Zazzle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.

Interview Question – Question on matrix manipulation   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Zazzle was definitely one of the most challenging places I had interviewed at. Arriving at the location. I was surprised at how large the building was. I had previously expected only a small office space since I heard it was a budding startup. I agree with the other reviewer that the place was rather disorganized and the construction going on was quite distracting. However, I think that it is perfectly reasonable since they are undergoing an office renovation, and the employees have no control over it. I was assured that the building would look awesome by the summer. Everyone that I talked to at Zazzle was incredibly brilliant. I have been to 40+ software engineering interviews over the past 2 months, and this was by far the most challenging process I had to go through. I went through 5 interviewers back to back, each for around 45mins to 1hour. I was there for a total of 5hours 30mins.

All the questions they asked ranged from moderately challenging to very challenging. I think the nature and difficulty of questions they posted to me made me even more excited about joining the company. Many software engineers at the company are Stanford & MIT computer scientists, many with postgraduate degrees, and some even have phds.

They were all very friendly to me, and I loved the atmosphere there.

Interview Question – Complicated technical question   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to an onsite interview after talking to one of their engineers at an infosession in UC Berkeley.They said they would need me from 1 to 5 pm. I had to drive for like 40 minutes in traffic from Berkeley to Redwood city. When I got there, they had some construction going on and everything was mess. It turned out they actually moved to another building. OK. The guy who interviewed me was a lead engineer. I told him I was driving right from school in traffic and he didn't even offer me a glass of water. Then, first thing he says is how bad my resume is organized and shows me somebody else's. Fine. Then he asked me some brainteaser and to write a small class. After one hour he says he done with interview and I have to wait for next guy. So, next guy comes and right of the bat, "You can go now because the guy you talked to is a lead engineer and he didn't like. We are busy company and we don't want to waist anymore time...." When he said that the guy "didn't like you", I thought he was joking. I understand they try to make an informal atmosphere. ("At least they didn't bro me"). I actually felt pretty annoyed and I think it was the worst investment of 10$ that I spent to get their. Overall, really unpleasant impression. You are like owned: you have to allocate 4 hours+ of your time, you have to their place, you are not even offered a water, and they kick you out because their time if expensive. I ended up landing an internship with Macy's.

Interview Question – Why is your resume is only one page and is not as good as the next interviewee one?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Zazzle? Contribute to the Community!

Zazzle Videos

Zazzle – Why Work for Us?

Our Technology At Zazzle, our technologies are all about turning your dreams into reality. We're tackling some of the hardest technical challenges around. And we're not only developing cutting-edge software innovations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zazzle interview questions and advice in Redwood City, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zazzle employees and interview candidates.