Zazzle

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Reviewer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter and was able to do the interview in the next week. First I was sent to the wrong interview so we had to reschedule which make things take longer than they otherwise would have. The interview itself was quick & relatively easy, got an offer later that day.

Interview Question – Naming famous figures as shown on a flash card   Answer Question

Content Reviewer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview Details – Process was very quick, must know and stay up to date with current events and popular media. If they are interested in you you will be contacted fairly quickly.

Interview Question – You must be up to date with politicians and famous celebrities. Must be able to identify.   Answer Question

Localization Associate Interview

Localization Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview Details – The process took about 2 weeks...First was a phone interview with two people and they ask you basic interview questions etc. The second interview was through Skype (I think it's supposed to be an in-person interview if you are a local candidate)

Interview Question – Nothing really...   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.

Interview Question – Question on matrix manipulation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle in June 2009.

Interview Details – Quick and easy. Common sense is all that is needed.

Quick tip:
dont wear jeans and an untucked button down.

Interview Question – How have you weaknesses affected your ability to perform your assigned tasks?   View Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Zazzle was definitely one of the most challenging places I had interviewed at. Arriving at the location. I was surprised at how large the building was. I had previously expected only a small office space since I heard it was a budding startup. I agree with the other reviewer that the place was rather disorganized and the construction going on was quite distracting. However, I think that it is perfectly reasonable since they are undergoing an office renovation, and the employees have no control over it. I was assured that the building would look awesome by the summer. Everyone that I talked to at Zazzle was incredibly brilliant. I have been to 40+ software engineering interviews over the past 2 months, and this was by far the most challenging process I had to go through. I went through 5 interviewers back to back, each for around 45mins to 1hour. I was there for a total of 5hours 30mins.

All the questions they asked ranged from moderately challenging to very challenging. I think the nature and difficulty of questions they posted to me made me even more excited about joining the company. Many software engineers at the company are Stanford & MIT computer scientists, many with postgraduate degrees, and some even have phds.

They were all very friendly to me, and I loved the atmosphere there.

Interview Question – Complicated technical question   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to an onsite interview after talking to one of their engineers at an infosession in UC Berkeley.They said they would need me from 1 to 5 pm. I had to drive for like 40 minutes in traffic from Berkeley to Redwood city. When I got there, they had some construction going on and everything was mess. It turned out they actually moved to another building. OK. The guy who interviewed me was a lead engineer. I told him I was driving right from school in traffic and he didn't even offer me a glass of water. Then, first thing he says is how bad my resume is organized and shows me somebody else's. Fine. Then he asked me some brainteaser and to write a small class. After one hour he says he done with interview and I have to wait for next guy. So, next guy comes and right of the bat, "You can go now because the guy you talked to is a lead engineer and he didn't like. We are busy company and we don't want to waist anymore time...." When he said that the guy "didn't like you", I thought he was joking. I understand they try to make an informal atmosphere. ("At least they didn't bro me"). I actually felt pretty annoyed and I think it was the worst investment of 10$ that I spent to get their. Overall, really unpleasant impression. You are like owned: you have to allocate 4 hours+ of your time, you have to their place, you are not even offered a water, and they kick you out because their time if expensive. I ended up landing an internship with Macy's.

Interview Question – Why is your resume is only one page and is not as good as the next interviewee one?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle in October 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Hiring manager, since this was just a contract job, it wasn't a crazy interview process. He asked me if I ever used Zazzle before, if I have ever done any review jobs, and asked about my qualifications. He also gave me a list of pictures to test my knowledge of Pop Culture.

Very Easy Interview

Will Not Reveal Interview

Will Not Reveal

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview Details – Interview process was OK. Very good questions asked and the role was very clearly spelt out. The HR recruiter is not doing her job. She just does not tell you if you have gotten the role or not, despite a few followup emails! Don't keep candidates in the dark. You should learn from the likes of Amazon. Sleek hiring process.

Reason for Declining – I still do not know if I have gotten the job. But if this is how the whole firm works (keeping you in the dark and does not bother to tell you the outcome of the interview), then even if I were given the role, I would decline it. Thank you very much.

Localization Interview

Localization

I applied online and interviewed at Zazzle.

Interview Details – This company's process is pretty simple:
1. A recruiter will invite you to a phone interview.
2. You accept, you study, you wait - she doesn't call you.
3. You email her (you don't have her number), asking what happened.
4. She replies saying that she had a problem with her agenda, and she couldn't call you. No apologies. She asks you to reschedule.
5. You want the job, and you accept the situation.
6. Once more, you wait, wait, wait... She doesn't call again.

Unprofessional. Disrespectful. Don't waste your time applying to a company that treats people like that.

Interview Question – There was no questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Zazzle? Contribute to the Community!