Zara Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.2

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview Process was during a week long hiring event. I went to the store and asked for a manager. She had me fill out a short application and then asked me a few questions about what position I wanted to work. Once that was discussed she had me talk to a manager in the department I would be working in. He asked me to tell him about myself and my retail experience? Why did I want to work for Zara? What were my future goals? What was my availability? He offered me a position on the spot and I filled out my paperwork that day.

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara in August 2014.

As a student who recently graduated from high school and going to college, its tough to find a job especially if you have no work experiences whatsoever. They were having an open call at my area so I gave it a try. I went at the store and I introduced myself theb one of the workers took me in an area and told me to fill out an application. As soon as I filled that out I was interviewed by the Mens department manager and the Womens department manager right away. The questions weren't that hard but I highly suggest doing your research first and make sure you are prepared. Also make sure you have a resume in hand because they will ask you.I wore black skinnys with a dress shirt and high heels that day. After the interview they told me they would call me within a week. I waited for them to call but I never got any calls. So I went in the middle of the week and spoke to a different manager and told her about my case and that they would get in touch with me if I got the job but I never got any call. So she told me to fill out an application again and interviewed me there for 5 minutes on the spot. She was a very nice manager. After the interview she said she would call me if I got the job in a couple of days. The next day she called me and offered me the job and I gladly accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Why Zara?
      Why did you choose retail?
      What are your future goals?
      What is your availability?
      Describe the time when you were in a stressful situation and how did you deal with it?
      What are you currently doing?
      Tell me about yourself?
        View Answers (2)
    It was not negotioble, as a sales associate you start off at $9.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Zara.

I applied instore and brought in my resume as well. After a few hours, I got a call from the manager asking to schedule an interview with me two days later. On that day, I came on time and we had the interview at the bench outside. She had my resume and we talked about my past experiences and when I'd be able to work.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zara in August 2014.

Went to the hiring event. The room was empty except for the HR lady. Filled out the app. Had the interview right there. Very easy questions - why Zara? what is good customer service? responsibility as cashier? do I have any questions? Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions - nothing that I was not expecting.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - standard hourly wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara.

One day I decided to go in and apply for a job. I was fortunate that I met a friendly lady associate that carries the title "Mentor". She handed me an application form that I had to send in with my resume, I did and I got a call back maybe a few days later. Interviewing was fine, I had an interview with one of the assistant manager and I got a call back just a few hours later informing me that I was hired. I wasn't questioned much about anything basically. I was only asked about my previous job experience as a cashier and my favorite past time hobbies. Oh and also why do I want to work at Zara.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zara in February 2012.

Have resume available with when coming in to ask for an application.
    They'll call if interested. I'd give it a few days before calling.
    Short, typical interview. They'll ask you about your interest in Zara and fashion in general. Dress like the brand, trendy but business appropriate, it'll show you have sense of fashion.
    Know the company and the designers they get there inspirations from.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zara in June 2014.

Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Questions
    • Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zara.

The hiring process was very quick. I filled out the application and had a very brief interview with the GM. I waited for about two weeks for them to do a background check then I was offered the job

IDK Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Zara in June 2014.

It was a group interview about 4 including me. The recruiter name was Michelle and she ask everyone individual questions. By the way she made us wait 20 minutes before it start. Also, they had a recruiting room which is almost like a classroom.

Interview Questions
    • Why Zara?
      What skill is needed for Cashier?
      Why do you think you fit in this job?
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara.

I handed in my resume and within a few days I was called to schedule an interview. A few days after that I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Zara? Contribute to the Community!