Zebra Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The talent acquisition personnel called me first to set up an appointment with the hiring manager. Then the manager conducted the phone interview with me. He introduced himself first and helped me to get familiar with the projects his division works on as well as the composition of members in the division.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

I got an interview after meeting a few employees at a job fair. I had a phone interview first, and then a few days later I got a call from HR to schedule an on-site interview. I was sent an interview schedule of a 3 hour block talking to 6 different engineers at the company.

Interview Questions

• One guy asked me to write C code on a whiteboard, another asked me more about what I liked to do for fun, and the others were more what I was expecting: why do you want this job, how are you qualified, future plans etc. Overall a much more technical interview than I was expecting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Holtsville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I gave them "benefit of the doubt" because of their rating but that was a mistake. A recruiter reached out to me and called me in for an interview, The manager was supposed to be there but he wasn't. I was interviewed by about 6 different people, all of which did not know of new technologies nor did they understand my previous experience. They called me in for a second time to speak with the manager and he didn't know what questions to ask me nor did he know about new technologies outside the bar scanners they work on. Waited for weeks and after about a month I got an automated rejection email. Waste of time, avoid like the plague!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one in person with regional managers. Very easy, seemed mostly conversational. Talked about my past experience, what I'd done and why I'd done well. Pretty much just wanted to make sure I was a good personalty fit and that I had the min exp requirement on paper.

Inside Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in late March. Was contacted by Recruiter who did phone screening. Next step was phone interview with sales manager. I then was invited for an in person with same manager. Finally, I had to wait another three weeks for a second in person with peer and director. This was a 6 week process. I was finally told that I was being considered for a lesser position in which I had minimal interest. A couple days later, was eventually told I was not a finalist. Once they decided that I wasn't a candidate for the position in which I applied to, I would have appreciated being told this instead of wasting my time and taking additional time off from my current job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss past experiences as it would relate to this role.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Holtsville, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Mainly explained what the company is about and what they do. Questions were restricted to what projects were performed and they probably derive how relevant it is to the job you've applied. apart from that it was very casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

Two 45-minute phone interviews in three days. The first one is mainly about signal processing and image processing. It might be because my background in Electronic Engineering. The second one is mostly coding. The questions are not too hard. They seemed to test my knowledge in basic data structures and algorithms.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through Linked In. Received call from HR for on site interview a week later. Met with the manager and team members and I believed I hit all the points they were looking for. Followed up the interview with HR thanking them etc. Followed up again in a week and again in another week and again. Not one response from them and I gave up on it after a month.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

Easy going, It was a good experience, they got back to me quickly with an offer within a week. They were thorough about my resume. Friendly during the interview and asked basic behavioral questions. The process was quick not a long interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zebra Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. The phone interview went very smoothly, asking about the work experience I gained at my current company. We briefly talked about some of the projects from college and asked me to highlight the difficulties I had with them. The interview was mostly related to object-oriented questions with couple of design questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a virtual function and a pure virtual function?   Answer Question