Zaxby's

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cook Interview

Forest City, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview and they start by asking what can you do for this company? are you willing to work overtime if you have to? are you a hard worker?

Interview Question – What are your goals in life?   Answer Question

Cumming, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in person, followed up two times. One a week for two weeks.

Eventually, the current manager there told me to come in the next day for a training day and to finish up the application process. Asked a few general questions, mostly form questions. There were absolutely no questions relating to why I wanted to work or any past work experiences.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everybody starts out at minimum wage.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zaxby's.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to the store and filled out their application, they called me back within 1 week for an interview. The interview was with the GM and he asked me a few typical questions like "what can you bring to our store?", etc. I was hired on the spot after the interview.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult really. Very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They did talk about advancement, but it really was more about if they liked you personally or not whether they would spend time "training" you for a better job.

Cook Interview

Cook
Lenoir City, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Really easy and friendly interview, all I had to do was answer easy questions about why I wanted to work for the company, ect. The only hiccup was the dreaded, "greatest weakness", which while fighting the urge to wisecrack and say "fire, bullets, and boobs", I lobbed a "my perfectionism" hail-mary, to which he replied "well, as a fast food cook, you wont have the time to be perfect." Interception in the end zone, boo. But I got the job, yay! Then I saw he circled a 3 out of 5 for my appearance, boo, lol.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating a minimum wage job, kids.

Cook/Cashier Interview

Walterboro, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for the job. One was with a female who claimed that her entire life revolved around her job. I learned that she was one of the assistant managers and had given up college for her job. The second interview was with the general manager. He continually made inappropriate jokes and made fun of random people.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect working conditions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations. They expect you to take what they offer.

Interviewed at Zaxby's

Interview Details – it was very simple and self-explanatory

Interview Question – "tell us about yourself"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Tullahoma, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Zaxby's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back a month or so later. I was interviewed by three different people and each interview went by pretty quickly. I felt like it went well with the first two but the third one started bad as soon as the interviewer sat down. I could tell right way the guy was not interested in me and the tone that was set made me feel discouraged. I fumbled through his questions and I could tell right then and there I was not getting the job. He handed me a little math quiz to do and I finished that quickly. He then took it back and told me they'd get back to me soon. They of course never did.

Interview Question – "If money wasn't an issue, what would you want to do with your life?"   Answer Question

Front of House Interview

Fairburn, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called a few days later for an interview. Did first interview and was asked back the next day for a second interview with another manager. Came in the next day and did second interview was asked to sign background check at end of second interview. Was called a week later and asked to come in the next day to fill out orientation paperwork.

Interview Question – Why Zaxby's and not McDonalds or Chik-fil-a?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a job elsewhere for more pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Monroe, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2011.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to the District Manager who replied quickly to set up an interview face-to-face. We met at the closest Zaxby's and talked for a short time basically discussing my prior employment. Started working the next week in accordance to the training schedule that was being tested.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Athens, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Zaxby's in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application in store, and was interviewed on the spot by the general manager. I was offered the position right away. The manager made the interview more conversational, which helped it move right along. He seemed to have something very specific he was looking for (i.e. friendly, smiling, out-going).

Interview Question – The questions were typical of interview for customer service positions in the food industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My education allowed me to negotiate a higher salary. They were only receptive because of another employees recommendation that I be hired. Their pay is pretty standard and most of the time you either take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zaxby's

Worked for Zaxby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zaxby's interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zaxby's employees and interview candidates.