Zaxby's

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zaxby's.

It was a three interview process. First, I was asked a few questions and given the job description. He emailed me a file containing everything on the menu and I had to study it to take a menu test on it the next time I came in. The menu test was a 20 question test on a computer. The third interview was a few more questions, then all about paper work.

Interview Questions
  • Repeat (include Zaxby's quota here) in your own words.
    and
    Why do you want to work here and what do you want to achieve.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zaxby's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zaxby's in April 2014.

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. He's a really chill finny guy. Honest and hard working. The interview was pretty chill for the most part. He didn't grill me he just asked me a question and I answered it. On one question I answered his question with a question and he asked another question to help me understand what he was getting at. It was my most pleasant interview to date.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an altercation with a co-worker.   View Answer

My life wasn't in a good place to take on the additional reponsibility

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zaxby's.

I submitted my resume to the store and filled out their application, they called me back within 1 week for an interview. The interview was with the GM and he asked me a few typical questions like "what can you bring to our store?", etc. I was hired on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult really. Very typical   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They did talk about advancement, but it really was more about if they liked you personally or not whether they would spend time "training" you for a better job.

Cashier Interview

it was very simple and self-explanatory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zaxby's in October 2013.

Applied in person, followed up two times. One a week for two weeks.

Eventually, the current manager there told me to come in the next day for a training day and to finish up the application process. Asked a few general questions, mostly form questions. There were absolutely no questions relating to why I wanted to work or any past work experiences.

No negotiation, everybody starts out at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zaxby's in December 2012.

Applied at Snagajob.com and was called days after. Set up an interview and arrived early on date planned. Head manager was not there (very unprofessional) but instead spoke with another manager and scheduled another interview when HM would be back. Went to second interview, was asked basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a conflict with another coworker how would you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zaxby's in December 2012.

The manager will ask you about your experience in school, your past working experience, how well you get along with others, and why you're interested in the position available. The manager will also ask you on the day of your interview if you are able to pass a drug test, life at least fifty pounds, and if you can be on your feet for more than four hours at a time. The manager reviews your resume, and asks you why you should be hired over everyone else they have interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • If you could transform to any animal what would you be?   View Answer
    My hours were easy to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zaxby's in July 2012.

They were having open interviews on a Thursday. Came in dressed casual, khakis and collared shirt. Interviewer asked about 4 simple questions, then stated that he would call back friday or monday

Interview Questions
    • An out of the blue math question, which I got wrong because of extreme nervousness!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zaxby's in May 2012.

I filled out an application in store, and was interviewed on the spot by the general manager. I was offered the position right away. The manager made the interview more conversational, which helped it move right along. He seemed to have something very specific he was looking for (i.e. friendly, smiling, out-going).

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical of interview for customer service positions in the food industry.   View Answer
    My education allowed me to negotiate a higher salary. They were only receptive because of another employees recommendation that I be hired. Their pay is pretty standard and most of the time you either take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zaxby's in September 2011.

Had a call to come in for an interview, a few days later received a call telling me i had the job to come in the next day.

Interview Questions
    • what was my favorite item served at zaxbys   View Answer