Zara Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Asked to submit details and documents, sat down for a video of the company. After video we were then asked questions about what we knew of the company and its ethos, and were then allocated seats to have individual interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

I passed first stage and had to meet with a store manager. Mnager was friendly, let me walk around the shop before interview, not much unexpected questions, just basic retail questions, Tell me about yourself? how you keep up to date with fashion? What is trendy now? How would you deal with rude customer? What do you know about zara? What can you bring to us? why do you want to work for zara? What is your biggest accomplishment at work? etc

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zara in September 2014.

Applied online, then received a phone call about a week later to come to their recruitment center after that which was then a group interview about 20 or more in a room

Interview Questions
    • Once filled out a application form before going into the group interview , they then asked again your availability which is filled out on the form   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zara in August 2014.

I apply on the web site, after 2 or 3 weeks they call me from the recruitment center for a group interview. Once there, we were about 15people, we filled an apply form and then we went all together in a room; they showed us 2 videos about the company and after fiew questions about these two videos, we had a 1-0-1 interview with few question about our work preferences and experience. they called me back after 2 hours for another interview with the manager of Zara, Withe City.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in July 2014.

After applying online I got a call week later from inditex, for a group nterview which took place at the recruitment centre in regent street.

Once I got there I filled in a form, giving us an option on where we want to work, brand, and hours as well as detail about yourself. They didn't get us to introduce each other as their were at least 20+ people for the interview. We had to watch two videos, 1 about inditex, 2nd a day working in the company. We had to talk about the video as well, explaining what was happening etc

Then a quick 1-2-1. After the interview, 2 days later I got a call saying I got accepted and was told to come back to the recruitment centre the next day to sign my contract and have a induction.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Zara in June 2014.

Took about half an hour with the store manager.
    It was really casual and I was made to feel really relaxed/comfortable which is a feat for me considering how much of a nervous wreck I was (first one on one interview ever!)

Interview Questions
    We didn't talk about pay/salary at all but I'm very happy with the hourly pay rate considering this is my first job!

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zara in February 2014.

I left my CV at the store and the call me within the week. Was called for an interview but when I got there, there were several other candidates (about 6 or 7) waiting for the process to begin. We were sat around a table at Costa Coffee, they offered us a drink of our choice and we started by introducing ourselves and saying 3 words that would describe us. Later, we had this group dynamic where, in pairs, we would role play a situation that the managers created to us. After that, we had a 101 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some people struggle with words to describe themselves, so be prepared for that. Also, we were asked for the best gift for our birthday.   View Answer
    They never mention the rate per hour, but they do ask for your expectation. I had to find out it was minimum wage...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zara in January 2014.

I applied on their career website, which is fairly easy to handle, clear and detailed.
    The funny part was that some sentences or sections from the application form were in Spanish, but not difficult to understand even without dictionary or online translator.
    couple of days later, I received a call from their office, and they invited me at a group assessment.
    The number of the candidates was impressive, if you don`t trust yourself enough, you can seriously have doubts about your chances.We were like 50 people in that room, but they said there were other rounds of assessments later that week.
    After a short power-point presentation about Inditex and some basic questions about the company, to see if we had the interest to read about it, there were some question like:` if a customer which is trying couple items asks your opinion about how she looks, and you don't like it , what would you answer?` or, ` What you consider is the key of success of Inditex`/
    After we filled some forms that we received at the beginning, with details about yourself, experience, availability, preference of working for particular brands in their company, with that paper, our CV and an ID copy, we had a sort of 1;1 interview, 5 minutes maximum, were they were scanning your CV, cheeking details, asking you basic things etc, They tell you they will put your details in their system and each shop manager would chose.
    It took other 2 weeks to be called from their office, and send to the shop which selected me, and I had an interview with one of the managers.
    It was one of the most comforting and relaxing interviews I ever had, The lady was so friendly fact that gave me confidence.
    They called me 2 days later and they offered me a different position, less hours, different department, I took the offer because I new I can grow anytime.
    I don't regret a minute the decision, so far so good.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question, just basic and realistic ones. And if you do a check before, the interview questions are hardly unexpected, in these kind of companies   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zara in November 2013.

The interview was very straight forward - question were asked and written down as you spoke and then it would get sent straight to head office by fax.
    The Head Cashier was friendly, understanding and really interested in what you had to say.
    Very straight forward :
    - You are welcomed
    - Hand over CV
    - Answer the required questions
    Have a chat.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult - Just relax, take time and be yourself.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zara.

Handed in CV to store and was contacted a week later to arrange an interview a few days later. Questions were general, why Zara?, what motivates you?, how do you follow fashion and why is it important to you? I was told there and then that I was being offered the position and I accepted.

No negotiation.