ZenithOptimedia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in August 2014.

I went to media day which is an informational session offered by the company where you learn about the industry, its trends, the company, and the training program. You get to hear feedback and network. I got an email from HR the same day I attended media day for a phone interview. The interview was basic, and they like to hear that you're passionate about media and your eagerness to learn. I got pushed to the 2nd round. 2nd round was very organized and it was a 2 hour long process. I was in a group of about 8-10 candidates. We were taken to a conferences room where we were given a brief presentation (similar to the one from media day). Then, there was a basic media math test in which they provide you with a calculator. Then, I had a 2 on 1 with someone from HR and someone from strategy (basic). I got a phone call next day with the offer!

Interview Questions
    You cannot negotiate pay for the media training program.

Media Planner Interview

interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in August 2013.

Met with three people from the account team and they asked pretty standard questions. Some of the questions included: What are your strengths... What management style do you prefer. What can you bring to the team with your previous experience.

Assistant Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in October 2013.

I initially interviewed for the Media Trainee Program at my university. I submitted a resume to career services, and within a few weeks had my first interview on a Friday. It consisted of a 20 minute session with a recruiter and an associate. I then took a short math test. Later that night, I got called back for Saturday. I had my 2nd and final interview, and was offered a job on the spot.

no negotiation

Trainee Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in April 2014.

Had 2 interviews, one via phone and one in person. The in person interview was done in teams of 6 interns and there were groups coming in every hour or so. We first were briefed with a presentation by the younger staff, most likely to connect to the interns. Then you have 1 on 1, or 2 on 1 interview with a supervisor and a HR rep. Questions were pretty standard. You also have to do a digital media math assessment (although you don't need to study, its basic statistic stuff - nothing more difficult than splitting a bill)

Media Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia.

The interview process was conducted through my university, so I never had to travel to another location. I interviewed on campus. I had 2 round of interviews (one on Friday, one on Saturday). Then I took a simple media math test. I Was offered the job the same day. I waited a few weeks and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to market to an older generation, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    none

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in November 2012.

Hiring process was seamless since the account I was working on at a sister agency of Zenith Optimedia was moved over to ZO due to a new business win. New York HR lead came in, sat with all of us, described restructure/transition process and pay scale.

Interview Questions
    Initially they weren't budging but we found a middle ground.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in August 2013.

Had an interview with two employees, a lot of questions was encouraged throughout both interviews. Both employees first gave a lot of insight and information on the internship position to make sure the person they want to hire would be suitable for the role. Both employees were comfortable to talk to, felt like an easy-going conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Really simple process, the employees prefer interviewees to ask questions about the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in October 2013.

I applied online and about 2 weeks later I received a call by someone from HR who gave me a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was very standard and all behavioral questions about why you want to be in the media industry, what you know about the company etc. At the end of the phone interview, she offered me an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview consisted of a brief presentation describing the media training program and very simple math test (during which time you're in a room with several other candidates), followed by a 2 on 1 meeting with one of the HR coordinators and a senior media planner. About 3 days later, I received an email from HR that they want to move me to the final round of interviews where I will meet with one of the upper management team members. I went back on-site the following week and met with one of the presidents. Less than one business day later HR called me back with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is a commercial that you watched that made you think "I could have done a better job than them"?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary as a media trainee. You are paid on a set hourly basis until you get a full-time offer at the end of the 120 day training period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia in November 2013.

Process took about a week. Referred through a fellow employee. Got a call from the HR who was very helpful and kind and a couple days later went in for an interview with two other people.

Interview Questions
    DId not negotiate, but from what I know the pay as a trainee is similar to a full time asst media planner position at Initiative.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ZenithOptimedia.

Great interview, great process.

Interview Questions

Worked for ZenithOptimedia? Contribute to the Community!