Zara

Getting the Interview

111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – I attended an open house. When I arrived, there were about 20 people there. We each filled out an application with previous work experience and our availability to attach to our resumes. We were then brought into another room and asked if we knew what Inditex was, what Massimo Dutti was, and what we knew about ZARA. We were then separated into 2 groups of 10. They basically just went over our availability and then asked each of us one basic question, like why ZARA, or why retail. Pretty simple and straightforward, they told us that they would contact us via email by the end of the week to invite us for a second interview, if we qualified.

I received an email 5 days later inviting me to the corporate office for a final group interview. There were about 40 other people interviewing. They split us into 2 groups and gave us each a card with a question on it that we had to answer. After that, they informed us that they would contact us before the end of the day via email if we qualified for a position. I received the email with an offer about 2 hours later. The whole process took about a week from first interview to being hired, but overall it was the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – What is your availability?
Why ZARA?
What was the hardest thing you've faced while working retail?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone starts off at the same rate.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zara in August 2013.

Interview Details – Found an ad on craigslist for sales associate, it was an open interview from 2-6; had to bring a resume to get interviewed on the spot. there was a little application to fill out, but the department manager didn't look at it only the resume. It was all basic interview question for a sales associate nothing unexpected. Questions like Why do you want to work for Zara, what's your weakness and strengths, conversation about previous work availability, have you worked with shipment/stock nothing real difficult.....I think it all depends on witch department your going to work in and the manager interviewing you....Just so happened when I went to interview it was for the kids department. The manager was real easy breezy about the interview....I was called a week later, and accepted the job I started the next day

Interview Question – nothing was to difficult. Maybe the weakness and strength question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you start at 9.00hr

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zara in January 2012.

Interview Details – I attended an open house. I was surprised I got the job after seeing how many people attended. I didn't have retail experience but I did have experience as a cashier in a supermarket. It was a group interview consisting of about 5 people. The interviewer basically asked questions based on customer service, fashion, and personal qualities.

Interview Question – What company do you think is Zara's biggest competitor?
What is your idea of outstanding customer service?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – Reading all these reviews about this place makes me nervous in a bad way. I hope I get a good experience.

Interview Question – none yet.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – I applied in-store and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. I was then interviewed by two people, specifically the general manager and a product manager, for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. I was later contacted by phone again with an offer to work part time.

Interview Question – What are some of your current favourite summer trends?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Zara

Interview Details – In store interview on the sales floor, thought everything went well after she explained what training would be like and when I should expect a call. days later no call. called to check in and it was explained to me she no longer worked there. big blow

Interview Question – all questions were expected... why do you want to work at zara? why retail? everything you would expect from a fashion interview.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zara in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was incredibly easy. Management wanted to interview me as soon as I submitted my application, but I had to decline and ask to schedule for another day. Typical interview questions - Tell us about yourself/experience in retail? Why do you want to work at Zara? Describe a situation where you exhibited great customer service. Etc.

Interview Question – What are 3 of your best/worst traits? Not that hard of a question, but the hardest one they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. We start you at $9.00 p/hour. I was told that I'd be getting $10.00 p/hour next month, but later found out that that was due to being eligible for receiving commission.

Interviewed at Zara

Interview Details – Went to an open house in the mall where I handed in my resume and had a brief interview. Was later emailed to attend a group interview. They asked one question to everyone, "Why Zara?" and a couple extra questions to certain people like "What's the most important thing for a cashier to do?" and "Where do you see yourself in the company in 2 years?" Basically you should do your research on the company and make your knowledge known. A little charm and charisma and you'll get the job.

Interview Question – What's the most important thing for a cashier to do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zara in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to an open house Zara was having to hire Sales/Stock Associates and Cashiers. They gave everyone an Application to fill out then took everyone to a room where the group interview started. Everyone had to standup one by one and answer the following questions, What are you currently doing (in school,work, unemployed)..What was ur previous employer, tell a little about yourself/personality and your availability. I told them I'm in school , optimistic and perky and available everyday of the week but gave specific times. The key is to NOT be nervous or if you are still try to sell yourself and stand out of the group. After they told everyone to leave except me and two other girls. Long Story Short I got the job but hated that place and left after 6months lol

Interview Question – Try to sell yourself as a person who can deal with stress and flexible hours.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zara in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in-person at Zara, not exactly sure if they were hiring or not. I called about a week later, and the manager told me they were reviewing applications. She called me 5 minutes later offering an interview the next day. I came to the interview, dressed in the styles Zara offers. The interview lasted about 5 min with two of the managers, and I thought it went pretty well. I hadn't heard anything from them, so I called and they said they hadn't made any decisions. I still didn't hear from them after another week or so, and I called back. The manager informed me that they had pretty much followed up with ones that they were interested in hiring.

Interview Question – What do you know about Zara and the company?   View Answer