Zara

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.2

IDK Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zara in June 2014.

It was a group interview about 4 including me. The recruiter name was Michelle and she ask everyone individual questions. By the way she made us wait 20 minutes before it start. Also, they had a recruiting room which is almost like a classroom.

Interview Questions
    • Why Zara?
      What skill is needed for Cashier?
      Why do you think you fit in this job?

Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in June 2014.

Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Questions
    • Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

I handed in my resume and within a few days I was called to schedule an interview. A few days after that I was notified that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I turned in my application, was asked to come for an interview next day, I was asked about what i would do in certain situations, in regards to customer service and loss prevention. After that I had a second interview with the general manager, she asked me why i wanted to work there and how i could help the company. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you do when you notice a customer is trying to steal.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara.

Typical questions asked by management. If you are applyng at a retail store, you should at least look at the trends of the store before coming in. We have tons of people come in looking a mess then looking for a job.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in May 2014.

The store hadn't opened yet so they were hiring as many people as possible. Interview was at a fancy hotel. Went inside hotel conference room to pick up application and fill outside. Then got called back in to interview. Simple easy questions like "how would you handle so and so" and "tell me about yourself"

What they look for is fashion sense. They like clean cut and groomed. Look like a model and you get hired. speaking spanish is a plus too.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated on pay for parking since it was on the beach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in April 2014.

I applied online and they emailed me back on same day and invited me to a group interview. There were like 30 people in the group like me. They make you fill out an application form and after that they take everyone in a small room and someone from the recruiter team is asking interview questions to every single person one by one. Questions are basic and simple interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected questions if you practice a little bit before you go,i promise you will be fine. They ask why you want to work for them and what are your strengths and stuff. They didn't ask more than 4 questions to every person. Really short and simple but this is only for the group interview. I did not do an individual interview with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

Very easy interview process. The HR director meets with you just to see if you are clean looking and asks you simple questions about customer service and sales experience. Call back is within a couple days.

HR tells you over the telephone how much their offer is. I'm not sure if it is negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zara in March 2014.

Group Interview....After hearing the same answer about 20 times makes me wonder how they are really judging these interviews. Literally the same answers over and over and over and then some more. The interview just saying "Good answer" it really was hilarious.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone got the same question, why would you like to work for zara.   View Answer

got a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in March 2014.

I applied online through their inditex website. i had applied to a position many time before and hadn't heard anything back, so i was really surprised when i received an email to come in for a group interview. It was a new store opening, so they were really looking for people. i dressed in all black and went to their Headquarter's. they had us fill out an application and then they brought us into a room. there were probably like forty of us. they collected all the applications and our resumes and basically started. i was the first one they called on. they basically like that i was opened on the weekends (this is something they really want!) and they asked me "what i think good customer service is?" and "what is my biggest strength?" i smiled alot and gave them an answer. after the interview, they said they'd call us back or email us in a week. i received a phone call offering me the job, a week later, and accepted it.

no negotiation. they offered me $10