Zara Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara.

Interview

Went in for their open house and got interviewed by someone from HR. The questions were pretty typical and it was an easy interview. I got a call the next day saying I got the job!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to an open house. It was nothing special. We were asked to fill out an application. They had something like a quick resume you had to fill out. Then each of us had an one-on-one interview. They asked only super basic interview questions. The interviewer was pretty chill and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to an open call. It was pretty casual. Was asked to fill out an application, then we were interviewed in a pretty small group. It was my first group interview but it wasn't awkward at all. I got a call the next day telling me that i'd gotten the job. They're definitely looking for intelligent and fashion forward people. Be articulate and look like a model and you've got the job.

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. First round was HR, Pretty standard. Why this position, why you, etc. Second round was to test the compatibility of the candidate with the company's goals and people already working there, followed by an excel test. Although meant to be easy, the Excel test was more a test of different functions that could either be found out on google in 40 seconds, or via help. No serious Macro building, or Pivot chart stuff. Disappointed with that test due to that.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara.

Interview

Came to the open house fair. Gave me application to fill out. Filled it out and was as why did I want to work here and was I taking any trips during the summer. Was told to hear back in a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Come prepared and stylish

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and on that day I talked to the store manager who asked, "Why Zara?" Three days later, I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. It was very causal and I spoke with assistant manager about my previous experience and what I knew about Zara. I talked to the store manager after her and he only asked about my availability because we've talked on my first visit when i wasn't as prepared. He said he will call whether i got the job or not, but he didn't. Be prepared guys.

Interview Questions

• Why Zara? How can my previous experience relate to the position? What do you know about Zara?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

I did mine at the corporate office. First interview - Fill out app, and interview. Then, wait 24-72 hours for email for final interview. Second interview - Quick 1-3 min interview with HR. If you were asked to stay, you got the job. Brief overview of the company and expectations. Then, you fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ZARA?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

All sales associates, cashiers, and stock get the same rate ($12/hr), so there is no negotiation. Raises come with experience within the company and job performance.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

Applied in store. Handed the application to the department manager right there along with resume. Got asked right as I handing in the application, "Why do you want to work for Zara?". Went home, got a call to schedule an interview for two days later. Went in for an interview (along with another candidate) with the Assistant Manager. Three questions were asked. The whole interview last less than 15 minutes and were told that we'll receive a call in a couple days. No call received. In my opinion, that was not enough time to get to know the candidates. Sometimes, it's not the interviewee, but it just a bad interviewer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zara in March 2015.

Interview

Manager called and asked for me to come in and chat a week after I had turned in my application. He asked about my previous boutique work history and my take on customer service. I wasn't asked any typical interview questions, just a quick chat to see how personable I am. Interview took less than 5 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about working in customer service before?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zara.

Interview

The same day that I applied online, I received an email to go in on a group interview the next day. There were about 25 people waiting. We were asked to fill out a simple application and wait. We were supposed to be there at 4pm, but the interview started at around 4:45pm. Then we were called in to be interviewed individually. The interview was pretty simple; they asked a question or two. Then we were told that we will be contacted soon to let us know if we got the second interview. About a couple of hours later I received another email which asked me to come in 2 days later for the Final interview. There were probably about 30-40 people there. Again, we were called in for another one on one interview. she asked only one question; why I would be a good fit as a sales associate. From there, some people left the room and the rest stayed. All the people who were asked to stay got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• why would you be an asset to Zara? Why would you be a good fit as a sales associate? Any retail experience? availability?   Answer Question