Zazzle Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015
Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.5

Mobile Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zazzle.

Phone interview with a Zazzle Engineer using an online code-sharing site. Didn't get far due to my inability to answer the first question about recursion. The interviewer seemed to have high expectations about getting syntax right. Question was introduced word by word rather than just giving a function prototype, which is annoying since it had a lot of parameters.

Interview Questions
    • Print all paths to the bottom rightmost entry of a N*N matrix starting from (0,0). There are holes which you cannot walk on. Pretty much the same question in Cracking the Coding Interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zazzle.

Applied through school career fair. Got a call afterwards to schedule a phone interview. The person interviewed me was absolutely not well trained and had no idea how to interview someone. After I finished typing my solutions to the coding questions, he didn't ask me if I have any questions to this position, rather he just said we would contact you and hung up the phone directly. I don't know anything about the company but this interview is definitely the worst interview experience I have ever had.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zazzle in December 2014.

I applied on my universities website. I was then contacted by someone in HR to set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. The Hiring Manager sent me a google doc link to code in (I'm not sure why they wouldn't send a professional link to an actual coding environment. Coding in a google doc isn't cool).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to print out a row in a tree. The entire phone call lasted around 15 minutes because I stumbled a little and apparently the interviewer was able to gauge my coding skills in that time. I guess that's good in a way so that I'm not wasting his time and he's not wasting mine.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zazzle in November 2014.

first round is 60 minutes product manager interview.
    After one week, it is 2 hour interview, using Skype: basically all technical questions.
    People here are very friendly and use camera to show me the working environment of Zazzle.

Current waiting for the result.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zazzle in September 2014.

Submitted by university career center and it took 2 weeks until the interview took place.
    I had two engineers and they were awesome. Really generous attitude toward interviewee.
    First 10~15 minutes, behavioral questions and the rest of time, technical question.

It was about recursive function.

Interview Questions
    • I encourage everyone who wants to pursue software engineer position to review data structure before technical interview.   Answer Question

Content Reviewer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zazzle.

Contacted by a recruiter and was able to do the interview in the next week. First I was sent to the wrong interview so we had to reschedule which make things take longer than they otherwise would have. The interview itself was quick & relatively easy, got an offer later that day.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Zazzle in June 2014.

I got the interview from a recruiting agency. Went in to the interview, fairly simple and straightforward. Asked what I knew about the company and where I wanted to be.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I knew about the company, had I ever used the site before, did I make an account.   Answer Question

Content Reviewer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Zazzle.

Process was very quick, must know and stay up to date with current events and popular media. If they are interested in you you will be contacted fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • You must be up to date with politicians and famous celebrities. Must be able to identify.   Answer Question

Localization Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zazzle.

The process took about 2 weeks...First was a phone interview with two people and they ask you basic interview questions etc. The second interview was through Skype (I think it's supposed to be an in-person interview if you are a local candidate)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zazzle in March 2013.

I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.