Zara Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 19, 2015

1.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to an open house. It was nothing special. We were asked to fill out an application. They had something like a quick resume you had to fill out. Then each of us had an one-on-one interview. They asked only super basic interview questions. The interviewer was pretty chill and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Zara (Glendale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a new store opening in my area so I decided to stop by and drop off my resume. The interview location was at a hotel lobby. When I got there, there was only one other girl filling out paperwork at a table. I introduced myself to the person in the front and they gave me a one page form to fill out. It was an easy form like my availability, past job experience, education...... After that I got an on the spot interview. It was a one on one interview and it felt comfortable but professional. I just had the interview yesterday and have not heard back but she said call backs would start in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to an open call. It was pretty casual. Was asked to fill out an application, then we were interviewed in a pretty small group. It was my first group interview but it wasn't awkward at all. I got a call the next day telling me that i'd gotten the job. They're definitely looking for intelligent and fashion forward people. Be articulate and look like a model and you've got the job.

Women's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

From my personal experience, my interview went very quick. Mostly because the person who was originally suppose to interview me wasn't in that day. Luckily, my interview time was earlier in the day so the manager on duty was able to interview me themselves. Don't be intimidated, easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zara (Glendale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Zara grandopening in Glendale Interview was quiet casual and comfortable. The HR asked questions and I answered with confident. One question she ask,"what do you do in everyday basis?" I responded but a bit confuse of the question. Although i answered with confident. She stopped me saying," NO WHAT DO YOU ON THE SALES FLOOR?" She was not specific. When the interview ended, she looked at my outfit, said "you look cute". and that made me realize one thing: you have to look like a model. Fair skin, tall. An ideal woman that can attract customers. It is not about how you response to their question. That is how I know they will not offer me the job. I am not sad. It is a shame that they chose beauty over intelligent.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager right outside of the store and the whole process was about 15-20 mins long. Most people go through 2 rounds of interview but I only did one interview.

Interview Questions

• They were really easy questions like: Why do you want to work for Zara? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the Inditex company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer when I got a call back in about a week and I went in the store to go over the paper signing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (Century City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Picked up application in store, returned a few days later to drop it off. The manager wasn't in, so they said someone would call me soon. A few days later a manager called and set up an interview for the next week. I went to the store a little before I was scheduled to interview and the manager said that they had no idea what I was talking about. I waited for almost an hour before the manager gave me a short interview.

Very disorganised store.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Questions

• Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Walked in, filled out an application, and attached my resume. Was interviewed by the Assistant Manager on the spot who got the General Manager to speak to me 15 min later and was hired 10 min after that.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very common sense. "Why do you want to work here? Do you see your schedule changing in the near future?" Things like that. Just be confident and sell yourself on how you can be beneficial to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what my last position paid. Since I was coming from an office job that paid wayyyy more, I was prepared to be low-balled; however, they do start a little higher than the average for retail. Because I had lots of experience, I was offered a tab bit higher than what they usually start associates at.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a group interview during a hiring fair. Waited for two hours to interview (there were a lot of people there) then myself and 4 other people were taken to an office and asked a few standard questions. Got a call later that day to come in the next day for another interview, during which the manager of the dept. basically said I already had the job, she just had to have me come in as a formality. Entire process took about 24 hours. I started work a week later.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard hourly pay.