Zebra Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Holtsville, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Mainly explained what the company is about and what they do. Questions were restricted to what projects were performed and they probably derive how relevant it is to the job you've applied. apart from that it was very casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

Two 45-minute phone interviews in three days. The first one is mainly about signal processing and image processing. It might be because my background in Electronic Engineering. The second one is mostly coding. The questions are not too hard. They seemed to test my knowledge in basic data structures and algorithms.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

Easy going, It was a good experience, they got back to me quickly with an offer within a week. They were thorough about my resume. Friendly during the interview and asked basic behavioral questions. The process was quick not a long interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zebra Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. The phone interview went very smoothly, asking about the work experience I gained at my current company. We briefly talked about some of the projects from college and asked me to highlight the difficulties I had with them. The interview was mostly related to object-oriented questions with couple of design questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a virtual function and a pure virtual function?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone screen from HR rep. Then phone screen with hiring manager. Typical questions - past experience and situation questions. On site with the group to be reported to one week later. Similar questions. More information about job responsibilities. Overall, seems like a nice place to work in.

Interview Questions

• How would I deploy the introduction of MS Project to the group?   Answer Question

Hiring manager gave verbal offer via HR rep. Gave one day to consider. I ask to negotiate. HR rep said that the offer would likely be withdrawn, since this is how the manager works. I gave a counter offer, knowing that I will not likely get it. Hiring manager withdraw offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter and they made me an appointment for an on-site interview. Talked to 3 or 4 people including the team manager, pretty basic questions.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

It has been a long time and the company has totally changed so this won't really be useful.

Negotiation

I did not fare well but it was awhile ago. I think Zebra is more professionally run now.

Advanced Feature Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Was called after speaking to their counter at a career fair in the University. Scheduled an interview the next day and had a great interview with the department director. After a week, was called for an on-site interview. This interview was with three major team members in that department and included a lot of general questions. The questions included "Explain your projects", "Tell us more about your work at x-company". More stress was placed on the approach to the interview, not many technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was new to interviewing so the difficult question for me was - "What was the most difficult task you completed and how you reached the goals"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Usually paid the NAS salary since this is a pure engineering company.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

The interview process is typical : first I had an initial interview with HR and after completing that I was scheduled for a face to face interview at their office with a hiring manager. Be prepared to answer behavioral questions, however nothing unusual. The interview was informative and friendly and I had a chance to meet with other team members.

Multimedia Designer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zebra Technologies.

Interview

too many interview steps for a contract position, questions were pretty arbitrary and no tech check.

Interview Questions

• did you use a database to fill in form fields for the trading cards project in your portfolio?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a