Zazzle

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zazzle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got the interview from a recruiting agency. Went in to the interview, fairly simple and straightforward. Asked what I knew about the company and where I wanted to be.

Interview Question – Asked what I knew about the company, had I ever used the site before, did I make an account.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter for an on-campus interview and was asked a couple technical questions, one brain teaser and another very basic set of questions on trees. Then I was invited to an on-site interview that lasted several hours over several interviewers. One brain teaser was asked, but every other question involved implementing a class, and was centered around OO design.

Interview Question – Question on matrix manipulation   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zazzle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Zazzle was definitely one of the most challenging places I had interviewed at. Arriving at the location. I was surprised at how large the building was. I had previously expected only a small office space since I heard it was a budding startup. I agree with the other reviewer that the place was rather disorganized and the construction going on was quite distracting. However, I think that it is perfectly reasonable since they are undergoing an office renovation, and the employees have no control over it. I was assured that the building would look awesome by the summer. Everyone that I talked to at Zazzle was incredibly brilliant. I have been to 40+ software engineering interviews over the past 2 months, and this was by far the most challenging process I had to go through. I went through 5 interviewers back to back, each for around 45mins to 1hour. I was there for a total of 5hours 30mins.

All the questions they asked ranged from moderately challenging to very challenging. I think the nature and difficulty of questions they posted to me made me even more excited about joining the company. Many software engineers at the company are Stanford & MIT computer scientists, many with postgraduate degrees, and some even have phds.

They were all very friendly to me, and I loved the atmosphere there.

Interview Question – Complicated technical question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Zazzle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to an onsite interview after talking to one of their engineers at an infosession in UC Berkeley.They said they would need me from 1 to 5 pm. I had to drive for like 40 minutes in traffic from Berkeley to Redwood city. When I got there, they had some construction going on and everything was mess. It turned out they actually moved to another building. OK. The guy who interviewed me was a lead engineer. I told him I was driving right from school in traffic and he didn't even offer me a glass of water. Then, first thing he says is how bad my resume is organized and shows me somebody else's. Fine. Then he asked me some brainteaser and to write a small class. After one hour he says he done with interview and I have to wait for next guy. So, next guy comes and right of the bat, "You can go now because the guy you talked to is a lead engineer and he didn't like. We are busy company and we don't want to waist anymore time...." When he said that the guy "didn't like you", I thought he was joking. I understand they try to make an informal atmosphere. ("At least they didn't bro me"). I actually felt pretty annoyed and I think it was the worst investment of 10$ that I spent to get their. Overall, really unpleasant impression. You are like owned: you have to allocate 4 hours+ of your time, you have to their place, you are not even offered a water, and they kick you out because their time if expensive. I ended up landing an internship with Macy's.

Interview Question – Why is your resume is only one page and is not as good as the next interviewee one?   Answer Question

Worked for Zazzle? Contribute to the Community!