Zaxby's Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Acworth, GA
Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in April 2014.

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. He's a really chill finny guy. Honest and hard working. The interview was pretty chill for the most part. He didn't grill me he just asked me a question and I answered it. On one question I answered his question with a question and he asked another question to help me understand what he was getting at. It was my most pleasant interview to date.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an altercation with a co-worker.   View Answer

My life wasn't in a good place to take on the additional reponsibility

Other Interview Reviews for Zaxby's

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's.

It was a three interview process. First, I was asked a few questions and given the job description. He emailed me a file containing everything on the menu and I had to study it to take a menu test on it the next time I came in. The menu test was a 20 question test on a computer. The third interview was a few more questions, then all about paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Repeat (include Zaxby's quota here) in your own words.
      and
      Why do you want to work here and what do you want to achieve.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's in October 2013.

Applied in person, followed up two times. One a week for two weeks.

Eventually, the current manager there told me to come in the next day for a training day and to finish up the application process. Asked a few general questions, mostly form questions. There were absolutely no questions relating to why I wanted to work or any past work experiences.

No negotiation, everybody starts out at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zaxby's.

I submitted my resume to the store and filled out their application, they called me back within 1 week for an interview. The interview was with the GM and he asked me a few typical questions like "what can you bring to our store?", etc. I was hired on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult really. Very typical   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They did talk about advancement, but it really was more about if they liked you personally or not whether they would spend time "training" you for a better job.

Cashier Interview

it was very simple and self-explanatory

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in May 2012.

I filled out an application in store, and was interviewed on the spot by the general manager. I was offered the position right away. The manager made the interview more conversational, which helped it move right along. He seemed to have something very specific he was looking for (i.e. friendly, smiling, out-going).

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical of interview for customer service positions in the food industry.   View Answer
    My education allowed me to negotiate a higher salary. They were only receptive because of another employees recommendation that I be hired. Their pay is pretty standard and most of the time you either take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zaxby's in December 2012.

Applied at Snagajob.com and was called days after. Set up an interview and arrived early on date planned. Head manager was not there (very unprofessional) but instead spoke with another manager and scheduled another interview when HM would be back. Went to second interview, was asked basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a conflict with another coworker how would you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodstock, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Zaxby's in March 2011.

I had just turned 16, and with no workplace experience before, management was nervous about hiring me. After applying in March, I called back and scheduled an interview - after the initial interview, I was told they would call me back. Two weeks later, I received another call for another interview with the general manager, who set up another interview a week later for final review with all managers. Then, finally, I was hired after the 4th interview, where I also completed my paperwork. I started working in June.

The interview process can be difficult if you are young and/or have had no experience. You have to really prove that you want the job by being persistent about calling/setting up interviews, and selling yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like most about Zaxby's; why should I get the job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in September 2011.

Had a call to come in for an interview, a few days later received a call telling me i had the job to come in the next day.

Interview Questions
    • what was my favorite item served at zaxbys   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Hampton, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Hampton, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in July 2012.

They were having open interviews on a Thursday. Came in dressed casual, khakis and collared shirt. Interviewer asked about 4 simple questions, then stated that he would call back friday or monday

Interview Questions
    • An out of the blue math question, which I got wrong because of extreme nervousness!   Answer Question

Worked for Zaxby's? Contribute to the Community!