Zendesk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front-End Engineer Interview

Front-End Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Zendesk in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, the first with a hiring manager, the second with a member of the team I would be joining. I was then asked to build an application, they gave me a week to complete it. Then I was invited to HQ in SF, there I had 5 interviews in 2.5 hrs.

Interview Question – There was a whiteboard challenge where I was given a certain situation, and asked to code out a situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Our expectations were very similar.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 2-3 weeks total. I just applied online. First interview was a phone screening. It was all the regular interview questions. No surprises and lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer was really nice. Then I received an email to schedule for an onsite interview that last about 2-3 hours. I met with 5 different people. Each interview last about 30 minutes. Everyone was very welcoming, started with explaining who they were and what their position was and why they were interviewing me. No surprise questions. They each just wanted to know more about my past work experience. Interview ended and I received another onsite interview for just 30 minutes. This was the last one and it was all questions about getting to know me and what I like to do for fun outside of work. Each interviewer explain how important this role was to the company and what they were looking for as a Receptionist. I really gained an understanding of the role through them. Really got a sense of employees at Zendesk and the work environment you would be working in. Very approachable.

Interview Question – How do you handle saying "No" to someone and time management. Are you comfortable with asking for help?   Answer Question

Marketing Systems Manager Interview

Marketing Systems Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview Details – Applied through the web. Had a recruiter call me back. Talked for about half an hour about current job and the open position. She said she will talk with the hiring manager and get back to me the next day. Week later got a response via email that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. The position would be using Eloqua but I had Marketo experience so that was probably why the decided not to continue.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview Details – Be yourself and don't try to "fake it", they appreciate honesty and good personality. You may need to gain experience but they would give you the opportunity if you are a bright mind.

Interview Question – Just be honest   Answer Question

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Senior IT Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zendesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – Zendesk reached out to me via LinkedIn asking if I was looking for new job opportunities. I was looking for a new job at the time so I responded to the message and a phone interview was set up between me and the recruiter. This was a short call where I was invited to the office later the same day. After going to the office that day for a 30 minute interview I had a 3 hour interview set up. This was the main interview and I meet serval different people all from the IT department. The questions were normal and after a while the interview was mainly like a conversation and not being drilled with questions. Everyone was really nice and seemed genuinely interested in me and what I could bring to the team. After this final interview I was contacted by phone with a verbal offer and then shortly a written offer followed.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected but I think the hardest question was mainly being asked how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zendesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Two phone interviews and one in-person interview (about 1.5 hour). The recruiter was very professional and punctual. I was surprised to see the CEO when I came to the interview and he walked me to the office (probably just a coincident) . Afterward the recruiter gave me a quick tour of the office before the interview. Three rounds of in-person interview. First round was easy and conversational. The IT Director just asked me about some general questions about myself and she told me more about the company. Second round was a bit more technical but not that hard. I was interviewed by two Support Engineers. And the last round was pretty easy. They asked about my experience with my previous job. Tips: Come prepared, show positivity, know about the company and the position, and ask a lot of intelligent questions. If you can make them laugh, that's a big plus. Who wouldn't want a fun person to work with? :D

Interview Questions

Product Support Interview

Product Support
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Zendesk in January 2013.

Interview Details – You will need to accurately and effectively. Take an interest in the company and find your niche with answering the questions. The more of your personality that you can show here will benefit you.

Interview Question – What is your aspiration in life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was largely no negotiation phase.

People Operations Department Interview

People Operations Department

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zendesk in April 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter sent me an email to agreed a date/hour for a phone interview. The phone interview was only 20 mins, I felt that I didn't have enough time to describe my experience even if she was polite, she was in a hurry for another appointment and I felt very uncomfortable without the opportunity to recap/highlight my skills.

Interview Question – Standart phone interview to review profile and last experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Operations Analyst Interview

Financial Operations Analyst
San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – The company recruiter was timely in responding to emails and confirming the phone and on site interviews. Came into the office for an interview within a week after the phone interview.
The interview lasted two hours with four people
I got a response back exactly one week after the on-site interview.

Interview Question – What about Zendesk came to your attention and interest the most?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. 2 of them were phone interviews and the last one was on sight

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult   View Answer

Worked for Zendesk? Contribute to the Community!