Zara Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara.

Interview

Responded to a hiring event at the mall on a Thursday for a store opening, got a notice for a second interview on Tuesday, had second interview on Thursday. Process took one week.

Interview Questions

Got another higher paying offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process, as least for me, was fairly easy. The questions that they ask are not so much to size you down as they are to identify if you have anything that will contribute to the company. For example, one of the questions they ask, in addition to almost every other company out there, is, "What is your availability?" Another question they might ask is, "What are your expectations for the company?" "Why are you interested in working at Zara?" By asking these questions, they're trying to find out if you are the qualified employee they not only want, but more importantly need. All you have to do, really, is answer affirmatively, to the effect that every answer sounds exactly like what they wanted to hear, maybe even better.

Negotiation

The sooner you decide to start, the sooner you get your piece of store commission. Start soon!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zara (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

extremely chill interview. the manager was asking me questions about my self and why i want to work with the company. they were also very understanding about my school schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They had a hiring event during the holiday season. You can check online whether they're hiring. I went in to the store to submit my resume in-person where they had me fill out a mini application as well where I let them know my availability.

So long as you tell them you can work fast-paced, and don't mind exhausting yourself while dealing with many customers (and being friendly to them) while managing your duties, they'll hire you.

Interview Questions

• What was one stressful moment you've had during customer service, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager right outside of the store and the whole process was about 15-20 mins long. Most people go through 2 rounds of interview but I only did one interview.

Interview Questions

• They were really easy questions like: Why do you want to work for Zara? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the Inditex company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer when I got a call back in about a week and I went in the store to go over the paper signing process.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview

Interview Process was during a week long hiring event. I went to the store and asked for a manager. She had me fill out a short application and then asked me a few questions about what position I wanted to work. Once that was discussed she had me talk to a manager in the department I would be working in. He asked me to tell him about myself and my retail experience? Why did I want to work for Zara? What were my future goals? What was my availability? He offered me a position on the spot and I filled out my paperwork that day.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview

Went to a recruitment event at a hotel, applied, and had a one-on-one interview on the spot. The lady interviewing me asked general questions like why I wanted to work there and how well I'm able to work in teams. They had already been recruiting for two weeks and had hired most of the workers they needed for the opening of the new store so I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zara? What interest do you have in fashion merchandising/sales? What was the most difficult aspect of working at your last job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Interview

It was an open interview event. There was a long line and the interviewer took 3 people at a time. Basically, each person in each group were asked a few questions, such as "Why Zara," "What skills can you use for the position you're applying," and "Which department would you like to work at?" The interviewer was very nice. The interview for each group took about 15 minutes. A very positive experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zara (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Zara is hiring for two weeks for their new store opening (their location in the mall right now is temporary) but the first week it was in the hotel connected to the mall and the second in their store. I went to the hotel and I was actually the only one there. The person doing the interviewing process had me fill out an application and then had me sit down while she talked on the phone and did some work on the computer. After she finished she came, looked over my resume and cover letter, and then interviewed me on the spot. I interviewed for both the Stock Associate and/or Cashier position but I sold the Cashier position more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was told that I would not be receiving the commission bonus until the new store would be open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zara (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house a few months ago. It took place before the store opened and approximately 50 candidates show up. You line up in order of the time you arrived and each candidate meets with the managers one at a time. The interview lasted less than five minutes. I got a call two days later saying I was hired, but they require a follow up interview for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zara?   1 Answer