Zebra Technologies

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.1

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Easy going, It was a good experience, they got back to me quickly with an offer within a week. They were thorough about my resume. Friendly during the interview and asked basic behavioral questions. The process was quick not a long interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Zebra Technologies in September 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. The phone interview went very smoothly, asking about the work experience I gained at my current company. We briefly talked about some of the projects from college and asked me to highlight the difficulties I had with them. The interview was mostly related to object-oriented questions with couple of design questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a virtual function and a pure virtual function?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in August 2014.

Started with a phone screen from HR rep. Then phone screen with hiring manager. Typical questions - past experience and situation questions. On site with the group to be reported to one week later. Similar questions. More information about job responsibilities. Overall, seems like a nice place to work in.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deploy the introduction of MS Project to the group?   Answer Question

Hiring manager gave verbal offer via HR rep. Gave one day to consider. I ask to negotiate. HR rep said that the offer would likely be withdrawn, since this is how the manager works. I gave a counter offer, knowing that I will not likely get it. Hiring manager withdraw offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Got in touch with a recruiter and they made me an appointment for an on-site interview. Talked to 3 or 4 people including the team manager, pretty basic questions.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

It has been a long time and the company has totally changed so this won't really be useful.

I did not fare well but it was awhile ago. I think Zebra is more professionally run now.

Advanced Feature Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in October 2013.

Was called after speaking to their counter at a career fair in the University. Scheduled an interview the next day and had a great interview with the department director. After a week, was called for an on-site interview. This interview was with three major team members in that department and included a lot of general questions. The questions included "Explain your projects", "Tell us more about your work at x-company". More stress was placed on the approach to the interview, not many technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was new to interviewing so the difficult question for me was - "What was the most difficult task you completed and how you reached the goals"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Usually paid the NAS salary since this is a pure engineering company.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

The interview process is typical : first I had an initial interview with HR and after completing that I was scheduled for a face to face interview at their office with a hiring manager. Be prepared to answer behavioral questions, however nothing unusual. The interview was informative and friendly and I had a chance to meet with other team members.

Multimedia Designer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

too many interview steps for a contract position, questions were pretty arbitrary and no tech check.

Interview Questions
    • did you use a database to fill in form fields for the trading cards project in your portfolio?   View Answer
    n/a

Entry Level Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in December 2012.

Phone Interview was with Manager of the department. Pretty straight forward questions like tell me about yourself, how your skills would match with the position's requirements, how you'd make the leap from academics (max code line size of 1000) to industry level code of millions of lines of code, difference between the languages I have used (C, C++, C#) and my personal preference and why, considerations to note when programming embedded devices etc.
    He was very satisfied.

Onsite Interview started with the lunch since I had flown in only that morning. I kept asking the interviewer enough questions that he opened up quite a lot and pretty much gave a comprehensive overview of the job, function, type of candidate required etc.

Rest of the interviews were also only lightly technical- why do you want to work with Zebra, why embedded systems, work culture discussion, how Zebra and its products have changed over the years, explain my biggest strength and weakness,
    Last interview was fully technical- some basic technical questions like what is priority inversion, bitfields, RTOS etc.
    Then, given a sitation wherein bits are loaded from a bitmap onto a printer head using a shift register and I was asked to explain the process as if no RTOS were present.
    He seemed pretty happy with my answers and when I was leaving for my flight, my lunch interviewer met me and felt that I might get it.

But I was passed over to another candidate, who was more qualified it seems.

Interview Questions
    • Given a sitation wherein bits are loaded from a bitmap onto a printer head using a shift register and I was asked to explain the process as if no RTOS were present.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in July 2010.

Not very organized, the tax team seemed confused.