Zayo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.4

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zayo in July 2014.

Communication was great, expectations were set and met. There was a clear plan of what to expect for return calls and interviews were scheduled quickly. Made me feel very comfortable and able to expand on high points in past positions.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviewing questions are sometimes difficult to answer but beneficial in being able to provide examples of where I've had some highlights in my past roles.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Submitted a resume online and at a career fair. Got a call for an interview about a week later. Had a series of interviews with different members from the team in which I would be working.

Field Operations Interview

I applied online, received a phone call to set up a phone interview and then had two face to face interviews. One with a Manager and the other was with a Director.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an issue that you encountered while working on a project and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

on campus interview

Manager In Sales Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zayo.

Initial interview started off a little shaky as the person I was interviewing with was 30 min late. That conversation however was beneficial and informative. I walked away with a clear understanding of the role I was interviewing for and expectations of my hiring manager.

I had several follow-up phone interviews with other folks in related roles. One was useful and engaging, the other the person I spoke with seemed more concerned with talking about themselves rather than learning about me and whether i was the right fit for the role/team.

I was very surprised that these were the folks I interviewed with but I did not have a group/round-table with would-be peers. I personally think it's important to gain peer input in the interview process so that was a red flag for me that I should've listened to....

Interview Questions
    • None - most questions were basic and I've had tougher questions elsewhere.   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zayo in February 2014.

Applied online and also met a recruiter at a career fair in mid-February that didn't seem too enthusiastic about my resume. After about three days, I got an email asking when I was free for a phone screening. Responding to the email lead to a bounce-back "Thanks for applying to Zayo" email, but eventually someone from HR replied and set up the phone screen for about five days later.

At the screening she asked what I knew about Zayo (which was a decent amount because I was interested in telecomm for some time) and how I would go about making a dynamic chart in MS PowerPoint. The entire thing took about 30min.

After the screening, I got an email about interview scheduling (although they never told me the interview was on-site until about an hour before my interview) for two weeks later.

I interviewed with three hiring managers back-to-back in mid-March, which took about two hours total, then was told I'd have a response in a week. The three managers all asked me: what I knew about Zayo's operations, pretty basic, general business/Operations Management questions and what classes I'd taken, had yet to take, and what the overall curriculum for my major looked like. It was very conversational. They also asked about my proficiency in Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.

After all of the interviews, an HR rep asked me what team appealed most to me and why.

After a week, I called to see what the status of their decision process was, and was told they'd need another week to decide due to the VP of the team being out of town, and all hiring being at his final discretion. By the end of another week, they called and offered me a position for the summer (which, by the end of the second week of the internship, became an ongoing position, through the school year). The entire application/interview process took about six weeks in total, though it seemed to go a lot faster than that. Great experience, the only time hurdles seemed to be HR working with so many applicants concurrently and needing to reschedule often, which is understandable.

Interview Questions
    HR told me upfront that wage was set and non-negotiable

OSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zayo.

I got hired without a interview, I have done work as a contractor for the VP and SVP that hired me. Expect 1 interview, if they aren't sure about you or your experience then you will get a 2nd or even 3rd interview.

Be cocky, make sure you tell them why you should be hired and not the 10 other people that applied for the job. Zayo likes confident people, you need to be smarter than the other guy and show it.

Follow up with the person that interviewed you, we move fast at Zayo and have a ton on all our plates. If you don't follow up with your interviewer you probably wont get the job...

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked about the job you are applying for, there will be several technical questions. Your ability to answer questions fast and complete will be the key to your success.   View Answers (2)
    Ask what you think you are worth, but don't expect to be paid on par with the rest of the industry. Don't let them tell you we are going to IPO, they gave me that line 2 years ago and I haven't seen any stock. It means nothing, if you cant live on what you are making, don't take the job. Raises are non existent at Zayo, my pay hasn't moved since my hire date, and when I asked for a raise, i was basically laughed at...

Product Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zayo.

Normal process

I submitted my application online and was contacted by HR.

Following an initial conversation with HR i was selected for a phone interview with department head and an in person interview with current team members.

The phone interview with department head started off poorely as he was 30 minutes late, but after speaking the department head i found him to be a great advocate of the company and position. Our conversation was meaningful and made very interested in working for him and the company

The in person interview was with 2 members of the current team. This interview was a poor reflection of what the department head had told me. The group interview lasted about 10 minutes of their questions which were only 3. And another 10 minutes of my own questions regarding the position and company, but sadly the interviewers were unable to answer most of my questions,

Overall i would rank this interview as poor due to low interactivy of in person interviewers and seemingly poor company value and employee reimbursment. I was told "this position required at least 60+ hours per week with below industry average salary"

Interview Questions

The interview really turned me off of the company. I value my coworkers and when i met my "future" coworkers i found they didn't value their contribution or time.

Network Engineer Interview

Clumsy questions about light technical topics and behavioral questions. They didn't know how to probe and didn't seem capable of evaluating my answers.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was a basic transmission question and the.n followed up with " could you work with Cisco?" really weak interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zayo in November 2013.

The interview process was extensive. Their customer focus was laser sharp and foremost in every interview. I interviewed a total of 4 times - 3 phone and 1 face to face. The entire management team were all very professional, honest about expectation and committed to finding the appropriate candidate. They explained the customer focus environment, the group and company expectations.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how do I deliver a "no" to the customer when they are expecting and demanding a "yes" answer.   View Answer
    Throughout the interview process they were cognoscenti of my salary expectation and were open about what they were able to offer. In the end, we found a middle ground to meet both our financial needs.