Zaxby's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.1

Cook/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2014.

you have to pass a test about how to prepare the food and then you have to know how to make the salads with is pretty easy just study everyday until you know it like the back of your hand

Interview Questions
    • making the salads are kinda easy but its always something new to learn if you dont have a car you wont get a crew position   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zaxby's in June 2014.

i walked into the restaurant and asked for an interview whenever one of the managers had time. After about 30 minutes i sat down with one of the day-shift assistant manager. I was asked about grades, school involvement, and aspects of my character.

Interview Questions
    • Some people only work in fast food just to have a job until something better comes along. How do we know if we hire you that you will stay?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Zaxby's in September 2010.

The interviewing process was pretty simple. It was my first face to face interview. i did not feel intimidated. i also felt as if the managers wanted me to have the job. they were willing to let me work multiple positions until i found out what made me comfortable and what i was best at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Acworth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in April 2014.

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. He's a really chill finny guy. Honest and hard working. The interview was pretty chill for the most part. He didn't grill me he just asked me a question and I answered it. On one question I answered his question with a question and he asked another question to help me understand what he was getting at. It was my most pleasant interview to date.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an altercation with a co-worker.   View Answer

My life wasn't in a good place to take on the additional reponsibility

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's.

It was a three interview process. First, I was asked a few questions and given the job description. He emailed me a file containing everything on the menu and I had to study it to take a menu test on it the next time I came in. The menu test was a 20 question test on a computer. The third interview was a few more questions, then all about paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Repeat (include Zaxby's quota here) in your own words.
      and
      Why do you want to work here and what do you want to achieve.
        View Answer

Crew Member Interview

interviewed at Zaxby's in December 2013.

I went in an waited for the GM to come interview me. We sat down and she ask about my experience. Most questions were very basic. Mostly just informing me of the position requirements and demands of the crew members. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was started at minimum wage even though I had management experience.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Forest City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest City, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in March 2010.

1 interview and they start by asking what can you do for this company? are you willing to work overtime if you have to? are you a hard worker?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's in October 2013.

Applied in person, followed up two times. One a week for two weeks.

Eventually, the current manager there told me to come in the next day for a training day and to finish up the application process. Asked a few general questions, mostly form questions. There were absolutely no questions relating to why I wanted to work or any past work experiences.

No negotiation, everybody starts out at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zaxby's.

I submitted my resume to the store and filled out their application, they called me back within 1 week for an interview. The interview was with the GM and he asked me a few typical questions like "what can you bring to our store?", etc. I was hired on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult really. Very typical   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They did talk about advancement, but it really was more about if they liked you personally or not whether they would spend time "training" you for a better job.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenoir City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2013.

Really easy and friendly interview, all I had to do was answer easy questions about why I wanted to work for the company, ect. The only hiccup was the dreaded, "greatest weakness", which while fighting the urge to wisecrack and say "fire, bullets, and boobs", I lobbed a "my perfectionism" hail-mary, to which he replied "well, as a fast food cook, you wont have the time to be perfect." Interception in the end zone, boo. But I got the job, yay! Then I saw he circled a 3 out of 5 for my appearance, boo, lol.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating a minimum wage job, kids.

Worked for Zaxby's? Contribute to the Community!