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

I don't know exactly what they look for, seeing that I'm a college graduate with retail and fashion experience, and I was the most qualified of the group, yet I wasn't offered a position. However, I still think it's a great company to work for if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic and straight forward: why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

I applied online for a cashier or sales associate online for zara. Four days late I got an email inviting me for a group interview. It was pretty intimidating, everyone was dresses professionaly and there were around 20 people applying. The question where "what is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service?" "What do you like about zara" "what are the qualities a cashier should have?". After the group interview, I got a call that night telling me I had the second interview the next day, it was me and two other people. I had the interview and the manager basically went through my employment history. Later she told me she'll give me a call if I ve been sucessful but I haven't received anything yet. But it was a pretty easy interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

Responded to a hiring event at the mall on a Thursday for a store opening, got a notice for a second interview on Tuesday, had second interview on Thursday. Process took one week.

Interview Questions

Got another higher paying offer.