Zara

Average Difficulty
129 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through their inditex website. i had applied to a position many time before and hadn't heard anything back, so i was really surprised when i received an email to come in for a group interview. It was a new store opening, so they were really looking for people. i dressed in all black and went to their Headquarter's. they had us fill out an application and then they brought us into a room. there were probably like forty of us. they collected all the applications and our resumes and basically started. i was the first one they called on. they basically like that i was opened on the weekends (this is something they really want!) and they asked me "what i think good customer service is?" and "what is my biggest strength?" i smiled alot and gave them an answer. after the interview, they said they'd call us back or email us in a week. i received a phone call offering me the job, a week later, and accepted it.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they offered me $10

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zara in March 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview....After hearing the same answer about 20 times makes me wonder how they are really judging these interviews. Literally the same answers over and over and over and then some more. The interview just saying "Good answer" it really was hilarious.

Interview Question – Everyone got the same question, why would you like to work for zara.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – got a better offer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. The HR director meets with you just to see if you are clean looking and asks you simple questions about customer service and sales experience. Call back is within a couple days.

Negotiation Details – HR tells you over the telephone how much their offer is. I'm not sure if it is negotiable.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied through other source - interviewed at Zara in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was very easy and comfortable. The interviewer gave me a lot of insight to the company and as I was waiting to be interviewed, I noticed how professional the employees were. They all seemed to have task and give pretty okay costumer service to client. They also seemed to be very knowledgeable of the merchandise

Interview Question – Had I ever have a romantic relationship with anyone I have worked withbefore   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Cashier Cross Trained Interview

Cashier Cross Trained

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – 2 group interviews with adds on craigslist, which doesn't allow for specific questions to be asked on questions to be asked of you, everything there after was conducted via e-mail

Interview Question – They were all general questions   Answer Question

Miami, FL

Interviewed at Zara

Interview Details – I literally just walked into the store and asked to speak to the manager; lucky for me, I was speaking to her. I asked her if they were hiring and gave her my resume. She walked me over to the register and handed me a application and told me I was hired. I filled out the paperwork and she told me to show up on Monday before the store opened.

Interview Question – It was more of a comment, She told me "you know you're going to have to work hard here"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Waited until my first paycheck to see what I got paid, No one apparently knew exactly.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zara in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an open house, expecting to be interviewed as the ad said "come prepared for an interview"...wasn't a real interview at all. The manager took us to the middle of the store, didn't ask any real questions, or get to know candidates. I assume this "interview" was just to see what we looked like. Everyone came dressed very stylish, meanwhile the manager had on jeans and a plain plaid shirt -_- I expected more. We waited in line for longer than we talked with the manager. I was asked about availability and previous retail experience, all of which was on my resume, which she was reading as she asked the questions. That was it.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zara in May 2012.

Interview Details – Really quick. Nice and personable.

Interview Question – What designer's seasonal line was your favorite and why?   Answer Question

Operations Manager - Store Interview

Operations Manager - Store

Interviewed at Zara

Interview Details – Initial meeting at the HQ. Technical questions, abiity to speak spanish is a must

Interview Question – do you know import/export laws   Answer Question

Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zara in December 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, filled out an application, and attached my resume. Was interviewed by the Assistant Manager on the spot who got the General Manager to speak to me 15 min later and was hired 10 min after that.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very common sense. "Why do you want to work here? Do you see your schedule changing in the near future?" Things like that. Just be confident and sell yourself on how you can be beneficial to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what my last position paid. Since I was coming from an office job that paid wayyyy more, I was prepared to be low-balled; however, they do start a little higher than the average for retail. Because I had lots of experience, I was offered a tab bit higher than what they usually start associates at.