Zellers

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zellers in May 2010.

Interview Details – Asked me some behavioral questions and about retail experience

Interview Question – Tell me a time you failed at something?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zellers in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first which was really just a confirmation that I was still interested in working there. I was asked a few simple questions like my name, email, etc… The interview itself was one on one with a few questions like why do you want to work here and very short. I ended up accepting the job.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was non-negotiable

Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Zellers in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was requested for an interview with the company, and being that HBC is like 339 years old, a company only 47 years doesn't seem in fact that OLD, and they didn't like that I called it a relatively new company (H&M), which is fairly new to Canada, having come here in the last 8 years.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself. Your relationships, friends, etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline because they wanted open availabilty for little to offer, with an unacceptably low wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zellers

Worked for Zellers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zellers Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zellers employees and interview candidates.