Zenith Insurance Interview Questions

3.4

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Zenith Insurance.

Interview

Very cumbersome so to say. Rounds after rounds never ending. I would suggest candidates to be more practical in their approach and do not take things for granted. It's a very lengthy process but after I went in what I saw was an empty football field. So now my question is why were those questions -- for what ?

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zenith Insurance (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview which led to an in-person interview. Manager and Vice President. I have an extensive skill set and a good education. I'm very articulate, I answered every question thoroughly without hesitation, and I expressed confident body language. Perhaps they wanted someone who had experience in the field or was asking for less than $40k.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time at work where you were critiqued. How did you feel about that?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zenith Insurance (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

This was a curious interview. It included a panel interview of the employees I would be managing, and the panel included an internal candidate that had also applied for the job. I had been previously told by the recruiter that the internal candidate was not being considered because of lack of management experience. The employees stressed that they were a "very high performing team", and most of their questions were about how I would manage them, what changes I would make, etc. I did my best to reassure them that I was not going to fix things that were not broken, but that all groups, even high performing one, should strive to improve.

I then met with the hiring manager. In general I thought the interview went well - lots of head nodding and positive body language - and the interview went the full time allotment of 1 hour. I left thinking that I had nailed the interview.

The next day the recruiter said they would be passing on me. The feedback was that I "talked too much and was too laid back". Huh??? I have no idea how that combination is even possible - and who ever heard of an interview where the candidate is not supposed to talk?? I was really confused - but in hindsight, I suppose it was for the best - I suspect whoever they do hire for that position is going to have their hands full trying to manage a group that believes they do not need to improve.

Interview Questions

• We are a high performing group, how would you manage us?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zenith Insurance (San Diego, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview to make sure I was still a candidate. I had to fill in a few forms prior to the first interview. I was intereviewed by the Hiring Manager (Vice President), and two supervisors. It was general questions that lasted about an hour. I then got called for a second interview at their other branch location with their two other supervisors. This interview was more personality based. After a week, I was selected but because I would only be working part time I had to go through a temp agency. All in all it was fine. The people made sure I knew what I was getting into

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and qualities?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Zenith Insurance in October 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview. second round is 1 hr technical interview. didn't ask any irrelevant questions or anything. It was smooth. more of the technology they are using , and day to day implementation

Interview Questions

• design patterns uses and explain some of them you have used?   Answer Question