Zaxby's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.1

Cook Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Zaxby's.

i filled out an application, got interviewed, and hired all within an hour. the hiring process was fairly fast and much easier than expected to obtain the job. I asked for a in store application and was informed that once i finished it and turned it in, i could get interviewed right than and there. after the interview, i was told i got the job and should come back to the next day with my social security and license and birth certificate and stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    • name a time where i went out of my way to help somebody   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zaxby's in June 2014.

i walked into the restaurant and asked for an interview whenever one of the managers had time. After about 30 minutes i sat down with one of the day-shift assistant manager. I was asked about grades, school involvement, and aspects of my character.

Interview Questions
    • Some people only work in fast food just to have a job until something better comes along. How do we know if we hire you that you will stay?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's.

It was a three interview process. First, I was asked a few questions and given the job description. He emailed me a file containing everything on the menu and I had to study it to take a menu test on it the next time I came in. The menu test was a 20 question test on a computer. The third interview was a few more questions, then all about paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Repeat (include Zaxby's quota here) in your own words.
      and
      Why do you want to work here and what do you want to achieve.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Acworth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zaxby's in April 2014.

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. He's a really chill finny guy. Honest and hard working. The interview was pretty chill for the most part. He didn't grill me he just asked me a question and I answered it. On one question I answered his question with a question and he asked another question to help me understand what he was getting at. It was my most pleasant interview to date.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an altercation with a co-worker.   View Answer

My life wasn't in a good place to take on the additional reponsibility

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zaxby's.

I submitted my resume to the store and filled out their application, they called me back within 1 week for an interview. The interview was with the GM and he asked me a few typical questions like "what can you bring to our store?", etc. I was hired on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult really. Very typical   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They did talk about advancement, but it really was more about if they liked you personally or not whether they would spend time "training" you for a better job.

Cook/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walterboro, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's.

I had two interviews for the job. One was with a female who claimed that her entire life revolved around her job. I learned that she was one of the assistant managers and had given up college for her job. The second interview was with the general manager. He continually made inappropriate jokes and made fun of random people.

Interview Questions
    There are no negotiations. They expect you to take what they offer.

Cashier Interview

it was very simple and self-explanatory

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2014.

Applied online. Was called a few days later for an interview. Did first interview and was asked back the next day for a second interview with another manager. Came in the next day and did second interview was asked to sign background check at end of second interview. Was called a week later and asked to come in the next day to fill out orientation paperwork.

Interview Questions

Was offered a job elsewhere for more pay.

Cook/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Zaxby's in January 2014.

you have to pass a test about how to prepare the food and then you have to know how to make the salads with is pretty easy just study everyday until you know it like the back of your hand

Interview Questions
    • making the salads are kinda easy but its always something new to learn if you dont have a car you wont get a crew position   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

interviewed at Zaxby's in December 2013.

I went in an waited for the GM to come interview me. We sat down and she ask about my experience. Most questions were very basic. Mostly just informing me of the position requirements and demands of the crew members. I was hired on the spot and started the next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was started at minimum wage even though I had management experience.

Worked for Zaxby's? Contribute to the Community!