Zebra Technologies Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 7, 2015

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one in person with regional managers. Very easy, seemed mostly conversational. Talked about my past experience, what I'd done and why I'd done well. Pretty much just wanted to make sure I was a good personalty fit and that I had the min exp requirement on paper.

Inside Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in late March. Was contacted by Recruiter who did phone screening. Next step was phone interview with sales manager. I then was invited for an in person with same manager. Finally, I had to wait another three weeks for a second in person with peer and director. This was a 6 week process. I was finally told that I was being considered for a lesser position in which I had minimal interest. A couple days later, was eventually told I was not a finalist. Once they decided that I wasn't a candidate for the position in which I applied to, I would have appreciated being told this instead of wasting my time and taking additional time off from my current job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss past experiences as it would relate to this role.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through Linked In. Received call from HR for on site interview a week later. Met with the manager and team members and I believed I hit all the points they were looking for. Followed up the interview with HR thanking them etc. Followed up again in a week and again in another week and again. Not one response from them and I gave up on it after a month.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter and they made me an appointment for an on-site interview. Talked to 3 or 4 people including the team manager, pretty basic questions.

Advanced Feature Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Was called after speaking to their counter at a career fair in the University. Scheduled an interview the next day and had a great interview with the department director. After a week, was called for an on-site interview. This interview was with three major team members in that department and included a lot of general questions. The questions included "Explain your projects", "Tell us more about your work at x-company". More stress was placed on the approach to the interview, not many technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was new to interviewing so the difficult question for me was - "What was the most difficult task you completed and how you reached the goals"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Usually paid the NAS salary since this is a pure engineering company.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Streamlined. Three Steps: 1st Step - Phone interview with Recruiter; 2nd Step - HR interview, 3rd Step - Interviews with marketing team members including the direct supervisor. I found the cultural attitude to be somewhat arrogant, and overly aggressive. I had diverse commercial work experience in mining, security, and other commercial industries and there seemed to be little acknowledgement of the business value-add/perspective that I could bring to the table. I was told that I didn't get the offer because I was "too friendly", despite my consistent success with my career progression in crossing industries, obtaining higher level positions, and repeated senior management recognition in different companies. I didn't realize that one cannot do business successfully, with a smile. (I question whether or not my being female was a bias at play. I don't know if this is valid or not at the company.)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage deadlines?   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Not very organized, the tax team seemed confused.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview with an HR rep and then an onsite interview with 3 engineers and a manager. The phone interview was just a culture type interview, and the engineers asked a lot of technical questions on white boards. Nothing too crazy. Simple algorithms and definitions of phrases

Interview Questions

• There were some testing questions, which I didn't learn at school.   Answer Question