Zara

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zara in June 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Question – Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   View Answer

Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zara in December 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, filled out an application, and attached my resume. Was interviewed by the Assistant Manager on the spot who got the General Manager to speak to me 15 min later and was hired 10 min after that.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very common sense. "Why do you want to work here? Do you see your schedule changing in the near future?" Things like that. Just be confident and sell yourself on how you can be beneficial to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what my last position paid. Since I was coming from an office job that paid wayyyy more, I was prepared to be low-balled; however, they do start a little higher than the average for retail. Because I had lots of experience, I was offered a tab bit higher than what they usually start associates at.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zara.

Interview Details – Had a group interview during a hiring fair. Waited for two hours to interview (there were a lot of people there) then myself and 4 other people were taken to an office and asked a few standard questions. Got a call later that day to come in the next day for another interview, during which the manager of the dept. basically said I already had the job, she just had to have me come in as a formality. Entire process took about 24 hours. I started work a week later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard hourly pay.

Very Easy Interview

Mission Viejo, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zara in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position but did not hear back for months. Finally, I called the actual store at the location I had applied to. The manager answered, I told her I was interested in a job, she asked me some questions, and within a few minutes she asked me to come interview. When I arrived we had a casual interview and I filled out some forms. By the next day she called to tell me I was hired

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. She asked if I knew the origin/history of the brand and why I wanted to work there. It was a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the hours are completely out of your control. You must go by the schedule the manager sets for you. I found that hard to digest since I'm a full time student.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zara? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zara interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zara employees and interview candidates.